Top Picks support thread

chef

2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

. they are in separate folders on disk but in the same library and grouped by the auto movie version collections plugin

log attached embyserver(11).txt

Okay, you are using this auto grouping plugin.

Does the creator of that plugin still frequent the forums?

Do you think he's available to chat? 

I need to know how he is grouping the movies so I can side step his logic. 😆

Top Picks will take care of grouping multiple media sources for the library.

Im afraid what is happening is both the plugins are competing to do the same thing.

@MikePlanet

@GrimReaper

@Spaceboy

Edited by chef

GrimReaper
6 minutes ago, chef said:

Does the creator of that plugin still frequent the forums?

Do you think he's available to chat? 

Don't think so, but I reckon @Happy2Playmight be somewhat familiar with it.

6 minutes ago, chef said:

Top Picks will take care of grouping multiple media sources for the library.

Not sure what do you mean by that, as with only Top Picks installed I get multiple (all) versions of the same item in the Continue Watching row, same as if they're not grouped. Only upon grouping them via Auto-grouping plugin there's single item in CW row?

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Das ist ein Tag auf einem Element in der Filmbibliothek, aus dem Top Pick ausgewählt wurde, eine Nummer dort wäre tatsächlich fehl am Platz. Die Top-Picks-Bibliothek und die Zeile "Aktuell" bleiben unverändert.

It would be best if it remained unchanged. If I create Top Pick as a widget and have recently added films above it, for example, one and the same film has two views. Either you find the same look or you leave Top Pick under Top Pick, but as we all know, tastes are different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

Don't think so, but I reckon @Happy2Playmight be somewhat familiar with it.

Not sure what do you mean by that, as with only Top Picks installed I get multiple (all) versions of the same item in the Continue Watching row, same as if they're not grouped. Only upon grouping them via Auto-grouping plugin there's single item in CW row?

I can see that the continue watching row will duplicate the item.

It maybe possible to fix this with a tag in the file name ' [ Top Pick ]'.

I'm going to try this and see what happens.

I'm also going to install the auto grouping plugin so I can get a firsthand look at what is going on. 👍

My main concern however is why a stream won't start.

Is it because they get grouped together?

If you don't group them, does the stream start playing? 

On my system, I have tested Top Gun 4k and 1080p top pick multi-source entry, and although the stream takes an extra moment to start, they both play.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, Seger said:

It would be best if it remained unchanged. If I create Top Pick as a widget and have recently added films above it, for example, one and the same film has two views. Either you find the same look or you leave Top Pick under Top Pick, but as we all know, tastes are different.

Indeed they are, and I, for one, prefer current iteration, where there are no numbered items within Movie library. Since I'm using thumbs and not posters for Top Picks, there's no different posters for same item in two rows. So maybe @chef can make an option how does user want it presented?

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, chef said:

If you don't group them, does the stream start playing? 

As long as items are not grouped, virtual Top Pick items play normally (and there's standard duplication in Continue Watching row). 

8 minutes ago, chef said:

Is it because they get grouped together?

Once Auto-grouping plugin installed, it's spinning circle only.

That's the only thing I could surmise, as before grouping items play normally 9start within a second or two), upon grouping I get spinning circle only - I let it spin for two minutes.

Spegeli

2 Issues for me:

1) The Order on the Startpage are wrong.

2) There is a Move Called "X" from Year 2022. In the Plugin self the Name is correct but on the Startpage and when i click on it, there is a complete different "Movie"

Screen.png

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

12 minutes ago, Spegeli said:

2 Issues for me:

1) The Order on the Startpage are wrong.

2) There is a Move Called "X" from Year 2022. In the Plugin self the Name is correct but on the Startpage and when i click on it, there is a complete different "Movie"

Screen.png

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Oh! Interesting 🤔.

That is emby grabbing the incorrect metadata for the item.

We run a library scan and let emby identify the item, after we setup the images and virtual pointer.

I think I should be able to stop this from happening. 

Edited by chef

Spegeli

And one improvement request: Make a toggle so we can decide if we want the Top Pick Info on the Left or Right Side of the Image.

