Top Picks support thread

chef

Happy2Play

An edge case but might want to exclude stub files also (.disc).

image.png.250be4b8991458bdb16d0052f8613971.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junglejim said:

Great work adding TV Shows! Just did some testing and everything seem to be working great. 👍

I did find one small bug, The library thumbs for TV seem to be using the primary poster image instead of the background image. I use coverart so it's easy to see.

Screenshot_2022-11-05_10-35-16.png.49f5f96eca634269150a0403380a6208.png

The main home widget works great.

Screenshot_2022-11-05_10-35-40.png.8113d11e7c1d6c225b33686c492f9c8d.png

Thanks again mate!

Cheers 🍻

Oh, that is something unforseen...

I wonder why??

I don't have access to covertart source, but I wonder if maybe, by changing the poster image in the ImageProcessor class, it ignores the backdrop, somehow?

Or something... 🤔

I will test right away.

4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

On it!

PuffyToesToo
3 hours ago, chef said:

Did you happen to use the same email to register that you used to sign up to the community forum with?

let me know.  we'll get it fixed up for you.

No, it would be a different email, as I've had my Paypal a long time lol. Thank you :) 

GrimReaper
13 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I would steer clear of this Chef and let emby deal with that. Its another can of worms you shouldn’t have to deal with. 

Grim…. put pressure on the core to handle strm files for their library management 

I know Luke doesn't fancy that approach due to the typical nature of strm files - actual videos being hosted on an external domain and doing it on scan time would result in hammering that domain. Since here we're discussing very limited number of strm files only (and likely local), I reckon probing those at the time of creation wouldn't have any considerable impact. But it is only QOL improvement that one can certainly live without.  

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Junglejim
6 minutes ago, chef said:

Oh, that is something unforseen...

I wonder why??

I don't have access to covertart source, but I wonder if maybe, by changing the poster image in the ImageProcessor class, it ignores the backdrop, somehow?

Or something... 🤔

I will test right away.

I edit my initial post on this, I think it's adding coverart to the background image for the library thumbs for top picks. As you can see the home widget is gold.👍

This is only TV thumbs, movies don't suffer from this but the also have coverart. 😕

Edited by Junglejim
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PuffyToesToo said:

No, it would be a different email, as I've had my Paypal a long time lol. Thank you :) 

Okay, that is why.

We can either contact Eric together, and he will attach the emails, or I can pm you a quick fix code that you can use 😆

I put a fail safe in there... Just Incase. 

I post this publicly because in the end,  it doesn't matter 😆.

Lem'me know... PM me 👍

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I know Luke doesn't fancy that approach due to the typical nature of strm files - actual videos being hosted on an external domain and doing it on scan time would result in hammering that domain. Since here we're discussing very limited number of strm files only (and likely local), I reckon probing those at the time of creation wouldn't have any considerable impact. But it is only QOL improvement that one can certainly live without.  

That is interesting...

So probe the actual file and add the data to the NFO file.

I will try to do that.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

I know Luke doesn't fancy that approach due to the typical nature of strm files being hosted hosted on an external domain and doing it on scan time would result in hammering that domain. Since here we're discussing very limted number of strm files only (and likely local), I reckon probing those at the time of creation wouldn't have any considerable impact. But it is only QOL improvement that one can certainly live without.  

Let chef get to a very stable release before feature creeping it. He’s already adding a lot of bells and whistles to an already well wanted plugin. 

im completely against it personally… i know the headaches involved with any media interrogation. I can mayble look at an implementation to help chef out… but please let him concentrate on the plugin objectives and deliverables. 

cheers grim 👍👍

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, chef said:

That is interesting...

So probe the actual file and add the data to the NFO file.

I will try to do that.

Chef? Let me look at this in the morning. I can run some tests and see if it’s feasible, but there will be a lot of processes/tasks concurrently running which i think will be another issue to contend with. 

• Like 1

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Let chef get to a very stable release before feature creeping it. He’s already adding a lot of bells and whistles to an already well wanted plugin. 

im completely against it personally… i know the headaches involved with any media interrogation. I can mayble look at an implementation to help chef out… but please let him concentrate on the plugin objectives and deliverables. 

cheers grim 👍👍

Sure thing, it wasn't anyone's intention to distract @chef from the amazing work he's been doing, just throwing ideas, certainly not to be implemented ASAP. But I do lack that MediaInfo row. If it will be feasible at some point - great, if not - no biggie. 

