embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

rapteev

Hi

I don’t have autoplay enabled.

Yeah do not have nothing to do with the strm files,  because the same files play just fine on E4K 4.1.21

Edited by rapteev

quickmic

The request looks perfect:

OpenFile: http://127.0.0.1:57578/movies/43982-3b4eb47b3a3ec9874bbcd66d0878965f-stream-The.Hobbit.The.Battle.of.the.Five.Armies.2014.EXTENDED.2160p.BluRay.h265-SMAHAWUG.mkv

This tells me, the strm files is not the problem. Can I send you a debug version?

Gizzmo80

Hi,

if I reset the playprogress within KODI the movie will disappear in the continue watching section.

But it will not be synced with the Emby server, so there it stays in this section. 

Could this be synced too or is this a KODI only thing?

quickmic
1 hour ago, Gizzmo80 said:

Hi,

if I reset the playprogress within KODI the movie will disappear in the continue watching section.

But it will not be synced with the Emby server, so there it stays in this section. 

Could this be synced too or is this a KODI only thing?

I've just check, it's already working. Have you verified with the same user account you used on e4k on emby server?

Edited by quickmic

Gizzmo80

Hmm, yes I use only one user. But I did it 8 hours ago and the movie is still shown in continue watching in my Emby app on iPad.

I had that issue before with KODI 18.x and the embyforkodi 4.x.

It‘s working if I set the movie first unwatched > shown in continue watching and than watched it will be synced, but only reset playtime doesn‘t seem to work. Did you check this with KODI 19 or 18? Could it be different on my Shield?

Edit:

Oh, I didn‘t read your last post fully :)  Not this, this works. There is an other option, I think in German it‘s „Position zurücksetzten“ or similar. I often watch movies again or play some scenes for testing. After that this option is faster than mark it un- and than again watched.

Edited by Gizzmo80

Your work is very much appreciated. Good to see such active development on Emby for Kodi!

Now we just need a repository to get the updates automatically 😀

feerlessleadr
6 minutes ago, Kocane said:

Your work is very much appreciated. Good to see such active development on Emby for Kodi!

Now we just need a repository to get the updates automatically 😀

he mentioned that once the addon hits beta state, he'll upload it to the beta emby reop - feels like we're getting close though!

Sure, I'll wait for whatever quickmic does 🙂

I'm getting an exception that I haven't experience with version 4 though. I've tried uninstalling all Emby related addons and install the 5.0.0 zip alone and as it shows me the login prompt it also shows me that there's an error, which I can check in the log:

2020-12-15 21:20:52.237 T:2290615152   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: name 'entrypoint' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 36, in <module>
                                                imp.reload(entrypoint.service)
                                            NameError: name 'entrypoint' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-12-15 21:20:52.337 T:2290615152 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(8, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6DialogE,N14PythonBindings31XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_DirectorE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6DialogE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6DialogE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N14PythonBindings30XBMCAddon_xbmc_Player_DirectorE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6DialogE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N14PythonBindings42XBMCAddon_xbmcgui_WindowXMLDialog_DirectorE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE

quickmic

Seems there went something wrong while installation. I haven't tested migration from 4.x to 5.x yet, so probably there are some issues.

It should be fixed by the next update. Currently I recommend, wipe the kodi userfolder before you install 5.x

btw, that's one of the reasons, why it's not in the beta repo yet.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

Has someone tested the next up functionality with 5.x. Seems the next up plugin is not migrated to Kodi 19 yet, and I haven't tested next up with Kodi 18.

Edited by quickmic

Gizzmo80

Honestly I think I never used it but had installed it :)

And I believe I was able to install it on my KODI 19 installation. Will check what it does and if it‘s working asap...

TobyTentakel

Are audiobooks libraries supposed to sync with E4K to Kodi? Can't remember if the 4.x version could, as up to recently my audiobooks library was set to "music" as the library type (and did therefore sync properly) but I did now create a new library in Emby with proper "audiobooks" type, however this one does not seem to sync with Kodi. Is that intentional or a bug?

Gizzmo80

So, checked next up addon. The popup appears but when I select play now KODI will crash and gets closed. The Shield mainmenu appears. Not shure if it is a Shield, up next addon, embyforkodi or even KODI 19 issue.

• Like 1

jachin99

Up next is also iffy for me on the shield pro.  Sometimes it plays thext video after a delay and other times kodi just kinda freezes

• Like 1

quickmic

Thank you both for testing. I'll have a look at it and is it correct, there is a version for Kodi 19 available?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
10 hours ago, TobyTentakel said:

Are audiobooks libraries supposed to sync with E4K to Kodi? Can't remember if the 4.x version could, as up to recently my audiobooks library was set to "music" as the library type (and did therefore sync properly) but I did now create a new library in Emby with proper "audiobooks" type, however this one does not seem to sync with Kodi. Is that intentional or a bug?

No, wasn't supported in 4.x and isn't in 5.x.

If Kodi supports Audiobooks native, it should not be that hard to sync it too. I put it on the todo list, but for now I leave it as it is.

Currently I'm stabilizing the alpha version bringing it to a beta state and check it in to repo.

I'll release a new version in the next days for final alpha tests. My target date is beta repo check in before Xmas, but depends on the final tests...

• Like 1

Gizzmo80

@quickmic,

were you able to reproduce the no sync issue when using „Position zurücksetzen“ ?

Like mentioned, setting a movie to watched works.

TobyTentakel
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

No, wasn't supported in 4.x and isn't in 5.x.

If Kodi supports Audiobooks native, it should not be that hard to sync it too. I put it on the todo list, but for now I leave it as it is.

Currently I'm stabilizing the alpha version bringing it to a beta state and check it in to repo.

I'll release a new version in the next days for final alpha tests. My target date is beta repo check in before Xmas, but depends on the final tests...

Thanks for the info, I will then create a new library with type "music" in Emby and put my audiobooks there so I can sync them for Kodi. I never saw any difference between these two library types in practical use anyway!

Looking forward to testing the new version once it is ready. At the moment, I can only use the debug version you sent me, the build afterwards (735 I think) just stalls and I can't play files (no entries in log).

• Like 1

quickmic

fyi, next version will requrie a complete database resync. I had to add addition info in the DB to get srt subtitles working.

• Like 1

horstepipe

From what I remember about audiobooks support in E4K, Angelblue once implemented it via plugin listing, so without database sync due to the fact that Kodi's database doesn't support resume positions for audio at all. But this was removed later because of Emby's general lack of support for audiobooks. But what I tested at that time was better than nothing, resuming worked (limited by Emby server's resuming capabilities for audiobooks). So maybe it's worth to examine this approach again...?

• Like 1