In my Case i use some Logos on the Left Side of my Images.

image.png.474cff6cb383c92f3f9900d729b92282.png

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

That's the only thing I could surmise, as before grouping items play normally 9start within a second or two), upon grouping I get spinning circle only - I let it spin for two minutes.

Hmm..

The two plugins are competing. 

I'm going to have to figure out how they are competing before I can give you a definite answer as to how this can be fixed.

Im glad we are able to narrow down where to look.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spegeli said:

And one improvement request: Make a toggle so we can decide if we want the Top Pick Info on the Left or Right Side of the Image.

Yup, I can do that.

Is it possible to not group top pick items using the other Plugin?

I might be a better use of time to work on getting duplicate items ignored in the 'Continue Watching' row (which involves feature requests to the core dev team), then attempting to side step what another developer has written.

That's just my opinion, however the top picks Plugin belongs to all of us because it is a paid plugin. 

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, chef said:

Is it possible to not group top pick items using the other Plugin?

I might be a better use of time to work on getting duplicate items ignored in the 'Continue Watching' row (which involves feature requests to the core dev team), then attempting to side step what another developer has written.

That's just my opinion, however the top picks Plugin belongs to all of us because it is a paid plugin. 

I know a lot of users have separate 4K folders/libraries (or other type libraries in minority) for access-control purposes and use Auto-grouping as it works both across folders and libraries (something that cannot be achieved otherwise by Emby core alone) in order to have multi-version dropdown in item detail view and not to have multiplication in CW row, so it's not strictly tied to Top Picks multi-versioning and IMHO there should be a way to have plugins co-exist.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Spegeli said:

There is now an option to turn those off.

• Like 1

I'm adding this option to the configuration settings.

You will have the opportunity to choose the movie library to create top picks from.

This will fix another issue  where some adult content was find it's way into the library as well. 👍

top_picks_fix.png.0a8d7e7ff3d9fa12a2679b7a681dcccf.png

Some people will have multiple entries listed in the select box, some will have only one.

But I still am unsure about what will happen when you group  items across libraries together.

I'm not really not even sure how the auto-group plugin is doing that.

This might be the best I can do.

Edited by chef
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play

May have to test but I can see how Automatic grouping could be an issue with channels as it groups items with the same providerids.

But don't know the exeptions as I don't believe it affects trailers.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

May have to test but I can see how Automatic grouping could be an issue with channels as it groups items with the same providerids.

Interesting.

Is that how this auto-group plugin is doing it's work?

It will just group items automatically without any kind of filter or configuration?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, chef said:

Interesting.

Is that how this auto-group plugin is doing it's work?

It will just group items automatically without any kind of filter or configuration?

To my knowledge yes so you can have media anywhere without a specific naming scheme and be able to have it group automatically.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Just tested on New Releases and it gets grouped, so would expect it will happen in all of your channels.  But can say the Trailers Channel does not have this behavior so will guess there is a Type exception.

At the same time both versions link back to the same path so no sure why playback would be an issue unless Top Picks is doing something different.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Just tested on New Releases and it gets grouped, so would expect it will happen in all of your channels.  But can say the Trailers Channel does not have this behavior so will guess there is a Type exception.

At the same time both versions link back to the same path so no sure why playback would be an issue unless Top Picks is doing something different.

Top Picks is doing something different. It is creating an actual library with .strm files.

It was the only way to control the item flow and place them in order.

I'm still going to add this library chooser to the configuration to limit unwanted movie items from being added during a scheduled task.

Thing is, I can't control what is being grouped by the other plugin.

I'm not sure if this is a top picks problem or a group plugin problem.

I'm on the fence about this.

When the group plugin is not installed, top picks does what it is suppose to do.

Unless I purposely set providerIds to null... That might work. Then the group plugin won't have the data nesessary to work on top picks... If it is using providerIds.

😬

Edited by chef

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me? I paid the PayPal registration fee and installed the plugin, but I can't see it in my catalog.

Screenshot_2.png.af9c8b0ac4dc2ef0934e1e1809ea9177.png2109548056_TopPicks.thumb.png.dc3997498184b6588f1a03673f7bda42.png

Happy2Play

Looks like Top Picks is choking on multi-versioned items.  Will display in Channel but can not enter item.

Will have to test without plug to see if I get same results on multi-versioned items.