embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

@t123thomas

I tested Multipart again. There are still issues. It's not always working correctly. I try to optimize multipart...

And there is a problem on multipart video if Trailers are enabled.

Edited by quickmic

clarkss12

Late to the table, but started testing yesterday, and very pleased so far.  I run the original Emby addon with the Embruary skin on all my devices, pure heaven.

Only tried on a Windows machine so far, but will start testing on more devices.

• Like 1

t123thomas
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

@t123thomas

I tested Multipart again. There are still issues. It's not always working correctly. I try to optimize multipart...

And there is a problem on multipart video if Trailers are enabled.

Multipart works flawless on my  testing, however, I don't store trailers so that could make a diff on your testings.

• Like 1

quickmic

Well, the problem with multipart is:

The so called "stackedtimes" (in KodiDB) are generated during first start of a multipart video from Kodi itself. Stackedtimes includes the runtime of each part.

If, for some reason (I assume based on the container format and HTTP queries) Kodi cannot detect the runtime, it's not working.

I try to generate the stackedtimes during DB sync, which should solve the issue, but yes. Most times it works.

The other problem when transcoding: Same Audiostream/Subtitle-selection should be used for all parts.

Trailers should not be played prior each part if trailers enabled.

Edited by quickmic

BlueMax1916

Hi,

I like your work on Emby For Kodi and I would like to support with some feedback.

Currently I am experimenting with a Kodi 19 setup which is the same I am running as my Kodi 18 setup successfully for more than a  year now. I have portable Kodi 18.9 with Emby for Kodi 4.0.1.22 (native mode) on my Windows 10 clients and an Emby Server 4.5.4.0 on my server PC running Wndows 10 Pro. This is working flawlessly and I tried the same with a fresh 'install' of portable Kodi 19.0 Beta 2 with the same AddOns (the new versions for Kodi 19) as my portable Kodi 18.9. Unforunately Kodi For Emby 5.0.0 has some problems with my setup. I know it is in alpha stage.

Movies whose titles (not the folder- or filenames) are starting with '...' or a number have troubles during import. Then I have a problem with starting video files. The first time I get a warning. The second time I try the same video file it works. Also music from my music collection does not play when I start it. Needless to say that it works without troubles with my 'productive' setup with Kodi 18.9.

I attach some logs and screenshots. Maybe you can see what the problem is.

Cheers

Blue Max

20201226-001526 - Kodi 19.0 B2 + Emby 5.0.0 Build 842 - Screenshots.7z 20201226-001526 - Kodi 19.0 B2 + Emby 5.0.0 Build 842 - Logs.7z

quickmic

To all Testers:

Thanks for your efforts and reports, much appreciated! Next-gen-ALPHA-build842 will be the first beta version as long as you don't report showstoppers in the next 2 or 3 days.
I'm still working on smaller bugfixes but Next-gen-ALPHA-build842 is tested on in multiple devices in multiple configurations:
Addon-Mode Kodi 18: amd64 (linux), Libreelec, osmc
Native Mode Kodi 18: amd64 (linux), osmc
Addon-Mode Kodi 19: amd64(linux)
Native Mode Kodi 19: amd64 (linux)

I have to make a cut somewhere to release a beta and I think Next-gen-ALPHA-build842 is a good start.

All pending issues will be fixed in the next releases...
Actually, I have already a new version in the pipeline but testing takes days/weeks. Next-gen-ALPHA-build842 went through all my tests and is stable according to many tests performed.

So, once again, thank you for your efforts and keep reporting issues.

As a precaution, I'll relabel the addon ID.

REPORT SHOWSTOPPERS IMMEDIATELY!!

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

@BlueMax1916

According to your logs, seems there is a a path issue in Windows.

I recommend, addon mode, but yes it should work also in native mode.

I'll investigate....

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

@BlueMax1916

Is the path correct, and can you access the file via Windows explorer?

\\192.168.113.9\Diskothek_Musik\Rock\AC-DC\[1980] Back In Black (Remaster) (Hard Rock AUS 2003 FLAC 896 kbs CD)\AC-DC - Back In Black (1980) (2003 Remaster) - 02 Shoot To Thrill (Album Version).flac

BlueMax1916

Hi,

yes sure, it is correct. I can access this and all my other music and video files via Kodi 18.9 and Emby For Kodi 4.1.22 in Native Mode without troubles with Emby Server >4.0. It did work this way with all Kodi versions back to when I started with Kodi 17.3 and all earlier Emby For Kodi versions.

FYI 'Diskothek_Musik' is a Windows Share.

Emby For Kodi is running with Native Mode and all Shares are defined in Emby Server as network paths via the defined shares. Each user has the right to read the shares.

Cheers

Blue Max

Edited by BlueMax1916
Additional info added.
  • Like 1

quickmic
On 12/25/2020 at 11:04 AM, Gizzmo80 said:

Thanks, tested with the ver839 yesterday but today the movie is still shown in Emby app on iPad.

Only to make it clear, setting it to watched works, but there is a option to reset position and that one doesn‘t get synced.

This option is very helpful if you just browse into a movie but you only want the position to be reset but the movie still as unwatched. At the moment I need to set it to watched and than to unwatched. This way it first got synced for „continue watching“ and after setting it to unwatched of course it‘s signed like I wanted it. But that are to many steps :)

I see the problem. Unfortunately, I receive no event (callback) from Kodi on trigger.... Still searching, but doesn't look good  😞

Edited by quickmic

TobyTentakel

Latest build aborted the sync after 4 days, saying there was a problem. All Kodi libraries are empty then, a restart doesn't trigger a continuation of the sync. Kodi log just says full sync terminated unexpectedly, but no reference to a specific file. I will investigate further...

Edited by TobyTentakel

Gizzmo80
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I see the problem. Unfortunately, I receive no event (callback) from Kodi on trigger.... Still searching, but doesn't look good  😞

OK if I understand it correctly you don’t get the trigger that the user set this option, right?

So, is there a possibility to do a sync every 15/30/60 min to get them synced to the server?

quickmic

1. Yes, usually, Kodi reports all events to e4k so that I can initiate progress updates or whatever...

2. Yes would be possible, but this would require a comparison between Emby server state and Kodi state. That's very ugly... I see what I can do...

I had problems with Emby for Kodi 4.1.21/22 on the latest Kodi build. When trying to connect to my server nothing happened when I pressed the connect button. Turns out the issue was the letter Å which is in my domain. The only way around it was to use punycode representation for it.

Edited by Alfsvag

quickmic

New Version available:

https://kodi.emby.media/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.0.0.zip

Fixes:

Multiple smaller fixes in native mode

Stackedvideo (Kodi DB) is reloaded while sync

Multiple code optimaziation

Additional memory leak fixes.

New:

Multipart video support for native mode

Migration from 4.x improved.

Relabel plugin to Emby-next-gen

Better performance on playlists

General:

I started to add this version in beta repo but not working yet for some reason. No DB re-sync required.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Thanks, looks I forget the runtimeticks check when loading additional parts. I'll Upload a new version in a few minutes...

This is the first time im testing plugin with kodi19 beta2, and last emby plugin. When i start to play a movie, starts ok but only a second and then freeze, then i press stop button and kodi freeze too. is a fresh install

quickmic
3 minutes ago, tomimc said:

This is the first time im testing plugin with kodi19 beta2, and last emby plugin. When i start to play a movie, starts ok but only a second and then freeze, then i press stop button and kodi freeze too. is a fresh install

This sounds more like an Kodi issue. Do you have a log?

Which device are you using and which mode? Addon or native?

Edited by quickmic