embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
On 12/10/2020 at 6:05 PM, TobyTentakel said:

Music syncing is still not working with the latest alpha, right? As that is also why I can't use the old E4K 4.x at the moment (my music library is too big).

I haven't forgot about the memory issue 😉 Currently I'm working on code optimization. Maybe it's already fixed in the next release even if it's not directly addressing the specific issue.

But generally music sync should work.

btw, how many Songs do you have? I'm syncing my music library with 340.000 Songs with no issue, but yes. I have to enable swap (acctually zram compression) on devices below 2GB.

btw, browsing threw large libraries is very tricky due to Kodi design (imho design flaws). You need a smart approach to get it working in Kodi.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213737

I tried to confince Kodi devs to redesign their playlists etc. Also provided them some patches to test, but never got positive feedback.

This was my approch to load playlists in the background -> https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AH6jJfGLy6x5z3o&cid=B9F84C0D80C8BAC0&id=B9F84C0D80C8BAC0!123&parId=root&action=locate

Edited by quickmic

TobyTentakel
30 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I haven't forgot about the memory issue 😉 Currently I'm working on code optimization. Maybe it's already fixed in the next release even if it's not directly addressing the specific issue.

But generally music sync should work.

btw, how many Songs do you have? I'm syncing my music library with 340.000 Songs with no issue, but yes. I have to enable swap (acctually zram compression) on devices below 2GB.

I have about 2 million songs, but stopped putting them into Emby around 400.000, as I tag and validate each file separately and mostly manually :)

The main issue with E4K (at least the old version) as I said is memory and speed, and I know you know that ;) . But I always had other strange problems when syncing libraries using E4K after a certain number of files in Emby. For example, I have separate libraries in Emby for movies, TV, music, audiobooks, etc., and the files are stored in different folders, sometimes even disks. But when syncing e.g. with E4K the movie library to Kodi, it picks up stuff from the other libraries (e.g. music as well), which is really weird.

In Kodi, I always play music by selecting/searching an album, haven't experienced any significant delays in this, but thanks for the links.

• Like 1

TobyTentakel

I have installed/upgraded to E4K alpha build 621 now (build 622 for some reason won't install). I've reset the local database and started a sync, which has been running for 7 hours now (and is at 15% at the moment). Let's see how this goes 😊.

quickmic

Well it should work, but the mem issues are not tackled yet. I'll release a new version tomorrow.

No DB changes will be required for new version, so if sync works, you can keep it.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

TobyTentakel
13 hours ago, quickmic said:

Well it should work, but the mem issues are not tackled yet. I'll release a new version tomorrow.

No DB changes will be required for new version, so if sync works, you can keep it.

Right now it is still syncing (although displaying wrong info at the top, e.g. "Synchronizing 'Sampler'..."  but then showing lots of artists and tracks in the line below that are definitely not in the "Sampler" library. I'll check if it has finished tomorrow morning and report. :)

Edited by TobyTentakel
  • Like 1

quickmic

Yes, please send me a snapshot of the logs. Currently I'm performing final tests for the next release. I hope the mem issues will be fixed.

I modified a million things under the hood. Mostly changed lot's of code to class basis and removed lot's of crap from player.

Currently my test sync seems to be mem stable.

rapteev

Hi

STRM files do not play on latest 5.0.0 (622) version.

Using kodi 18.9 on nvidia shield.
Emby server on Windows server or running on Nvidia gives same results (strm do not play on kodi using e4k 5.0.0)

Thank you for your work 

TobyTentakel
14 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, please send me a snapshot of the logs. Currently I'm performing final tests for the next release. I hope the mem issues will be fixed.

I modified a million things under the hood. Mostly changed lot's of code to class basis and removed lot's of crap from player.

Currently my test sync seems to be mem stable.

Scan completed in 14 hours - which is pretty good, as usually it takes several days, not sure if that was already because of your changes. :)

I also have my Kodi and Emby logs from the process (only info, no debug, the files are already > 500MB).

