embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

DiscoDuck79

@quickmic

Yes I do for accessing my domain. I don't use it for E4K though.

Unless I'm mistaken, in default mode it acts like a proxy. If used in DNS Only mode it's more or less like no-ip dynamic dns.

• Thanks 1

quickmic

If it is like a proxy, it reminds me of this issue:

But as mentioned, it would not explain why it's working with 4.x.

Actually 4.x also redirects URLs. In a different way, but still.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
23 hours ago, t123thomas said:

--------------

Hi Am not sure what could be the cause of this, Titan Skin fails to recognized e4k 5.0.2 addon it works well until e4k842.

The short cuts allows customization of short cut backdrops,sub-menus, let me know if info that you need to troubleshoot

before 842

screenshot002.thumb.png.7f47cfff6ec4e379e5f99c872e3f5018.png

After 5.0.2 

screenshot000.thumb.png.6f2e30b993ee1e054ba1d2db0f076c75.png

hi did U figure out the issue? between 824 to 5.0.2 Skin did not recognize 5.0.2, when restored 842 the addon was active

feerlessleadr

So one big I've found when running 5.0.2 (could be on others, but haven't tried since running a very early version) is that I can't get subtitles to start off.

Normally I have subtitles set to "forced only" in kodi settings, so that I only have subtitles show up if there are foreign parts of a show or movie that aren't in english.

When I installed this updated add-on, no matter what I do, subtitles are always displayed when starting a new show or movie, and I have to manually disable them. I have tried turning subtitles off Visa the osd, then seeing that as default for all media, and I have tried setting the default subtitles to "none" in Kodi's player settings, but they are always on when starting a new show or movie.

I have tried both in my existing profile and on a fresh profile, same results.

Let me know if you'd like me to pull a log. I'm running CoreELEC 9.2.5 (which is kodi 18.9) on an odroid N2.

Thanks

feerlessleadr
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

I assume SRT subtitles? Internal are not modified in any way by the e4k (stream mode).

Yes that's correct, srt.

feerlessleadr
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Will be fixed in next version.

Great thanks.

I've been using the latest version for the last day or so and I've encountered no other bugs. Even the upgrade from 4.x to 5.x was very smooth.

Great work!

Edited by feerlessleadr
  • Like 1

janenner

Hi, 

I've een using the 5.0.2 version an in general it's running fine. Good work! 

The only thing i missed is to play strm-files. 

Is there a Chance that this will work till the officiall release of Matrix? 

Thanksgiving and regards,

jantenner

quickmic

Seems there is something wrong with the settings file. Can you please try to delete your settings file or even better, start with a complete fresh Kodi?

janenner

Yes, I will install Kodi again and try again from scratch. 

If there will be further issues, I could send another kodi.log.

Many thanks for the quick support! 

• Like 1

quickmic

ok, I'll check.

There are till the same issues in the log:

2020-12-31 00:21:09.134 T:4947    DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (Migrate) was not found.
2020-12-31 00:21:09.134 T:4947    DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (webServerEnabled) was not found.
2020-12-31 00:21:09.134 T:4947    DEBUG <CSettingsManager>: requested setting (webServerSSL) was not found.

Are you using addon or native mode?

And what are you trying to play? Where should the strm file be redirected? Actually, I cannot event find a play command in your log.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Nevermind, I think I see the problem...

There is no filename detected... I try to fix it in the next version. Should be available by tomorrow...

janenner
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

Are you using addon or native mode?

I tried both. The result is the same. 

9 hours ago, quickmic said:

And what are you trying to play? Where should the strm file be redirected?

I'm trying to play a Amazon Prime Movie. But the same error occurs, when I'm playing content from Netflix. 

That means the redirect goes to another Kodi Addon. 

Here is an example of a strm file:

Ein Rezept für die Liebe.strm.txt

Edited by janenner

Hi. 

Firstly, congratulations for taking on this fork and continue a great job as joining together the best of Kodi and Emby.

I have installed 5.0.2 version in one of my Kodi installations to test it before replacing the 4.x in the main one. It's quite good! And very functional already!

I'm having some troubles with srt external subtitles, by the way. The original 4.x and Emby show them correctly in Kodi and Emby, but this 5.0.2 mixes their language when they are displayed in Kodi Subtitle menu, in order to choose the desired one. 

One example:

Movie.Dual.ENG.SPA.mkv

Movie.Dual.ENG.SPA.ENG.srt -> English sub. It appears correctly as English in Kodi

Movie.Dual.ENG.SPA.SPA.srt -> Spanish subtitle, but it appears in Kodi as English as well. 

Movie.Dual.ENG.SPA.FRE.srt -> French subtitle, but it appears in Kodi as English as well

Thanks! 

quickmic

@janenner

Can you please send me you MyVideos db. Seems there are special characters synced.

ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 400 for http://127.0.0.1:57578/movies/62d90cc82dad87bc21246970e77c512b/99693-5ec9394e366d327bc02c41c5c8245fb7-stream-_asin_B07PXNLQSD_mode_PlayVideo_name_Ein_Rezept_f_C3_BCr_die_Liebe_adult_0_trailer_0_selbitrate_0:

-> ":" at the end

btw, it's not good that there is no valid file extension like ".mkv", ".mp4" or "mp3" whatever. Kodi can be confused, cause not able to detect is video or audio.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
5 minutes ago, dml33 said:

Hi. 

Firstly, congratulations for taking on this fork and continue a great job as joining together the best of Kodi and Emby.

I have installed 5.0.2 version in one of my Kodi installations to test it before replacing the 4.x in the main one. It's quite good! And very functional already!

I'm having some troubles with srt external subtitles, by the way. The original 4.x and Emby show them correctly in Kodi and Emby, but this 5.0.2 mixes their language when they are displayed in Kodi Subtitle menu, in order to choose the desired one. 

One example:

Movie.Dual.ENG.SPA.mkv

Movie.Dual.ENG.SPA.ENG.srt -> English sub. It appears correctly as English in Kodi

Movie.Dual.ENG.SPA.SPA.srt -> Spanish subtitle, but it appears in Kodi as English as well. 

Movie.Dual.ENG.SPA.FRE.srt -> French subtitle, but it appears in Kodi as English as well

Thanks! 

Yes, index is wrong. I'll upload a new version in the next minutes...

quickmic

New Version available:

https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.1.1.zip

Fixes:
SRT subtitles default disabled
SRT subtitles Index wrong
Fixes in migration Wizard

New:
Clean folder structure

Known issues:
Multiserver not working
Windows native mode -> smb issue
strm file special charecters issue

General:
No DB re-sync required.
Due to complete new file/folder system, I hope I haven't broken anything.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic
On 12/29/2020 at 12:46 AM, t123thomas said:

--------------

Hi Am not sure what could be the cause of this, Titan Skin fails to recognized e4k 5.0.2 addon it works well until e4k842.

The short cuts allows customization of short cut backdrops,sub-menus, let me know if info that you need to troubleshoot

before 842

screenshot002.thumb.png.7f47cfff6ec4e379e5f99c872e3f5018.png

After 5.0.2 

screenshot000.thumb.png.6f2e30b993ee1e054ba1d2db0f076c75.png

This happens, due to rename the addon from plugin.video.emby to plugin.video.emby-next-gen

The Skin needs an update...