Top Picks support thread

chef

horstepipe
2 minutes ago, chef said:

Oh boy, complicated much 😆

But in all seriousness, that shouldn't matter because strm files can handle urls.

That being said, there is obviously something " a-miss".

I’ll try bypassing cloudflare and nginx and report back, thanks!

4 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Thanks for that, @Junglejim

@chef, is Top Picks plugin reading rating from db or from item NFO? If latter, what tags is it reading? <rating> and <criticrating> only or proper Kodi formatted node:

<ratings>
   <rating name="" max="" default="">
      <value></value>
      <votes></votes>
   </rating>
 </ratings>

?

NFO files/Movies - Official Kodi Wiki

Strange, I have tried many different items in my top picks list, and each item has the community and critic rating when it is rendered.

Looking in the NFO file the ratings do get serialized from the original library file. With the following tags.

This is how emby seems to handle them in the nfo file.

<rating>6.5</rating>
 <criticrating>84</criticrating>

1 hour ago, PuffyToesToo said:

TV series seems to be posting each episode of a series as a separate 'Top Pick'.  Am I doing something incorrectly?

tp.JPG

I'll need a log.

What happens when you refresh the page, after the library refresh finishes?

21 hours ago, woenk said:

hmmmm....recommending a series produces "No playable items found....." 

Running on V4.8.0.17 ...might this be an issue with the beta?

@woenk

Please try running a library refresh (not the top picks update, but the emby library refresh), and see if top picks renders itself properly.

If it doesn't then I have a theory:

Top picks wasn't able to copy external subtitle files from the library, to the top picks folder on your machine.

Does this mean that there maybe an access issue?

Perhaps the top-picks folder doesn't have rights to point back to the library folder, and play the media?

I'll need some more information,  we where able to access,  read and serialize the nfo files from the library folder, which  makes this a little confusing.

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, chef said:

Looking in the NFO file the ratings do get serialized from the original library file. With the following tags.

This is how emby seems to handle them in the nfo file.

<rating>6.5</rating>
 <criticrating>84</criticrating>

Yes, that's how's Emby writing (and reading them) them; however, those ain't official Kodi tags and Emby has been reading <ratings> node for few years now:

<ratings>
      <value></value>
      <votes></votes>
   </rating>
 </ratings>

Few related topics:

NFO Critic Rating Question - General/Windows - Emby Community

Local nfos and Rotten Tomatoes rating (critic rating) - General/Windows - Emby Community

Updated .nfo ratings format - Feature Requests - Emby Community

ALL my (and number of users') NFOs are externally-made and contain such rating node. Could that one be read as well - or at least copied from db entry for original library item?

Black Adam (2022).nfo

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Yes, that's how's Emby writing (and reading them) them; however, those ain't official Kodi tags and Emby has been reading <ratings> node for few years now:

<ratings>
      <value></value>
      <votes></votes>
   </rating>
 </ratings>

Few related topics:

NFO Critic Rating Question - General/Windows - Emby Community

Local nfos and Rotten Tomatoes rating (critic rating) - General/Windows - Emby Community

Updated .nfo ratings format - Feature Requests - Emby Community

ALL my (and number of users') NFOs are externally-made and contain such rating node. Could that one be read as well - or at least copied from db entry for original library item?

Black Adam (2022).nfo 17.78 kB · 0 downloads

I'm trying this right now.

I've just gotta see how the extra types work when serializing the XML.

I'll be back!

EDIT: I think i've got it, but it needs to be tested against items that have those extra nodes in the nfo.

I wonder why my setup doesn't create nfos like your set up?? Your nfos contain a lot more information.

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1

@GrimReaper I pushed .29.

I've added the nodes, and it doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on nfos that don't have the rating collections.

But I'm unsure if it will serialize properly with the rating collections because my nfos don't get written that way (which is weird).

In any case, let me know if it works, otherwise I'll have try again.

Also, I will still have to add the rating collection nodes ot TV shows, because it isn't in there yet.... do tv show nfos have this as well?

