Top Picks support thread

chef

Just now, Ninko said:

Thanks @chefand @Cheesegeezer.

One other question, will the top picks be different for each user based on what they watch etc, or is it based globally on what all users watch, i.e. the list will be the same for every user?

Thanks

At the moment top picks is not unique to each user.

I have been thinking about how something like that might be done, but currently top picks will be created based on the overall user base, and not individual users. 😃

Cheesegeezer
7 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Thanks @chefand @Cheesegeezer.

One other question, will the top picks be different for each user based on what they watch etc, or is it based globally on what all users watch, i.e. the list will be the same for every user?

Thanks

This is an Admin Feature to suggest to your users what you recommend them to watch.  

Hey @MikePlanet :) 

If you ever do make it back to the community forums and read this.

I think that in the auto grouping plugin that you created (which is an awesome utility, and very useful)  there may be an issue when attempting to combine items in the library with multiple media sources.

For example, if an item already has multiple Media Sources attached to it, your plugin seems to want to try and recombine the media sources again... if that makes sense.

Perhaps (and this is totally a guess, forgive me if I'm incorrect) it might be possible to add a check on the library items' media source count prior to acting upon it?

//Where item is the current BaseItem.
var libraryOptions = LibraryManager.GetLibraryOptions(item); //we need to pass in lib options for the item in the GetMediaSources method.
var mediaSources = item.GetMediaSources(true, true, libraryOptions); //There are all the media sources attached to this item.
if (mediaSources.Count >= 2) return; //does this BaseItem already have multiple sources attached to it? if it does we can ignore it and move on.

Thanks so much in advance... I realize you've been @'d several times over the last couple days LOL!

Thanks also for the awesome plugin utility. Excellent work sir :) 

• Like 1

rbjtech
11 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

It does if within same folder (multi-version naming convention) and/or library, ain't feasible across folders/libraries. 

Multi-versioning works just fine with this Plugin if your versions (which can be in multiple folders) are in the same library - we have have done some extensive testing on this ;)

As an example - I have SD, HD and UHD folders in a 'Movies' library - and this works fine.

What hasn't been tested (as I removed the Multi-grouping plugin a while back when library multi-version worked in the Core) - is multi-version across libraries - and I think this is what is causing the recursion issues - as I've seen it before when using strm files on my own 'recommendations' initial script.  

You can re-create the issue @chef by just creating a STRM file that links to a different library.

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spaceboy
12 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Multi-versioning works just fine with this Plugin if your versions (which can be in multiple folders) are in the same library

but emby does not group movies in this scenario - you have to use the multi version grouping plugin. only if the movies are in the same folder.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

but emby does not group movies in this scenario - you have to use the multi version grouping plugin. only if the movies are in the same folder.

You can manually merge on multi-select (three-dot menu>Group versions) IF they're within same library, not necessarily within same folder. 

• Like 1

rbjtech
6 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

You can manually merge on multi-select (three-dot menu>Group versions) IF they're within same library, not necessarily within same folder. 

ok - need to test this on movies, but for TV series, mine is automatically grouping them for me.   They are stored in separate folders, but in the same library.

Let me confirm on movies ..

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, rbjtech said:

but for TV series, mine is automatically grouping them for me

Because you have your TV Shows library option "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" ticked on. No such option for Movie-type libraries.

• Thanks 1

rbjtech
2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Because you have your TV Shows library option "Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders" ticked on. No such option for Movie-type libraries.

Ah-ha - yes, I guess that would do it - lol !

Apologies then all - this only works for TV Shows - not movies.

• Like 1

rbjtech

so going back to the original issue - if movies are grouped manually (which I guess I must have done.. 😎 as mine are grouped) then there is no issue with Top Picks. ?

It's only when the 'Auto group Plugin' is used alongside 'Top Picks' ?

