marcelveldt

marcelveldt

Hi - Following, Genre posters for TVshow works but not for movies, nothing major, but it worth noting, also I couldn't get the substitute to work? any suggestions?

Thanks

The genre posters work fine for me but you have to keep in mind that only english genres will be served with a matching poster image.

So for example the genre "comedy" will get the comedy poster but in my language, Dutch, it's "komedie" and the poster won't show up. There's no solution for this as far as I'm aware of.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

@marcelveldt

Is there a way to increase the text size on the TV Guide? It is quite hard to read. I can't get a screenshot right now, but compared to the guide in WMC the WMC one is much clearer. I already adjusted to show only 7 rows, but that hasn't made any noticeable difference.

Also, a minor display bug. I'm using the vertical menu, and on my TV shows using the next up widget. The images are all squished. Compared to the Movies widget which looks just fine. 

Is there a change log anywhere that you keep updated? At some point I think I'm going to want to move from the beta to the stable release now that my experimental htpc is going to take over as the main screen. I'd like to be able to keep up on what's new.

Thanks again for the great work. This is honestly one of the best Kodi skins out there, the number of customization options out of the box is just astounding. This kind of flexibility is really what the default skin should be.

Edit - one other issue I noticed last night. NetfliXBMC seems to be updating rather frequently. I'm not sure if this is an addon or skin issue. I'll get the full screen notification that its updating when I go into my local Movie or TV library. It seems to pop up randomly when I go into settings or pretty much any other screen as well. Any thoughts on what controls that? I would have expected it to only update when I go into the add-on. I do not have NetfliXMBC mode activated, and it isn't an item on my homescreen with any widgets that would need updating.

1) I have now increased the text size if you've set the guide to display 7 rows. The 9 and 12 row views are left untouched.

2) Fixed the bug with the squished images.

3) I update the log with every release to stable. Just look into addons --> skins --> titan and show the info for the log.

4) fixed the netflix updating issue, it was refreshing way too often.

Will provide a new beta with these fixes later today.

Regards,

Marcel

• Like 1

e123enitan

The genre posters work fine for me but you have to keep in mind that only english genres will be served with a matching poster image.

So for example the genre "comedy" will get the comedy poster but in my language, Dutch, it's "komedie" and the poster won't show up. There's no solution for this as far as I'm aware of.

99% of my movies collection are english, few weeks ago every was working fine, both TV/movies genres covers displayed with no issue.  

I double checked on the default Kodi confluence>Vedio > Addon>mb> Genre, the covers are there, but did not populate in Titan for movies only, it works for TVs,

Let me check my window system if same happen, it could be an issue with android, I will keep you posted.

Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan

1) I have now increased the text size if you've set the guide to display 7 rows. The 9 and 12 row views are left untouched.

2) Fixed the bug with the squished images.

3) I update the log with every release to stable. Just look into addons --> skins --> titan and show the info for the log.

4) fixed the netflix updating issue, it was refreshing way too often.

Will provide a new beta with these fixes later today.

Regards,

Marcel

Sounds great. Thank you once again for your super speedy support. 

• Like 1

e123enitan

Forget to mentioned in the earlier post, I am not certain why my system behaved wire when I turned on the animation, the rotation works initially, but as I try to play TV shows it keep loading endlessly, that I have to power off. When I restart I lost all my setting. Then I have to rebuild by MB3/Titan add-on from scratch. What do you suggest I do? Shall I try animation again, first turn on Kodi debug to capture log, what is your thought?

Thanks

marcelveldt

Forget to mentioned in the earlier post, I am not certain why my system behaved wire when I turned on the animation, the rotation works initially, but as I try to play TV shows it keep loading endlessly, that I have to power off. When I restart I lost all my setting. Then I have to rebuild by MB3/Titan add-on from scratch. What do you suggest I do? Shall I try animation again, first turn on Kodi debug to capture log, what is your thought?

Thanks

What do you mean exactly with animation ? I don't really understand the issue...

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I just tried to reproduce your issues but I can't so I think I need some more info...

Issue 1 - Hide widget backgrounds no longer seems to work and is always on meaning I try to hide the background and it stays on.

What do you mean by widget backgrounds ?

You mean the background on a per-tile base ?

What steps did you take to accomplish this ?

Which homescreen layout are you using ?

Do you know that you can completely disable section backgrounds in the skin settings ?

Please describe in more detail how you'd like to see things.

Issue 2 - All library views no longer respect "Sort Name" in the metadata.

The MB3 addon now uses the native Kodi sort methods for this, this is not done by the MB3 server or addon any more.

In order to change the sort options look in the Kodi settings and especially the "side blade menu", left key on your remove/keyboard.

For me the sort is working fine, but I might be missing something...

