Jump to content

The new update just broke my music library!


Recommended Posts

Emby just updated and it broke my music collection. The music shows but it's all out of place. Please fix this 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? The update kicks off a library scan. Have you allowed that to finish?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lukeits used to show only one album and the play button now it doesn't. It used to show all the CDs number in one neat album. For example this album was Just one folder and when you click on it it would show the main play button and all the songs listed by track number and by CD number now it doesn't Screenshot_20210519-233034.thumb.png.62bb5bbc813186d2a0823ca21b10a944.png

Screenshot_20210519-233037.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Luke I see the problem now. When I go into the album under a regular tab that is not the "folders" tab it shows up normal like it used. (That is what I want). But I always went into "folders" since it's more organized like that especially for OST for shows. But now something changed that it doesn't show up normally like it is on any other tab. Is there a way to fix this??? Is not how to a go back to a older version of Emby. Please help me since this it extremely frustrating since I put in work to had this organized and working properly.

Screenshot_20210519-234934.png

Screenshot_20210519-234939.png

Screenshot_20210519-234943.png

Screenshot_20210519-234952.png

Screenshot_20210519-234958.png

Screenshot_20210519-235002.png

Edited by 513
Link to post
Share on other sites
denz
Posted (edited)

This is a compilation and now I have 4 of them as it has separated by artist. Before the update it was a single album. If I go to folders it is not listed there so sort of opposite to the above poster.

image.png.b488de08818afe82b4259612cb1ecd36.png

 

Edited by denz
Link to post
Share on other sites
Brendon

Mine is broken too, compilation albums are all broken, also i cannot get to 'albums' at all, it's missing from the navigation menu.

2021-05-20_18-03-48.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
2 minutes ago, Brendon said:

Mine is broken too, compilation albums are all broken, also i cannot get to 'albums' at all, it's missing from the navigation menu.

2021-05-20_18-03-48.png

It will be back once a full library scan has run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars

Yes as Luke mentioned do a complete library scan and then go back and look at your music library.
Also keep in mind that one of the big upgrades in 4.6 is the way music is handled using a nearly 100% tag based approach.

What that translates to is that after a full scan, if you have albums  that don't appear correctly the FIRST thing to do is look at all tagging of the album outside of Emby using tools such as mp3tag or Picard.

From the beta process we found that many so called compilation albums are often tagged incorrectly and need a bit of love or updating of "album artists" and "artist" tags.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brendon
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Yes as Luke mentioned do a complete library scan and then go back and look at your music library.
Also keep in mind that one of the big upgrades in 4.6 is the way music is handled using a nearly 100% tag based approach.

What that translates to is that after a full scan, if you have albums  that don't appear correctly the FIRST thing to do is look at all tagging of the album outside of Emby using tools such as mp3tag or Picard.

From the beta process we found that many so called compilation albums are often tagged incorrectly and need a bit of love or updating of "album artists" and "artist" tags.

Yeah tags are perfect on my music it's something i put a lot of time into making sure is right, after a scan they have corrected, however i now have no artwork for albums, the folder.jpg is not being picked up?

2021-05-20_21-06-46.png

2021-05-20_21-08-23.png

Edited by Brendon
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ebr

Hi. Are you sure the library scan has completely finished?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brendon
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. Are you sure the library scan has completely finished?

I believe it has @ebr embyserver.txti have done a few scans on the music library now. I have attached the current log if that helps.

Edited by Brendon
Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars

I'm seeing errors in your log file like these
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.

Try shutting down Emby Server then reboot the server and restart Emby.

After it restarts do a FULL LIBRARY scan and you can watch the % as it scans your libs and will know exactly when it's finished.

Let us know how you make out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brendon
1 hour ago, cayars said:

I'm seeing errors in your log file like these
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked
    SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.

Try shutting down Emby Server then reboot the server and restart Emby.

After it restarts do a FULL LIBRARY scan and you can watch the % as it scans your libs and will know exactly when it's finished.

Let us know how you make out.

Shutdown Emby, cleared all the logs and did a reboot on the server it lives on.

Restarted Emby and ran a full library scan that has now failed twice, new log attached.

 

 

embyserver.txt

Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars

Still seeing the same errors in the log.