Edited by rbjtech
  • Agree 3

Idealbrandon

So what am I doing wrong? I have the top picks plugin enabled (and purchased), I configured settings and added 10 movies just to start. On my Emby home screen, I see "Top Picks" under my media, but if I click into it it is empty. I don't see top picks anywhere else under home screen or under movies. I'm sure this is user error, but I cant figure this one out.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Idealbrandon said:

So what am I doing wrong? I have the top picks plugin enabled (and purchased), I configured settings and added 10 movies just to start. On my Emby home screen, I see "Top Picks" under my media, but if I click into it it is empty. I don't see top picks anywhere else under home screen or under movies. I'm sure this is user error, but I cant figure this one out.

Have you run the update top picks task? Try run it again. 

Mookdog

Why does top picks bury my memory on my pc when trying to scan in my top picks ? It does both a top picks and a media scan at the same time and my memory is 99% usage. I had to reboot the pc just to get it to run normal again. I uninstalled for the time being

Mook

Cheesegeezer
5 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Why does top picks bury my memory on my pc when trying to scan in my top picks ? It does both a top picks and a media scan at the same time and my memory is 99% usage. I had to reboot the pc just to get it to run normal again. I uninstalled for the time being

Mook

Do you have auto group plugin installed? This seems to be the cause of the memory leak

• Agree 1

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

Will there be support for TV shows also, or basically any library content ?

My understanding is yes that is the plan, but @chef can confirm.

kikinjo

On home screen, where you have your top picks listed... word "Latest" is hardcoded. This should be removed or configurable. Not all ppl are english..., anyways you can use library name for what you want to display there. Just rename the library to whatever, no need for hard coding. Thanks

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

On home screen, where you have your top picks listed... word "Latest" is hardcoded. This should be removed or configurable. Not all ppl are english..., anyways you can use library name for what you want to display there. Just rename the library to whatever, no need for hard coding. Thanks

I would have thought it was based on the 'Home Screen' section wording - ie Latest Media applies the word 'Latest' in front of the library/channel.

I'm unsure if this wording is localised ?    Can you show an example ?

kikinjo
4 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

I would have thought it was based on the 'Home Screen' section wording - ie Latest Media applies the word 'Latest' in front of the library/channel.

I'm unsure if this wording is localised ?    Can you show an example ?

U are possibly right, i just renamed top picks library...and word got lost... but now i have other issues popped. 2 libraries...etc..

1 hour ago, kikinjo said:

Yeah the word "Latest" is part of the Emby internal layout.

But are you saying that top picks is using the English word for "Latest" on your home screen?

kikinjo
1 hour ago, chef said:

But are you saying that top picks is using the English word for "Latest" on your home screen?

Yes it is Emby internal prefix on home screen library row.

I tried to rename top picks library that was created, through emby...got duplicated another library and other issues.
Maybe before creating the library to have option to name it ?

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, chef said:

All My Media library rows are as they are part of the "Latest Media" Section.

image.thumb.png.2d8c61547345849a3f11713833bc4e40.png

But the Libraries are not as they are different Sections.

image.png.c716d27320d5f513583e35eb74cde636.png

30 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

All My Media library rows are as they are part of the "Latest Media" Section.

image.thumb.png.2d8c61547345849a3f11713833bc4e40.png

But the Libraries are not as they are different Sections.

image.png.c716d27320d5f513583e35eb74cde636.png

Holy! I've gotta fix that new releases page to ignore top picks!

I mean to do it today, but called into work early.

I'll fix that the moment I can! 

39 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

Yes it is Emby internal prefix on home screen library row.

I tried to rename top picks library that was created, through emby...got duplicated another library and other issues.
Maybe before creating the library to have option to name it ?

Okay, one way to fix the duplicate library that you have created is to go into "Library" settings.

(Sorry I'm on mobile...)

Screenshot_20221027-151548.thumb.png.033a21ce30172e8a99e9da76be1971db.png

Remove "Top Picks" from the row of libraries, and restart the server.

If the duplicate library is listed there as well, you can remove it too.

When the server restarts, it will have recreated the library for you.

Then you will have to populate it again.