Top Picks support thread

chef

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Well done.

Still see the issue in ET Desktop

Is there a way to clear the ET cache at all?

Or a way to get a log from it?

Junglejim

12 hours ago, chef said:

I know why this is happening. 

The Top Picks thumb image that is being saved for the home screen is being named "poster" (a primary image).

So covertart is treating it that way.

This does cause an issue.

I don't want to take away from what covertart is doing.

Going to have to think about what the best way to handle that is. 

Ok thanks, strange why it doesn't effect Movies just TV Shows? May be the movie coverart needs the res of the media to grab the relevant cover (no media meta for strm files) where tv shows just applies the basic folder cover?

Screenshot_2022-11-06_10-16-35.thumb.png.853c3167f8ef695aa35d9d0c04af354f.png

Also it doesn't affect the home screen..

Screenshot_2022-11-06_10-43-45.thumb.png.0903d190321581fce202cf9ade7e8ce5.png

Edited by Junglejim

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, chef said:

Is there a way to clear the ET cache at all?

Or a way to get a log from it?

Not that I know of, and the log does really show anything even with debugging.

Spoiler

2022-11-05 16:50:34.886 Info Main: Application path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe
2022-11-05 16:50:34.902 Info Main: Emby
    Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\Emby.Theater.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.25236.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater
    Application directory: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system
2022-11-05 16:50:34.973 Info Main: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\electron\electron.exe "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\electronapp" "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\data\electron" "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\cec\cec-client.x64.exe" "C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\mpv\mpv.exe"
2022-11-05 16:50:35.099 Info App: Application version: 3.0.16.0
2022-11-05 16:50:35.146 Info App: Application configuration:
    {"EnableDebugLevelLogging":true,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
2022-11-05 16:50:35.146 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2022-11-05 16:50:35.146 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2022-11-05 16:50:35.146 Info App: Loading Emby.Theater, Version=3.0.16.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
2022-11-05 16:50:35.209 Info Main: HDMI CEC driver already installed.
2022-11-05 16:50:35.287 Debug JsonSerializer: Deserializing file C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\config\ScheduledTasks\632fcf91-ac94-bbb1-f337-def8f56c4c5c.js
2022-11-05 16:50:35.287 Debug JsonSerializer: Deserializing file C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\data\ScheduledTasks\632fcf91-ac94-bbb1-f337-def8f56c4c5c.js
2022-11-05 16:50:35.303 Info App: Core startup complete
2022-11-05 16:50:38.324 Info TaskManager: StartupTrigger fired for task: Check for application updates
2022-11-05 16:50:38.325 Info TaskManager: Queueing task SystemUpdateTask
2022-11-05 16:50:38.330 Info TaskManager: Executing Check for application updates
2022-11-05 16:50:38.386 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://api.github.com/repos/MediaBrowser/Emby.Theater.Windows/releases
2022-11-05 16:50:39.089 Debug App: No application update available.
2022-11-05 16:50:39.091 Info TaskManager: Check for application updates Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2022-11-05 16:50:39.114 Info TaskManager: ExecuteQueuedTasks
2022-11-05 16:51:50.441 Info App: Disposing ApplicationHost
2022-11-05 16:51:50.442 Info App: Disposing TaskManager
2022-11-05 16:51:50.442 Info App: Disposing TaskManager

• Thanks 1

I have an idea, what if Top Picks played a custom cinema intro for when you played a top pick item?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848833-cinema-intros

You would have to have cinema intros enabled, but this is totally possible.

You could even create your own top pick cinematic intro, and have that play before the top pick movie/episode. 

Dunno, might be a cool addition.

I would only write it, if it was actually cool. 😎🤔😕😂

• Agree 2

Actually, it took two seconds to write. Super easy barely an inconvenience.

If you have cinema intros installed, you can easily add a cinema intro for a top pick item, because each top pick item is now tagged with "top-pick".

If you create a rule in the cinema intro configuration for "top-pick" tag on a media item it will play that intro for top picks.

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1

Just taking one step further, each top pick item is tagged with it's rank as well.

So top pick 1, is tagged "top-pick-1", incase you wanted to get really technical and create specific intros for each top pick.

• Thanks 1

So, I've been messing the possibility of either adding a special command to Top Picks, or perhaps an entirely new plugin that creates custom cinematic intros 😆...

Which would be also cool ... I think.

But, if Top Picks handled its own, it would create custom inros kind of like the one below.

The only thing it is missing is some text under the logo  that says the Rank of the item, and some layout changes to help it look best.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

PuffyToesToo
3 hours ago, chef said:

So, I've been messing the possibility of either adding a special command to Top Picks, or perhaps an entirely new plugin that creates custom cinematic intros 😆...

Which would be also cool ... I think.

But, if Top Picks handled its own, it would create custom inros kind of like the one below.

The only thing it is missing is some text under the logo  that says the Rank of the item, and some layout changes to help it look best.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but is that a personal template for emby (sans text obviously), or is that available on the forum somewhere? Thank you.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

I hope you don't mind me asking, but is that a personal template for emby (sans text obviously), or is that available on the forum somewhere? Thank you.

The template can be custom made.

I've spent most of the day learning the "ins and outs" of ffmpeg. It can totally be available.

and more can be added.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Haha i have something similar in VantagePoint which i havent released yet but it adds the name of the Title to the rating slide. 

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/98710-vantage-point-issues-bugs-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1141032

Awesome! 

I found it hard to figure out text over PNG overlay on top of a video file. Took me a while... finally figured it out.

soderlund91

Looks like a real nice plugin! But where/how do I add it? I might be stupid but I can't find it in the plugin catalog, and can't find a .dll to download.. 

Thanks! 

