Top Picks support thread

chef

@Junglejim

I have released a new version this morning that I believe will fix the items being out of order on the home screen. I think. Top Picks will now create it's own .nfo file for items, if there isn't a library nfo file to parse. I hope this will fix the issue.

@LazyMonday91

User Engagement will now calculate best the best we get if the top overall items results are 0.

We first attempt to locate items that have a really high overall rating based on community/critic and user scores.

If nothing is found, then we take the highest ranked items we can get on your server specifically, and use them.

I look forward to hearing back from you guys. 

• Thanks 2

LazyMonday91

image.thumb.png.2fe246c4297eb6acf5515bf189e08ba6.png

yeah !!! Tv Show directly appear , but movie still in waiting , i disable the user Engagement , and now i 'm running a new scan media library to verify if , it need to refresh movies before ;)

Thx !!! @chef :D

LazyMonday91

ahh !!

I see a little problem , but i think it's why it is all time in waiting when on movie , it display all my list in animation movies , after scrolling the animations movies , i arrive to the top of the general list i think ..
image.thumb.png.aa382094946bc09054b1be2b46ccd1a8.png

Edited by LazyMonday91
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LazyMonday91 said:

ahh !!

I see a little problem , but i think it's why it is all time in waiting when on movie , it display all my list in animation movies , after scrolling the animations movies , i arrive to the top of the general list i think ..
image.thumb.png.aa382094946bc09054b1be2b46ccd1a8.png

Right! I had better fix that. I know what is happening there.

• Like 1

Junglejim
19 hours ago, chef said:

@Junglejim

I have released a new version this morning that I believe will fix the items being out of order on the home screen. I think. Top Picks will now create it's own .nfo file for items, if there isn't a library nfo file to parse. I hope this will fix the issue.

I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

Thanks for having a look into this but unfortunately no joy here. I started from scratch by removing all my top-pics. if I add them in order to the list everything is ok.

This is what I started with..Screenshot_2022-11-14_17-36-31.thumb.png.6bd3352125b47c181ab8191c836188b4.png

Then I moved bullet train to num1 and refreshed top-pics, as you can see bullet gets the num1 but it stays at the third position.

Screenshot_2022-11-14_17-40-39.thumb.png.7dfa57e8fa6eea3c3923bd2d1ad9d79c.png

I don't use .nfo files locally but I noticed you now store them with the top-pics data.

Sorry to be a pain. I can live without the shuffle aspect, I'll just leave it alone and remove everything and start a new list if I need to. ;) 👍

Edit: This is the nfo of bullet train and it looks ok, this was the time I moved it..

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <dateadded>11/14/2022 17:36:57</dateadded>
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
</movie>

The only thing I can see is the date format is US (11/14/2022) here in Aus we use (14/11/2022) not sure if that would make a diff? All my media has that format for date added even top-picks, this is the current metadata for (bullet train top-picks) and it doesn't match the nfo. It was yesterday that I created my current list..

Screenshot_2022-11-14_18-26-49.png.f9f84f8fdc0b9bd3a8b4555c72366a68.png

All good mate, no pressure. I'm still enjoying Top-Picks.. love it! I can live without the shuffle side of things. :)

Edited by Junglejim

5 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Thanks for having a look into this but unfortunately no joy here. I started from scratch by removing all my top-pics. if I add them in order to the list everything is ok.

This is what I started with..Screenshot_2022-11-14_17-36-31.thumb.png.6bd3352125b47c181ab8191c836188b4.png

Then I moved bullet train to num1 and refreshed top-pics, as you can see bullet gets the num1 but it stays at the third position.

Screenshot_2022-11-14_17-40-39.thumb.png.7dfa57e8fa6eea3c3923bd2d1ad9d79c.png

I don't use .nfo files locally but I noticed you now store them with the top-pics data.

Sorry to be a pain. I can live without the shuffle aspect, I'll just leave it alone and remove everything and start a new list if I need to. ;) 👍

Edit: This is the nfo of bullet train and it looks ok, this was the time I moved it..

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <dateadded>11/14/2022 17:36:57</dateadded>
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
</movie>

The only thing I can see is the date format is US (11/14/2022) here in Aus we use (14/11/2022) not sure if that would make a diff? All my media has that format for date added even top-picks, this is the current metadata for (bullet train top-picks) and it doesn't match the nfo. It was yesterday that I created my current list..

Screenshot_2022-11-14_18-26-49.png.f9f84f8fdc0b9bd3a8b4555c72366a68.png

All good mate, no pressure. I'm still enjoying Top-Picks.. love it! I can live without the shuffle side of things. :)

Okay, I'm looking into this further.

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper

Additionally, if Content type is changed to TV Shows, Virtual folder dropdown still lists only Movie-type libraries.

image.png.20151a57ebdf7b1acbd33c242830f011.png

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

Additionally, if Content type is changed to TV Shows, Virtual folder dropdown still lists only Movie-type libraries.

Could you try a page refresh and switch content type again?

I save the list to an array variable for each type, so it loads faster.

But, that might not be the best thing to do.

Edited by chef

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, chef said:

Could you try a page refresh and switch content type again?

Nope, same result. Note that Library item does change to the first TV Show/Movie and vice-versa upon each Content type change in real-time, however no combination of Content type switch and page refresh changes Virtual folder libraries listed. 