EDIT: oh wait I see... tiny media manager creates them, that's why.

Cool!

So Emby honors all those nodes?

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

I have so many questions! 😆

Where does tinyMediaManager get it's top250 data from?

Is it an API accessible to the public? 

That opens quite a few doors and possibilities if top pick data is available from providers.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Rotten Tomatoes (unless we are talking about the Audience scores. I believe those... just don't really believe the critic scores... personally... LOL!)

• Like 1

GrimReaper
22 minutes ago, chef said:

In any case, let me know if it works, otherwise I'll have try again.

Nice one, both Community and Critics ratings get picked up (my Emby installation is strictly externally-made NFO/artwork-driven - completely "offline", i.e. ALL internal scrapers disabled everywhere). 👍

Also, I will still have to add the rating collection nodes ot TV shows, because it isn't in there yet.... do tv show nfos have this as well?

Yup, same node.

NFO files/TV shows - Official Kodi Wiki

tvshow.nfo

EDIT: oh wait I see... tiny media manager creates them, that's why.

Cool!

So Emby honors all those nodes?

Yup, it does.

15 minutes ago, chef said:

Where does tinyMediaManager get it's top250 data from?

IMDB shenanigans. ;)

Yeah, TMM is an awesome tool.

Is it an API accessible to the public? 

No API, just CLI.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Rotten Tomatoes (unless we are talking about the Audience scores. I believe those... just don't really believe the critic scores... personally... LOL!)

Me neither, some time ago tried to get Luke to accept other rating surces (Metacritic, RT audience...), no luck as of yet.

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

That's amazing work Grim! Thank you so much.

I'm going to add tv shows now, but I may wait to push the update because otherwise users are going to have to restart twice in a row.

But I have added the data thanks to you, and I'll push another update once I have figured out some of these other issues that have come up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, horstepipe said:

It is pointing to a python script running on the same machine which resolves it to a cloud link. Starting with a subdomain, like this:

https://my.subdomain.com/python.py/longlink

Okay, from my experimenting, it would seem that the strm file link must contain the file with extension.

This also means in the url that is being supplied.

If that makes sense? I hope it does.

Pointing back to an endpoint seems to stop the strm file from locating the file it is pointed to.

If you added the file extension to the end of that url... What happens? 

Bottles51

@chef movies still seem to be drawing from new releases. The problem I'm having (and maybe this is something that can be addressed in new releases) is that if the thumb art does not scan into New Releases, then the thumb does not populate for Top Pics. Not all art makes it over into new releases, sometimes taking multiple channel refreshes. this is a problem for when scheduled tasks run and you come back hours later to find missing art. Possibly a fix could be the ability to exclude library's from Top Picks.  Thanks, loving the plugins

Edited by Bottles51
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, chef said:

@woenk

Please try running a library refresh (not the top picks update, but the emby library refresh), and see if top picks renders itself properly.

If it doesn't then I have a theory:

Top picks wasn't able to copy external subtitle files from the library, to the top picks folder on your machine.

Does this mean that there maybe an access issue?

Perhaps the top-picks folder doesn't have rights to point back to the library folder, and play the media?

I'll need some more information,  we where able to access,  read and serialize the nfo files from the library folder, which  makes this a little confusing.

Question would maybe also be, where are you trying to copy it from ?

I have most subtitles with the media and not in the emby library.

Also did a chmod 777 on all the NFS shares for the VM, if there would be an problem it should affect movies as well as series, but it only affects the series.

Just updated the plugin to 1.0.0.29 and doing a metadata refresh...will see if that helps after going though a million files :D Deactivated the realtime scan in the Top Picks Library and also switched the metadata reader form xml (isn't that deprecated ?) to nfo.

IMHO something like a shareable playlist or collection should be less troublesome....all that nfo writing, copying and tag setting sounds a bit cumbersome and somehow feels wrong. Shouldn't all ratings be in the db as well as the location of the files ? If one searches for a file it does not scan the whole mediafolders and neither does the sorting do....