Issue 3 - setting a widget to none on one of my shortcuts just makes it default to TV Shows widget

Couldn't reproduce. What steps did you take to accomplish and what homescreen layout are you using ?

Issue 1 - Sorry I meant the widget panel background the area in the image circled in red

54e5234754cd7_titanss.jpg

I am getting used to it but used to be able to shut it off.

Issue 2 - Going to add images as I think it explains it better then I can typing.

Image 1 is the Kodi library view 54e52b5c2e3b0_titankodilib.jpg

Image 2 is the MB library view

54e52ba5892bd_sorting1.jpg

Image 3 is the side blade settings used in both views

54e52c0819960_titansideblade.jpg

Image 4 shows what I mean in the metadata54e52d7046aaf_mbmetadata.jpg

Issue 3 - It might be how I have my source set up still playing around with it please disregard for now.

Thanks again for your time and this skin. :)

dark_slayer

Hey again marcelveldt,

Two things I'm still noticing on the latest beta

1. Posters never seem to populate. Banners, thumbs, and folder/backdrop images are present in a variety of view types, but none of the views like "big panel" which uses the poster artwork are populating for me (though the image type is successfully being pulled into other skins like nox and xf)
  2. The number of recent items still combines played and unplayed - i.e. if you play or mark a new movie as played your "New Movies" list doesn't change it just has the same items with a new one marked as watched. Again (hope you still like the comparisons ;) ) nox and xf are pulling whatever number I specify of unplayed items

marcelveldt

Issue 1 - Sorry I meant the widget panel background the area in the image circled in red

I am getting used to it but used to be able to shut it off.

Issue 2 - Going to add images as I think it explains it better then I can typing.

Image 1 is the Kodi library view 

Image 2 is the MB library view

Image 3 is the side blade settings used in both views

Image 4 shows what I mean in the metadata

Issue 3 - It might be how I have my source set up still playing around with it please disregard for now.

Thanks again for your time and this skin. :)

First of all: I see you've changed the font of the skin. Didn't you like the default one ? :)

Issue 1 --> fixed, will provide a new beta of the skin today or tomorrow.

Issue 2 --> This is a problem in the addon (or a feature request). Currently the addon uses Kodi to sort the media but that way it ignores any sort options you've set in the MB3 library. This is not releated to the skin but to the MediaBrowser for Kodi addon itself.

@@xnappo see this issue.. Since the addon is switched to use native kodi sorting instead of MB3-serverside this issue occurs apparently. Is it possible to retrieve the movies sorted by title from the server respecting the sort options set serverside and still be able to use Kodi's sortoptions ?

marcelveldt

Hey again marcelveldt,

Two things I'm still noticing on the latest beta

1. Posters never seem to populate. Banners, thumbs, and folder/backdrop images are present in a variety of view types, but none of the views like "big panel" which uses the poster artwork are populating for me (though the image type is successfully being pulled into other skins like nox and xf)
  2. The number of recent items still combines played and unplayed - i.e. if you play or mark a new movie as played your "New Movies" list doesn't change it just has the same items with a new one marked as watched. Again (hope you still like the comparisons ;) ) nox and xf are pulling whatever number I specify of unplayed items

1. Couldn't reproduce this one. All posters how up fine here. It could be that I fixed this earlier today because I discovered a small error with the poster images when using MB3 libraries. Will provide new beta later today, please see if that fixes the issue.

2. Reproduced, small error in the MB3 addon. Fixed it and a new version of the MB3 addon will be supplied soon.

Thanks for the feedback,

Marcel

puithove

@@xnappo see this issue.. Since the addon is switched to use native kodi sorting instead of MB3-serverside this issue occurs apparently. Is it possible to retrieve the movies sorted by title from the server respecting the sort options set serverside and still be able to use Kodi's sortoptions ?

@@xnappo - Yea, I've noticed something with the sorting that I assume is related to that switch a while back - my normal movies list sorts just fine by title, but when browsing into the boxsets, I don't necessarily want them sorted by title, but by release order.  I can kinda work around that by changing the sort order to "Year" inside the boxset, but that setting is remembered by Kodi for each boxset separately on each Kodi instance.  This means for each client in the house, I have to browse to each boxset to change the sort order.

Don't know if there's a way around this or not.  If the addon is able to force sort order inside boxsets to sorting by year, that might cover most situations.

xnappo

@@xnappo - Yea, I've noticed something with the sorting that I assume is related to that switch a while back - my normal movies list sorts just fine by title, but when browsing into the boxsets, I don't necessarily want them sorted by title, but by release order.  I can kinda work around that by changing the sort order to "Year" inside the boxset, but that setting is remembered by Kodi for each boxset separately on each Kodi instance.  This means for each client in the house, I have to browse to each boxset to change the sort order.

