embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

horstepipe
On 12/17/2020 at 9:04 AM, horstepipe said:

From what I remember about audiobooks support in E4K, Angelblue once implemented it via plugin listing, so without database sync due to the fact that Kodi's database doesn't support resume positions for audio at all. But this was removed later because of Emby's general lack of support for audiobooks. But what I tested at that time was better than nothing, resuming worked (limited by Emby server's resuming capabilities for audiobooks). So maybe it's worth to examine this approach again...?

Is this on your list quick?

quickmic

It's on the "new feature" list, but will not add in the next releases. Priority is bugfixing and push 5.x in beta status/check in to beta-repo.

t123thomas

Hi Thanks for identifying the bug and fixing it, I spotted few other issues, I am not sure if you have already  identified them and plan to fixed.

In the attached

Start up delay doesn't seem to work, when I my system start first the IPTV will load the guide which take about 10 seconds a times due to internet  network delay or remote server of the IPTV provided. Hence I set e4k to delay for 20 seconds, which should allow sufficient time for the IPTV guide to complete it refresh, BUT it appear that the delay logic is not working as it disrupt the guide process which don't allow it fully update. I varied the setting with diff timing but it seems not to work.screenshot025.thumb.png.a98aa5fe9771b37bb97ff9aea9b901a9.png

• Like 1

t123thomas

Another observation, restart kodi and add user to the session  are not working, although I dont use these features but I thought I should let you know.

screenshot027.thumb.png.e87a6e7cf40570b617b76555fb5ab7bd.png

Edited by t123thomas
  • Like 1

quickmic

I've tested -> Add permanent users. Not a real test, but the option seems to work fine. I was able to add and remove a user IF I have admin privileges. ->

What was the error msg? Maybe permanent users works differently.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

I've tested -> Add permanent users. Not a real test, but the option seems to work fine. I was able to add and remove a user IF I have admin privileges. ->

What was the error msg? Maybe permanent users works differently.

You are correct, it works for admin which is fine since its only admin that can add aditional users, I HOPE I'M CORRECT ON THAT.

Edited by t123thomas

quickmic

I'll check it anyway. Maybe it's a problem from e4k. I think I recall a similar issue in a different case.

t123thomas

Hi Thanks for identifying the bug and fixing it, I spotted few other issues, multi video stacking where a single video is split into multiple part ie part1, part2 etc, once Kodi finished playing part 1, it continues to the next part until the whole video are a played. Even thought the option is checked in Media>Videos >combine split video items.

When I play such movies with e4k it only played the first video and doesn't continued to the next.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Combine_split_video_items

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

Split video files (file stacking)

The following are default stacking extensions that can be added to file names. # can be 1 through 9 or A through D. Stacking is supported for video files (but only when each video is in its own folder as in the example below) as well as dvd and blu-ray folder structures. Split videos require all parts be in the same movie folder with no other videos present in that folder.

• part#
  • cd#
  • dvd#
  • pt#
  • disk#
  • disc#

You can also use:

• moviename#.ext

Where # can be A through D.

Examples:

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd1.mkv
\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd2.mkv

quickmic

Multipart added...But playprogress on Emby Server is wrong.

I used the stock Kodi functionality for Multiparts. Looks Emby server handels additional parts as a seperate movies. Kodi merges the segments.

Edited by quickmic

RaptorCentauri
On 12/17/2020 at 3:18 AM, quickmic said:

There was another option in 4.x "Emby play". Not sure what's good for.

Emby play is a feature that allows the selection of multi-version movies and triggering cinema mode playback while having EmbyForKodi in native mode. I use this feature myself, since I keep it in native mode so I can properly access the special features for my media. 

quickmic

I highly recomment, not using Native mode. Do you have a special usecase? I tried to cover all functions in addonmode.

Lot's of features will not be available in native mode e.g. Multivideoselestion, Trailers and now Multiparts.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Merry Christmas

New version available: https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/next-gen-ALPHA-build838.zip

Fixes:
LiveTV
Native mode sync issues
TV-Show cast not shown

New:
Multipart Videos support

Known issues:
-

Pending:
Changelog
Local Trailers
Up-Next Review

Comments:
This version requires a full DB re-sync. It will NOT trigger automatically. Please trigger manually.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

t123thomas
14 hours ago, quickmic said:

Merry Christmas

New version available: https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/next-gen-ALPHA-build838.zip

Fixes:
LiveTV
Native mode sync issues
TV-Show cast not shown

New:
Multipart Videos support

Known issues:
-

Pending:
Changelog
Local Trailers
Up-Next Review

Comments:
This version requires a full DB re-sync. It will NOT trigger automatically. Please trigger manually.

Hi Multi videos is not working kodi circled in the CD1 after it end, instead of moving to CD2

Thanks for taken care of the issue, happy holiday.

Thanks

Edited by t123thomas

t123thomas
29 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Multi videos is not working kodi circled in the CD1 after it end, instead of moving to CD2

Thanks for taken care of the issue, happy holiday.

Thanks

My bad false alarm, its working fine.

Edited by t123thomas
  • Like 1

quickmic

New version available: https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/next-gen-ALPHA-build842.zip

Fixes:
Transcode issue when selecting audiostream
Remove some dead code

New:
-

Known issues:
Multipart Video on transcoding

Pending:
Changelog
Local Trailers

Comments:
No DB update required
Please report all issues. This version is very close to declare it as beta

Edited by quickmic

Gizzmo80
On 12/17/2020 at 8:37 AM, Gizzmo80 said:

@quickmic,

were you able to reproduce the no sync issue when using „Position zurücksetzen“ ?

Like mentioned, setting a movie to watched works.

Maybe I missed it or didn‘t understand it...

But I believe your answer to this is still missing ?!

Gizzmo80

Thanks, tested with the ver839 yesterday but today the movie is still shown in Emby app on iPad.

Only to make it clear, setting it to watched works, but there is a option to reset position and that one doesn‘t get synced.

This option is very helpful if you just browse into a movie but you only want the position to be reset but the movie still as unwatched. At the moment I need to set it to watched and than to unwatched. This way it first got synced for „continue watching“ and after setting it to unwatched of course it‘s signed like I wanted it. But that are to many steps :)

• Like 1