If one clicks on a Top Pick series or movie it should simply push you into the series/movies page, IMHO a virtual page beyond the Top Picks is not necessary

• Confused 1

Spaceboy

i still have top picks appearing in new releases and out of order and top picks itself is missing items and out of order (item 3 is last on the list off screen)

image.thumb.png.1ebe7d80bfe922fe26a02bc7e450a5c1.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

i still have top picks appearing in new releases and out of order and top picks itself is missing items and out of order (item 3 is last on the list off screen)

Need to see a log.

3 hours ago, woenk said:

Question would maybe also be, where are you trying to copy it from ?

I have most subtitles with the media and not in the emby library.

Also did a chmod 777 on all the NFS shares for the VM, if there would be an problem it should affect movies as well as series, but it only affects the series.

Just updated the plugin to 1.0.0.29 and doing a metadata refresh...will see if that helps after going though a million files :D Deactivated the realtime scan in the Top Picks Library and also switched the metadata reader form xml (isn't that deprecated ?) to nfo.

IMHO something like a shareable playlist or collection should be less troublesome....all that nfo writing, copying and tag setting sounds a bit cumbersome and somehow feels wrong. Shouldn't all ratings be in the db as well as the location of the files ? If one searches for a file it does not scan the whole mediafolders and neither does the sorting do....

If one clicks on a Top Pick series or movie it should simply push you into the series/movies page, IMHO a virtual page beyond the Top Picks is not necessary

That is strange, realtime scanning should have been disabled when the plugin created the library... 

Also, yes, use NFO, that option should have also been selected when the library was created.

I wonder shy those options were not set? In any case... Let me know how it goes. 😃

3 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

@Spaceboy I put a new releases verison 1.0.0.5 up over here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/113712-new-releases-support-thread/ in the OP.

This should ignore top picks in new releases.

I meant to do this earlier but it fell off the radar.

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, chef said:

That is strange, realtime scanning should have been disabled when the plugin created the library... 

Also, yes, use NFO, that option should have also been selected when the library was created.

I wonder shy those options were not set? In any case... Let me know how it goes. 😃

nope....still nothing....

The individual series folders as well as the seasons get created, but the season folder remain empty (I assume some .nfo and the strm are in there ? )

Since some seem to get at least some episodes in the series, could it be my folder structure ? I do not have individual season folders in the series.

embyserver.txt

edith: ok...tried it in an individual season folder in a series and it seems to work....seems like the plugin needs to find out if there are season folders in the series folders or not. 

Edited by woenk
additions
  • Like 1

horstepipe
On 11/18/2022 at 7:57 PM, chef said:If you added the file extension to the end of that url... What happens? 

That would totally break my setup unfortunately. 
But thanks for taking a look!

4 hours ago, woenk said:

The individual series folders as well as the seasons get created, but the season folder remain empty (I assume some .nfo and the strm are in there ? )

Since some seem to get at least some episodes in the series, could it be my folder structure ? I do not have individual season folders in the series.

embyserver.txt 4 MB · 0 downloads

edith: ok...tried it in an individual season folder in a series and it seems to work....seems like the plugin needs to find out if there are season folders in the series folders or not. 

I'm sorry woenk, I don't quite understand.

You add a series to the top pick list, 

run the update,

the series gets create, but when you select an episode in that series it doesn't play?

5 hours ago, woenk said:

embyserver.txt 4 MB · 0 downloads

I do t think your folder structure should matter because we are requesting data from emby's API. 

I'm about to read through the log to see what happened.

I'll be back soon.

2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

hi @chef unfortunately emby crashed overnight and H2P believes it is related to Top Picks

logs

embyserver-63804533108.txt 9.96 MB · 1 download unhandled_022970d1-068e-4904-957b-7ce851afa200.txt 608 B · 1 download

would you be able to send me the nfo for Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) - Remux-2160p