LazyMonday91

hi @saderlund91 it is present in plugin catalogue in section " general " at the end of the line
image.thumb.png.1e79f86505e730d203c192092e9e99a2.png

good evening !

;)

Edited by LazyMonday91
  • Agree 1

I think I finally got this custom intro looking fine. Less is more in the end.

The custom intros would be made for each top pick.

These are a bit  more of a polished example. Is it worth it?... not entirely sure.

But it is kind of cool to see a fully rendered 1080p custom intro for the item your about to watch in Top Picks.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Junglejim
8 hours ago, chef said:

I think I finally got this custom intro looking fine. Less is more in the end.

The custom intros would be made for each top pick.

These are a bit  more of a polished example. Is it worth it?... not entirely sure.

But it is kind of cool to see a fully rendered 1080p custom intro for the item your about to watch in Top Picks.

I really like these custom generated intros.👍 I currently use these..

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/105716-emby-feature-presentation-pre-rolls/

How would this work with the current Cinema Intros plugin? Would that one play first then the custom generated one play after that?

• Like 1

LazyMonday91

hi @chef,

do you think it will be possible to create custom intro like this but it's not free intros :(

For only top picks ?

Regards,
LzM :D

Edited by LazyMonday91

I have a two step plan for Cinematic intros.

Today I will release a version of top picks that has the ability to 'tag' top pick items with a 'top-pick' tag.

What that means is that, right away you can attach custom cinematic intros to top pick items.

You can do this using this option in the Cinematic intro page in the dashboard

Screenshot_20221109-092931.thumb.png.d04184936e2b2f0b0ead43b6b56ee594.png

To do this, select a folder on the server where you want to keep cinematic intros for codec and tagged items.

Then drop a intro video file into that folder called 'top-pick.mp4' (or what ever your video extension is).

After a library refresh this intro will play specifically for top pick items.

Also, each Top Pick is also tagged with with it's rank as well: 'top-pick-1', 'top-pick-2', etc.

So you will be able to zero in on each top pick item simply by giving your custom intro a name like 'top-pick-1.mp4'.

The second step to creating custom cinematic intros could be one of two things.

I could add the ability to generate custom intros directly to Top Picks and only this plugin. It would be cool.

Or, perhaps there is an opportunity here for something new, some kind of intro rendering plugin that creates custom cinematic intros for you. That would also be cool.

A little more specific then the pre-roll section in awesome plugins like Vantage-Point (which is you haven't checked out, totally do that).

By creating a new type of plugin, custom intros could be generated for all types of things, like server name intros, or dynamic new release trailers. It is endless what you could do.

Mind you in both of the scenarios, ffmpeg is limited to images, text, and pre-rendered video.

For example the custom intro I made in the examples was a pre-render video of the Emby logo, and ffmpeg simply faded the media items logo on it.

I will definitely release the tagging part of top picks, so if people want to leverage that, they can. It would be great to get some feedback from the community about what is worth spending time on with regards to custom cinematics.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LazyMonday91 said:

hi @chef,

do you think it will be possible to create custom intro like this but it's not free intros :(

For only top picks ?

Regards,
LzM :D

You will absolutely be able to use those  videos specifically for top picks yes. I'll release an update, and if you follow my post above, those videos will play for top pick items 👍👍

• Thanks 1

soderlund91
15 hours ago, LazyMonday91 said:

hi @saderlund91 it is present in plugin catalogue in section " general " at the end of the line
image.thumb.png.1e79f86505e730d203c192092e9e99a2.png

good evening !

;)

Can't see it... I remember seeing the "TV theme songs/show" before, but they also are not presented in the list.. 

14 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

@soderlund91 If you don't see it, what server version are you on?

Latest stable, 4.7.9.0. Running on a Raspberry pi 4 8gb.

I have been running the latest  beta for a while until a few days ago, but haven't seen this addon at all.. 

Could it have to do with my server and/or user language?

I'm currently using Swedish for both. I think I had an install on English before and maybe that's when I saw the TV theme addon as mentioned above. 

(For how long have the Top Picks been in the catalog?)

Thanks for all the help! 

Just now, soderlund91 said:

Can't see it... I remember seeing the "TV theme songs/show" before, but they also are not presented in the list.. 

Latest stable, 4.7.9.0. Running on a Raspberry pi 4 8gb.

I have been running the latest  beta for a while until a few days ago, but haven't seen this addon at all.. 

Could it have to do with my server and/or user language?

I'm currently using Swedish for both. I think I had an install on English before and maybe that's when I saw the TV theme addon as mentioned above. 

(For how long have the Top Picks been in the catalog?)

Thanks for all the help! 

It doesn't appear in the "General" row at all?

I don't think language would play a part in hiding the option.

Would you be able to post a screen shot of the catalog where Top Picks should be, right be the Trakt plugin? 

Most 3rd party plugins only show up in the catalog through the web app.

They have to be specially vetted by the Emby devs to be visible when viewing the catalog through the other clients.

Might be what's happening here.

Edited by roaku
  • Agree 1

soderlund91
8 minutes ago, chef said:

It doesn't appear in the "General" row at all?

I don't think language would play a part in hiding the option.

Would you be able to post a screen shot of the catalog where Top Picks should be, right be the Trakt plugin? 

Found the problem...! 

I'm mostly using my Android manage the server since I'm running the Raspberry headless. 

So now when I logged on via my PC to get a good screenshot (still remotely connected) i can see A LOT more addons in the catalog, including the Top Picks. 

I had no clue there was a difference between the phone or a PC in this way.. I mean, ist still on the same server. 

So maybe this is something to look into. 

But thanks anyway for the help and quick replys! 

• Like 3