• Like 1

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

See the same as Virtual folder location: only shows Movie libraries.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Nope, same result. Note that Library item does change to the first TV Show/Movie and vice-versa upon each Content type change in real-time, however no combination of Content type switch and page refresh changes Virtual folder libraries listed. 

Yes, this needs to be fix. The virtual folder is not currently working.

I will fix it.

But, the content type does switch from. Tv to movies and back again?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
Just now, chef said:

But, the content type does switch from. Tv to movies and back again?

Yup, it always did. 

1 minute ago, chef said:

Note that Library item does change to the first TV Show/Movie and vice-versa upon each Content type change in real-time

• Like 1

@Junglejim

Looking under the Top Picks Library settings, is the Metadata Readers set to "Nfo" for you?

top_picks_metadata_readers.thumb.png.2d0811b8afb89eed427c4e96a888ac13.png

If not, set it to "Nfo", and I have made sure to add this settings as enabled for future releases of Top Picks.

If it is already set to "Nfo" please let me know :) 

Thanks so much.

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

I should have this fixed for a release I'll out out shortly.

I'm just going to double check the javascript doesn't do anything unexpected while loading the libraries. :) 

• Like 2

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, chef said:

I believe the Virtual folder option should be fixed in .27 :) 

Appears resolved in my quick test.

• Like 1

There is one thing I'm noticing when the config page loads. The saved virtual folder option isn't set in the select box.

It is definitely saved properly,  but just doesn't set the state of the select box to the saved value.

I'll fix that up.

EDIT: I see exactly why it is broken. darn. It tries to the set tv shows id.

sorry about this, I may push another release to fix that.

Edited by chef

LazyMonday91

all loading from virtual folder for me except to see all the movies of the library and seems more speeder when selecting a virtual folder for now thanks for all your work @chef ^^

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
10 hours ago, chef said:

@Junglejim

Looking under the Top Picks Library settings, is the Metadata Readers set to "Nfo" for you?

top_picks_metadata_readers.thumb.png.2d0811b8afb89eed427c4e96a888ac13.png

If not, set it to "Nfo", and I have made sure to add this settings as enabled for future releases of Top Picks.

If it is already set to "Nfo" please let me know :) 

Thanks so much.

Hi mate, I don't see that setting. 😕

Screenshot_2022-11-15_17-44-35.thumb.png.d7fb95e6ee6fe8a2e2c3f54fd8da6c76.png

I don't use nfo files so that maybe the reason?

Do I maybe have to install the nfo metadata plugin? I've never used it, does it have options (say only read)? I don't really want to create nfo files for my main library's.

Thanks for your help with this. 👍

EDIT

Thanks so much mate, the missing "nfo metadata plugin" was the key to my problem! Installed that and all good! worked out the settings for it (read/write for each lib). Working great! Fixed!! Yeah.... :)

Cheers. 🍻

Edited by Junglejim

GrimReaper
6 hours ago, chef said:

I believe the Virtual folder option should be fixed in .27 :) 

I can confirm that Virtual folders list/dropdown now changes according Content type (even though saved virtual folders isn't set in the select box, as you've said, but there's "Settings saved" toast upon selection); however, still facing same issue when selecting single movie or TV show virtual folder, getting results from all libraries/content type:

19 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Trying to get Top Picks from single movie library only, however getting results from all movie and TV shows libraries (I have 6 movies and 4 TV shows libraries). 1.0.0.26. Log attached.

image.thumb.jpeg.83c9287aeb71534321f67edce2fb9663.jpeg

image.thumb.png.42ba52938e051ba3aec54a9f61558bf3.png

embyserver-63804033012.txt 126.82 kB · 0 downloads

Got same items picked regardless of content type/virtual folder selected. New logs attached.

image.thumb.png.cf9f2b024a3a92416badf9e0b164923b.png

embyserver-Movie Virtual folder.txt

embyserver-TV Show Virtual folder.txt

3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

I can confirm that Virtual folders list/dropdown now changes according Content type (even though saved virtual folders isn't set in the select box, as you've said, but there's "Settings saved" toast upon selection); however, still facing same issue when selecting single movie or TV show virtual folder, getting results from all libraries/content type:

Got same items picked regardless of content type/virtual folder selected. New logs attached.

image.thumb.png.cf9f2b024a3a92416badf9e0b164923b.png

embyserver-Movie Virtual folder.txt 272.8 kB · 0 downloads

embyserver-TV Show Virtual folder.txt 231.23 kB · 0 downloads

I will fix that this morning. Thanks grim!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Hi mate, I don't see that setting. 😕

Screenshot_2022-11-15_17-44-35.thumb.png.d7fb95e6ee6fe8a2e2c3f54fd8da6c76.png

I don't use nfo files so that maybe the reason?

Do I maybe have to install the nfo metadata plugin? I've never used it, does it have options (say only read)? I don't really want to create nfo files for my main library's.

Thanks for your help with this. 👍

EDIT

Thanks so much mate, the missing "nfo metadata plugin" was the key to my problem! Installed that and all good! worked out the settings for it (read/write for each lib). Working great! Fixed!! Yeah.... :)

Cheers. 🍻

Does the NFO plugin not ship with emby?

Oh no, is top picks reliant on that?

Edited by chef