Top Picks support thread

chef

2 hours ago, chef said:

I do t think your folder structure should matter because we are requesting data from emby's API. 

I'm about to read through the log to see what happened.

I'll be back soon.

Your folder structure for the Top Picks is /series/season number and it seems you are trying to copy from the exact same structure.

If one has all episodes simply in the series folder without individual folder for each season it does not work.

31 minutes ago, woenk said:

Your folder structure for the Top Picks is /series/season number and it seems you are trying to copy from the exact same structure.

If one has all episodes simply in the series folder without individual folder for each season it does not work.

The folder structure in the actual library shouldn't  matter,  it doesn't actually read the filesystem to get structure. if that makes sense.

For example,

• It requests series data about the item you have add to your top pick list
  • Once we have the series information, we create the series location in the top-picks folder
  • Next it uses the series to query Season information. Each season gets a season folder
  • Finally, it queries each season we have found, and looks for episode data
  • Each episode found in a season gets a strm file created with its path written to it.

Please try .30 which I released this morning.  It might be an issue with writing the nfo files. 

I've written code to create custom nfo files if it can't parse the data.

Let me know how it goes.

Edited by chef

44 minutes ago, chef said:

The folder structure in the actual library shouldn't  matter,  it doesn't actually read the filesystem to get structure. if that makes sense.

For example,

• It requests series data about the item you have add to your top pick list
  • Once we have the series information, we create the series location in the top-picks folder
  • Next it uses the series to query Season information. Each season gets a season folder
  • Finally, it queries each season we have found, and looks for episode data
  • Each episode found in a season gets a strm file created with its path written to it.

Please try .30 which I released this morning.  It might be an issue with writing the nfo files. 

I've written code to create custom nfo files if it can't parse the data.

Let me know how it goes.

Nope...the moment the series does not have the episodes in a seasons folder it does not work.

38 minutes ago, woenk said:

Nope...the moment the series does not have the episodes in a seasons folder it does not work.

Ah, right! I found it!

Give me a moment and I'll fix this right up!

Thanks!

horstepipe

@chef

fyi I tested the plugin on my local test instance containing just one movie as strm with the same format - there it is working fine.

So the problem seems to be the mass of movies or cloudflare/nginx.

Will do more tests soon.

Painkiller8818

Hi,

Thanks for your great work. I am Testing your Plugin right now.

I have one question, is it normal the Top Pick is taking another Cover than the movie i have in my library?
The Black one is the movie i see in the top pics and the left one is the normal movie cover i use for this movie.

image.png.2f8e3a4eb3f3330131b6d981c6519919.png

Thanks

1 hour ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Hi,

I have one question, is it normal the Top Pick is taking another Cover than the movie i have in my library?
The Black one is the movie i see in the top pics and the left one is the normal movie cover i use for this movie.

Thanks

Cool! Thanks for checking it out painkiller! It's good to see you!

You can turn off those black "Top Pick"  tags on and off in the plugin settings if you want to... 😃

Screenshot_20221122-165914.thumb.png.becf5cd20eaca96fba90b638d1a4a7fa.png

They are just added to give some context to the item in the normal library, but they are optional.

Edited by chef

GrimReaper
Just now, chef said:

Cool! Thanks for checking it out painkiller! It's good to see you!

You can turn off those black "Top Pick"  tags on and off in the plugin settings if you want to... 😃

Screenshot_20221122-165914.thumb.png.becf5cd20eaca96fba90b638d1a4a7fa.png

They are just added to give some context to the item in the normal library, but they are optional.

I think he was referring to different posters being shown for same item. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

I think he was referring to different posters being shown for same item. 

Ah right! Thanks!

@Painkiller8818

This is most likely having to do with German naming of the item.

I did add language and culture settings to the library creation, but it looks like the library creation is polling the providers for image data, instead of finding the item in the library. That is a little strange.

Maybe I could see a log at some point when you have time. It's probably something we can fix. 

Junglejim
12 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Hi,

Thanks

Hi mate, this may sound obvious and you've probably already got it sorted.. but I find if I match the metadata settings (images/info) for the Top Picks library to match that of my main library's I usually get the same meta content for both. (not German language though.. :))

I must admit I don't use the poster images for Top Picks, so I've never run into this (I do like to sometimes go for a custom image for the main poster). ;)

Edited by Junglejim

Painkiller8818
10 hours ago, chef said:

Maybe I could see a log at some point when you have time. It's probably something we can fix. 

Is there a special log for Top Picks or do you need the server log?

Junglejim
22 minutes ago, Painkiller8818 said:

Is there a special log for Top Picks or do you need the server log?

No I don't think so, just the main log.

