embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

Should work on Windows 10, at the moment I have no option to test on Windows. I only have Linux systems here.

Maybe somebody else can test on Kodi19/Windows 10 for confirmation?

Edited by quickmic

23 minutes ago, quickmic said:

So local files are working or same issue?

with local works ok, with emby plugin freeze, sometimes in 1 sec other 4sec or 8secs...

i attached log

Edited by tomimc
  • Like 1

t123thomas
41 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Should work on Windows 10, at the moment I have no option to test on Windows. I only have Linux systems here.

Maybe somebody else can test on Kodi19/Windows 10 for confirmation?

Do you have specific issue that you wish evaluate on windows 10, I just tested 5.0.2 on Kodi 19, beta 2, Dec 17, 2020 no issue so far.

Let me know what need to review.

Thanks for your efforts

• Like 1

quickmic

@t123thomas

The issue from before came from a multipart video.

Is it working? Actually, if there is no runtime reported by Emby-server, the files will not be merged from Kodi. Can you please check.

Just start multipart movies and check the duration. Runtime should be total runtime of all parts.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
47 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well, the issue reported from @tomimc

Movie starts for a second, then stalls. On Stop, Kodi freezes.

movie played fully, I skipped forward and backward with no issues

• Thanks 1

t123thomas
46 minutes ago, quickmic said:

@t123thomas

The issue from before came from a multipart video.

Is it working? Actually, if there is no runtime reported by Emby-server, the files will not be merged from Kodi. Can you please check.

Just start multipart movies and check the duration. Runtime should be total runtime of all parts.

All the components of the multiple files plays fine, actually it threat the files as single file such that it seamlessly  transition from one to another until the set are  fully played.

• Thanks 1

t123thomas

--------------

Hi Am not sure what could be the cause of this, Titan Skin fails to recognized e4k 5.0.2 addon it works well until e4k842.

The short cuts allows customization of short cut backdrops,sub-menus, let me know if info that you need to troubleshoot

before 842

screenshot002.thumb.png.7f47cfff6ec4e379e5f99c872e3f5018.png

After 5.0.2 

screenshot000.thumb.png.6f2e30b993ee1e054ba1d2db0f076c75.png

ecrispy
On 10/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, quickmic said:

Yes, but there is still a major problem with kodi on Android. I'm currently looking for a workaround.

Android don't support multiprocessing for python 🙁

How about CoreElec running on cheap androidtv box, but without Android? Would it be supported?

t123thomas
1 hour ago, ecrispy said:

How about CoreElec running on cheap androidtv box, but without Android? Would it be supported?

Coreelec runs fine on amlogic, I am running CE on 905s,  make sure you have a fast SD card else  if your media files is large Kodi can be a bit slow to display fanarts

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/which-sd-card-is-better-higher-read-or-write-in-4k-benchmark/3253

Edited by t123thomas

quickmic
4 hours ago, ecrispy said:

Yes, all devices are supported as long as Kodi18+ is installed.

Kodi 17 is not supported.

17 hours ago, quickmic said:

Well, the issue reported from @tomimc

Movie starts for a second, then stalls. On Stop, Kodi freezes.

about this. my server is behind cloudflare. I just test it directly without using cloudflare and works ok. But not with cloudflare. Maybe this can help you?

quickmic

@tomimc

Seems like a redirect issue. You can try out using different commands for redirection. I used permanent redirect 301:

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/de/articles/115003011091-3xx-Umleitung

Please try different commands. Due it's trial and error, please modify following file in e4k addon:

.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/resources/lib/hooks/webservice.py

Search for (301) -> multiple locations. This is the current redirection.

Replace all of the starting with (300) if not working (302) if nor (303) all the way up to: (308).

Let me know, what is working or if none of them are working.

Edited by quickmic

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

@tomimc

Seems like a redirect issue. You can try out using different commands for redirection. I used permanent redirect 301:

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/de/articles/115003011091-3xx-Umleitung

Please try different commands. Due it's trial and error, please modify following file in e4k addon:

.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/resources/lib/hooks/webservice.py

Search for (301) -> multiple locations. This is the current redirection.

Replace all of the starting with (300) if not working (302) if nor (303) all the way up to: (308).

Let me know, what is working or if none of them are working.

Just test it, none of them are working, always get movie freeze, and when i press stop button, kodi freeze.

the only different behavior i feel is, the playback starts faster with code 302

Edited by tomimc
add
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

Weird, I think you said you are not using strm files, right?

How are the files check in to Emby-Server, if not via link.

Sorry, if this this is a stupid question but not familiar with cloudflare. Is this something like dropbox? Or more like a proxy?

If it's a proxy, is there some sort of load balancing enabled? URL redirect to different IPs? I could try to use IPs to feed Kodi instead of an URL, but actually if this is an issue, it should never worked in the past.

Edited by quickmic

16 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Weird, I think you said you are not using strm files, right?

How are the files check in to Emby-Server, if not via link.

Sorry, if this this is a stupid question but not familiar with cloudflare. Is this something like dropbox? Or more like a proxy?

If it's a proxy, is there some sort of load balancing enabled? URL redirect to different IPs? I could try to use IPs to feed Kodi instead of an URL, but actually if this is an issue, it should never worked in the past.

is like a proxy, there's no loadbalancing. Different ips, cloudflare can use different ip but when the connection is established always go with the same ip.

DiscoDuck79
4 minutes ago, tomimc said:

is like a proxy, there's no loadbalancing. Different ips, cloudflare can use different ip but when the connection is established always go with the same ip.

I'd suggest you try this

When logged into Cloudflare, select your domain --> DNS --> Change Proxy Status to DNS Only