After the sync, the Kodi libraries were still empty, but when I opened the E4K addon and browsed my library there, then went back to the main Kodi menu, the library started populating. However, none of my files play. :(
2020-12-13 10:49:57.774 T:1027289312   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for http://127.0.0.1:57578/movies/1173335-ba34ecb173a33d3f59337ba578b25061-757806-stream-The_13th_Warrior__1999_.avi:
2020-12-13 10:49:57.774 T:1027289312   ERROR: Open - failed to open source <http://127.0.0.1:57578/movies/1173335-ba34ecb173a33d3f59337ba578b25061-757806-stream-The_13th_Warrior__1999_.avi>
2020-12-13 10:49:57.775 T:1027289312   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [http://127.0.0.1:57578/movies/1173335-ba34ecb173a33d3f59337ba578b25061-757806-stream-The_13th_Warrior__1999_.avi]

It seems it wants to load from 127.0.0.1, not from the server. Could this be because the 4.x version of the addon was set to direct path instead of addon playback mode, and this is not yet supported in your new addon?

quickmic

Native is not supported yet, but actually it should work via http stream. Are all movies not playing? Always the same log msg? Are there error msgs in the log beside the failed to open source?

Edited by quickmic

TobyTentakel
29 minutes ago, quickmic said:

And what kind of movies are they? strm files? Can I send you a debug version?

These are all mp4/mkv/avi files on the server, no strm. I will test your debug version in a minute.

• Like 1

During the night my MiBox S just synced about 1100 movies and 23k episodes at once without issues using latest stable Kodi 18.9 (I think) and latest alpha build (622).

Definitely a step forward as I had issues syncing that much items at once with the E4K 4.xx

Thanks quickmix! 🙂

TobyTentakel

My sync also worked with 300.000+ media files, very happy about that.

Only thing not working for me now is subtitle display during playback of movies (which used to work before), but I hope that is easily fixable.

Good work so far, quickmix!

Edited by TobyTentakel

quickmic

New version available:

https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/next-gen-ALPHA-build730.zip

Fixes:

Remote control Kodi via EmbyUI is working again

Media Themes are working

...and lot's of code optimization

Known issues:

LiveTV not working in certain conditions

Pending:

Changelog

Native mode

Update from 4.x tests

Local Trailers

SRT Subtitle tests

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 3

feerlessleadr
On 12/7/2020 at 1:02 AM, quickmic said:

I never used that function, but I tested here on Kodi 18 and 19. TV Information is shown, if I select a Episode via Widget. If I select via list, it's directly played.

Was it ever different? I'm quite sure, this in not coming from e4k plugin.

Thanks for the hard work in this. Would you recommend holding off upgrading to this on a daily driver TV (ie what my wife uses)? Or is this pretty much stable? 

The features that are either broken or in progress in your post are things we don't use (just sync movies and tv shows via add-on mode and watch).

Thanks!

quickmic

Well, if you just use the common functions, nothing exotic it should work very stable.

You can also try on a non critical device/PC.

Most important is a full backup of your current configuration.

t123thomas
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available:

https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/next-gen-ALPHA-build730.zip

Fixes:

Remote control Kodi via EmbyUI is working again

Media Themes are working

...and lot's of code optimization

Known issues:

LiveTV not working in certain conditions

Pending:

Changelog

Native mode

Update from 4.x tests

Local Trailers

SRT Subtitle tests

Hi Thanks for all your efforts, I am currently 622, to upgrade to the latest version do you suggest that I rebuild the DB or just overlay the new version.

Cheers!

quickmic

You can keep the DB from 622.

btw, in 730 is a bug. The play progress is wrong set if you push stop. I'll fix it soon.

rapteev

Hi

Have you got the time to look at strm files or are already fixed on this latest update 

thank you

PS: For me the latest version that play strm files it’s 4.1.21

Edited by rapteev

quickmic

strm should work. Do you still have issues?

About repo: It will be checked in as soon it's in beta state.

• Like 1

quickmic

Please, disable autoplay next in Kodi. Seems you playlist takes too long to init which stalled the websocket. I assume is has nothing to to with the strm content.

Edited by quickmic