Could we do a remote session so I can take a look at this for you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brendon
8 minutes ago, cayars said:

Still seeing the same errors in the log.

Could we do a remote session so I can take a look at this for you?

@cayarsI really have to get some sleep right now, work in the morning and after midnight here but happy to do it tomorrow night if you're available.

In the meantime though i did another restart on the server after installing some updates, did another library scan that completed, still no love on album covers. Tried taking a group of albums out of the library and scanning, put them back, scanned again, they showed in latest but no covers. Logs from all that are attached.

 

embyserver.txt embyserver-63757152000.txt

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
cayars
1 hour ago, Brendon said:

@cayarsI really have to get some sleep right now, work in the morning and after midnight here but happy to do it tomorrow night if you're available.

Yes, send me a PM tomorrow when you're available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
11 hours ago, denz said:

This is a compilation and now I have 4 of them as it has separated by artist. Before the update it was a single album. If I go to folders it is not listed there so sort of opposite to the above poster.

image.png.b488de08818afe82b4259612cb1ecd36.png

 

@denz Take a look at the embedded tags within the audio files. If these are supposed to be the same album, then they need to be tagged consistently with the same album value as well as albumartist.

This is the big change from 4.5 to 4.6, that the embedded album tags are now used. That means that just putting tracks together in a folder doesn't make them an album anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
6 hours ago, Brendon said:

Yeah tags are perfect on my music it's something i put a lot of time into making sure is right, after a scan they have corrected, however i now have no artwork for albums, the folder.jpg is not being picked up?

2021-05-20_21-06-46.png

2021-05-20_21-08-23.png

Apologies. Our musicbrainz server has been getting hit hard following the release, and we've had to scramble and upgrade it quickly. Try refreshing the metadata on some of these albums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
12 hours ago, 513 said:

@Luke I see the problem now. When I go into the album under a regular tab that is not the "folders" tab it shows up normal like it used. (That is what I want). But I always went into "folders" since it's more organized like that especially for OST for shows. But now something changed that it doesn't show up normally like it is on any other tab. Is there a way to fix this??? Is not how to a go back to a older version of Emby. Please help me since this it extremely frustrating since I put in work to had this organized and working properly.

Screenshot_20210519-234934.png

Screenshot_20210519-234939.png

Screenshot_20210519-234943.png

Screenshot_20210519-234952.png

Screenshot_20210519-234958.png

Screenshot_20210519-235002.png

Why not use album view? Ultimately, folders are folders and albums are albums. They're not the same thing. We had to make the change in order to make our folder view an accurate folder.

Before it was more of an opinionated, special sauce folder view, and I realize that you may have gotten used to it, but it had a limitation of not being able to accurately show files by folders and we had to correct that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lukethe reason why I don't use the album tab is because is way to clutter compared to the folders how it used to be. I understand you had to make changes to make it more accurate and better. But is there a way I can make a separate tab just for that like the folders used to be?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
1 minute ago, 513 said:

@Lukethe reason why I don't use the album tab is because is way to clutter compared to the folders how it used to be. I understand you had to make changes to make it more accurate and better. But is there a way I can make a separate tab just for that like the folders used to be?

It's not so easy because the folders are not correlated with albums anymore, but what we can do is improve folder based browsing for everyone.

What about it is missing? You have the track list along with play & shuffle buttons up top.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Luke well i belive that the old folder browsing was better in the way it show all of its content in a neat way 533147684_Screenshot(244).thumb.png.65be6c033f8727ffff134274a163990f.png 

mow it just looks like this 1524195991_Screenshot(245).thumb.png.01e290fdc120913a0dd0e55196d74035.png

i get that is hard to develop such complicated programs but i wish it was possible to use the old folder viewer or just make a separated tab for it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
Just now, 513 said:

@Luke well i belive that the old folder browsing was better in the way it show all of its content in a neat way 533147684_Screenshot(244).thumb.png.65be6c033f8727ffff134274a163990f.png 

mow it just looks like this 1524195991_Screenshot(245).thumb.png.01e290fdc120913a0dd0e55196d74035.png

i get that is hard to develop such complicated programs but i wish it was possible to use the old folder viewer or just make a separated tab for it 

Try using the 3 dot menu to switch to list view. 

List view should be the default when all items in the folder are audio. I'll have to double check that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...