Painkiller8818

@chef

here is the server log

I thought the plugin will take the covers i have directly in the same folder of the movie file, i have all images in there.
This one is the only one showing another image, and it is the only one not having a number, even if i start the scan task again.

image.thumb.png.aadc1938d28e1e5d3342fbdadcd0794b.png

thanks

embyserver-63804758400.txt

Edited by Painkiller8818
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

@chef

here is the server log

I thought the plugin will take the covers i have directly in the same folder of the movie file, i have all images in there.
This one is the only one showing another image, and it is the only one not having a number, even if i start the scan task again.

image.thumb.png.aadc1938d28e1e5d3342fbdadcd0794b.png

thanks

embyserver-63804758400.txt 5.72 MB · 0 downloads

I see this.

Sometimes there will be situations where we can't locate an image.

I'm still reading the log to see if there is anything we can do.

2022-11-22 21:50:31.722 Info Top Picks: Retrieving Images from provider for Top Pick Die Unschuldigen...
2022-11-22 21:50:31.722 Error Top Picks: Image is not available.
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.9.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Painkiller\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.10
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Painkiller/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: C:\Users\Painkiller\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Painkiller\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Image is not available.
	   at Emby.TopPicks.Drawing.SpotlightImageProvider.GetImages(BaseItem item, ImageType imageType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightLibraryUpdateScheduledTask.RenderImages(Int32 rank, BaseItem libraryBaseItem, String outputFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightLibraryUpdateScheduledTask.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<<Execute>b__2>d.MoveNext()
	Source: Emby.TopPicks
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

There actually shouldn't  be an image there at all... so that is interesting.

Edited by chef

Fretawekakoep

Amazing plugin, just bought it via PayPal.

Is it btw possible to mix Movies and Tvshows or is there a way to create these two seperatly from each other?

Many thanks

Just now, Fretawekakoep said:

Amazing plugin, just bought it via PayPal.

Is it btw possible to mix Movies and Tvshows or is there a way to create these two seperatly from each other?

Many thanks

thanks for the kind words, and thanks so much for posting :) 

It might be possible in the future to create a separate library for each type.  But, it does get a little tricky.

I had originally thought about doing that way, but having them together was a quick way to fulfill the feature request.

Definitely is a possibility. 👍

• Like 1

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, chef said:

There actually shouldn't  be an image there at all... so that is interesting.

strange, everything is in the same folder

image.png.61422ca4943c92782acacc3cc486c012.png

4 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

strange, everything is in the same folder

image.png.61422ca4943c92782acacc3cc486c012.png

I see, maybe because it is called "poster.jpg". I'll look into this.

It should work with both "poster.jpg" and "folder.jpg" since we are requesting the image path from the API.

For some reason with that particular library item, the API can not find the image path, or it is null/empty even though it exists in the file system.

Is that the only item so far that has been rendered this way, killer?

Painkiller8818
1 hour ago, chef said:

Is that the only item so far that has been rendered this way, killer?

yes, i also triggered the task again but it is not changing the top picks for now, so maybe it needs more user data to recommend more/others.

The ones i set manually does all use my cover

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Painkiller8818 said:

yes, i also triggered the task again but it is not changing the top picks for now, so maybe it needs more user data to recommend more/others.

The ones i set manually does all use my cover

The engagement task most likely won't change the top picks once they are calculated.

The list isn't random (although I do like the idea of some kind of random chooser... That might be cool).

They will probably always calculate that way until a new item has enough of a score to out rank a current item, and take one of the spots. 

I find that the community scores really weigh heavily on the outcome. Which is cool... I think.

I'm going to add some code to try and fix this. The code will extend the conditions for user engagement by saying:

if we can't find a path to a primary image (for whatever reason)

and the providers are of no help in providing a primary image

then grab the next possible top pick item and skip the troublesome one. 

I'll write that in there tonight, and release something tomorrow.

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1

hmmmm....somehow new "versions" are being generated, seems like the plugin can not differntiate between the episodes according to seeans and instead thinks that each episode in a season must also be one in the other seasons :D Deleted all series from Top Picks and re-added them.....still genrates those "versions".

All done without individual season folders in the series.

edith: just noticed that Special folders get created event if there are not specials in the series folder (seems to be generated by using TVDB) Result is an empty folder.

image.png.4c8d9436880f0a63a22d46523f3eb68f.png

image.thumb.png.f56b97d7ccea369604053f98fd408865.png

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by woenk
addition

Painkiller8818

@chef
The Top Picks are not the same for all users if i understand it correct, it is basing on what a user already watched, what he liked/ set as fav

So other users will see other Top Picks because they like different movies is this correct?