Don't know if there's a way around this or not.  If the addon is able to force sort order inside boxsets to sorting by year, that might cover most situations.

This is definitely possible - that is what I did for handling TV episodes (just made the default more logical).  I will look at both of these this weekend.

xnappo

marcelveldt

This is definitely possible - that is what I did for handling TV episodes (just made the default more logical). I will look at both of these this weekend.

xnappo

Thanks!

e123enitan

What do you mean exactly with animation ? I don't really understand the issue...

When this function is switch on it messes my settings and movies kept spinning for a while, thus I have to log off by powering the system,

e123enitan

99% of my movies collection are english, few weeks ago every was working fine, both TV/movies genres covers displayed with no issue.  

I double checked on the default Kodi confluence>Vedio > Addon>mb> Genre, the covers are there, but did not populate in Titan for movies only, it works for TVs,

Let me check my window system if same happen, it could be an issue with android, I will keep you posted.

Cheers!

Titan No Genre Posters, nothing shows for 23 grouping, even after an hour and beyond.

From my recollection, this has always works from inception, no issue, I think after recent weeks update it stops passing the data to Titan

Screen from Kodi default confluence Genre posters, in this 23 class of Genre was created and each has own unquie poster

Titan No Genre Posters, nothing shows for 23 grouping, even after an hour and beyond.

From my recollection, this has always works from inception, no issue, I think after recent weeks update it stops passing the data to Titan

Thanks

Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

Marcel could .please remove blank, was in error, not sure why it was created

Edited by e123enitan

marcelveldt

When this function is switch on it messes my settings and movies kept spinning for a while, thus I have to log off by powering the system,

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-02-18-20-03-55.png

It is very heavy for your system. If you're on a low power device I'd recommend not to enable it.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

You're right. Now I see.... On user collections the genre posters are missing.

It does work on the "all movies" node though.

I will check the addon's code if I can see the error, if not I'll ask one of the other devs to take a look.

Something must have changed because you're right that it had always worked well before.

EDIT: couldn't figure out what's causing it to fail. I filled in a issue report that will hopefully soon be picked up.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Kodi/issues/105

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 1

e123enitan

It is very heavy for your system. If you're on a low power device I'd recommend not to enable it.

Nice one, I noted that it works well on windows, but on andriod it is resource intensive, I checked the cpu level very high, I have turned it off.

Thanks

e123enitan

You're right. Now I see.... On user collections the genre posters are missing.

It does work on the "all movies" node though.

I will check the addon's code if I can see the error, if not I'll ask one of the other devs to take a look.

Something must have changed because you're right that it had always worked well before.

EDIT: couldn't figure out what's causing it to fail. I filled in a issue report that will hopefully soon be picked up.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Kodi/issues/105

Nice, let me know when/if you need me to test.

Cheers!

First of all: I see you've changed the font of the skin. Didn't you like the default one ? :)

Issue 1 --> fixed, will provide a new beta of the skin today or tomorrow.

Issue 2 --> This is a problem in the addon (or a feature request). Currently the addon uses Kodi to sort the media but that way it ignores any sort options you've set in the MB3 library. This is not releated to the skin but to the MediaBrowser for Kodi addon itself.

LOL yeah I have just been playing around with the fonts in a bunch of my programs just to see if I like them different. :)

Awesome on issue 1. :)

On Issue 2 I think I understand what you mean but the default Kodi sorting does respect the sort names as the one picture shows I numbered them but it is a Kodi library view. Sorry I think I might not be as clear as I would like but here is the picture again of the Kodi library view respecting the Sort Name.

54e7d405aec03_titankodilib.jpg

Should I move this into the addon section instead?

Thanks again for everything :)

marcelveldt

On Issue 2 I think I understand what you mean but the default Kodi sorting does respect the sort names as the one picture shows I numbered them but it is a Kodi library view. Sorry I think I might not be as clear as I would like but here is the picture again of the Kodi library view respecting the Sort Name.

Should I move this into the addon section instead?

Thanks again for everything :)

Your issue/request about the sorting is indeed related to the mediabrowser addon for Kodi and not to the skin. That said, your issue is already on the radar of @@xnappo who is one of the core developers for the addon and he will take a look as soon as he has some time available. Just hold on a bit and it will be fixed soon.

jluce50

Forgive me if this has been addressed, I'm new to this skin (and Kodi in general). I've noticed that the youtube trailers button rarely shows up. My understanding was that the "Trailer" button will only show up if there are local trailers, but the "Youtube Trailer" button should always show up. Is this a known issue?

Your issue/request about the sorting is indeed related to the mediabrowser addon for Kodi and not to the skin. That said, your issue is already on the radar of @@xnappo who is one of the core developers for the addon and he will take a look as soon as he has some time available. Just hold on a bit and it will be fixed soon.

Thank you very much for your time and this skin again :)