Cheers 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play

I still see the issue of when the task is run the browser has to be Refreshed to see libraries.

Don't know if you have done any client testing as it appears to sort of crash ET Desktop when running the task via ET.  It reloads and bounce to Home Screen and can no longer get to Settings.  Might be something with Electron.

image.thumb.png.91a5e37b739eb4e8ac38fbe607dc0aba.png

Cheesegeezer

@chef update git and ill add a probe folder and task(not scheduled task) that can run after the items are all processed. Will probably need a model also but this should be doable.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I still see the issue of when the task is run the browser has to be Refreshed to see libraries.

Don't know if you have done any client testing as it appears to sort of crash ET Desktop when running the task via ET.  It reloads and bounce to Home Screen and can no longer get to Settings.  Might be something with Electron.

image.thumb.png.91a5e37b739eb4e8ac38fbe607dc0aba.png

Do you see the same issue running the auto version group UI update button from ET?

The next step is successfully updating episodes in series that belong to Top Picks,  when they are added over time.

Movies are easy, there is only one, Series may take months to complete.

I have tapped into the Item_Added event in emby and specified items that belong to Top Picks, but if files get renamed,  the event seems to throw a nasty exception that crashes the server. 

I've got to trace the exception, and handle new episodes added to Top Picks. 

😃

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Do you see the same issue running the auto version group UI update button from ET?

Nope it is behaving running from Scheduled Task and from within plugin.

@chef note the ET issue only happens from within plugin not Scheduled tasks.

31 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Nope it is behaving running from Scheduled Task and from within plugin.

@chef note the ET issue only happens from within plugin not Scheduled tasks.

It's very odd.. I'm seeing to as well...

The config button wraps itself with "taskbutton.js".

It uses that .js library to kick off the task,  handle the progress bar, and also the disabled attribute of the button in the configuration.

But, I don't see how that could affect the layout of the library, let alone how it would create errors on the home screen, or does it access the browser cache?

Why is it effecting ET? 

Is ET still using Electron?

4 minutes ago, chef said:

It's very odd.. I'm seeing to as well...

The config button wraps itself with "taskbutton.js".

It uses that .js library to kick off the task,  handle the progress bar, and also the disabled attribute of the button in the configuration.

But, I don't see how that could affect the layout of the library, let alone how it would create errors on the home screen, or does it access the browser cache?

Why is it effecting ET? 

Is ET still using Electron?

The desktop app is, yes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Luke said:

The desktop app is, yes.

Okay, with that information, it is possible that there maybe a browser cache... "something"... happening.

I could try to wrap a event around the button that doesn't use taskbutton.js, and see if that changes anything.

Of course it is just a theory,  that what we are seeing has anything to do with taskbutton.js.

But, as Happy has stated, the Scheduled Task doesn't seem to cause any unexpected behavior.

I'll try that out next. If it works then we can submit a report,  or something.....

• Like 1

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, reloadinpotch said:

Hello,

Where do you download the plugin?

The plugin catalog.  Settings-Plugins-Catalog tab

11 hours ago, Junglejim said:

I edit my initial post on this, I think it's adding coverart to the background image for the library thumbs for top picks. As you can see the home widget is gold.👍

This is only TV thumbs, movies don't suffer from this but the also have coverart. 😕

I know why this is happening. 

The Top Picks thumb image that is being saved for the home screen is being named "poster" (a primary image).

So covertart is treating it that way.

This does cause an issue.

I don't want to take away from what covertart is doing.

Going to have to think about what the best way to handle that is. 

Edited by chef

Well I found the reason why the library wasn't loading.

It's actually interesting, and a rookie mistake. Yikes!

If you browse to the Top Picks Configuration page before the Home Screen, the configuration page attaches a function to the ApiClient called "getItems()".

This custom function is meant to load the items in the dropdown list with all the items except Top Pick items, and it looks likes this:

Items?ExcludeLocationTypes=Top%20Picks&Recursive=true

However, the ApiClient already has a function attached to it called "getItems()", so by attaching this new custom method, it indirectly overrides the normal Apiclient function with a new one.

Now, if you browse to the Top Picks library, the new method is being used, which is telling the browser don't load Top Picks, even while viewing the Top Picks library. 😬 Ops!

If the browser is refreshed, it refreshes the ApiClient, and that custom "getItems" method is no longer overriding,  and the library loads.

Lesson learned! Do not name functions the same as ones that already exist.

I will push an update that will fix all of this right away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

I added this as well.