embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
12 hours ago, t123thomas said:

several others settings that where broken

Please name one broken feature and I'll have a look. Actually, the three modification I posted should be enough to fix the skin. Maybe I something, but could also be a issue in the e4k plugin.

BlueMax1916
9 hours ago, t123thomas said:

There U Go Next Gen are located in this URL- There is 5.1.2 therein.

http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/multi-repo/beta-leia/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/

All repos are here for as side load

http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/multi-repo/

Hi,

thank you. As I am on Matrix i did not think about the Leia Repository. The Kodi Emby Beta Rpeository does not show the E4K Addon in Matrix either.

Cheers

Blue Max

Gizzmo80

Hmm, I am on Matrix too and I found it in Kodi Emby Beta Rpeository. Pretty shure I installed the Beta rep from KODI Matrix and found this addon in the video section...

quickmic

It's checked in in Leia, which means Leia or higher. Kodi 18+

Edited by quickmic

BlueMax1916

Hi,

something was fishy. I only saw the EmbyCon Addon in the Kodi Emby Beta Addon Repository. I have deleted the E4K Addon as well as the repository. Then I added the repository again and then I could choose the Emby-Next-Gen Addon.

Cheers

Blue Max

t123thomas
12 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please name one broken feature and I'll have a look. Actually, the three modification I posted should be enough to fix the skin. Maybe I something, but could also be a issue in the e4k plugin.

Before the change in name, when I select a menu from the smart shortcut all the submenu attributed to that particular node, will automatically appeared, such as newly added, Unwatched, watched in progress etc as it's listed in E4K are listed. So, I think there is additional script in the skin that need to be change fir the submenu to display.

Thanks for looking into this.

Edited by t123thomas
  • Like 1

quickmic
On 1/2/2021 at 2:00 AM, Kocane said:

Sorry if this has been brought up, but is there something with this nextgen emby that changes the way subtitle names are displayed?

What before was shown as "Danish" and "English" now looks like this:

image.png.3f554a15464e48b834734013d6648a03.png

It makes for subtitle toggling with a button very slow (as it MUST scroll thru the entire name).

I'm on version 5.1.2

I've checked, looks ok here.

Can you please send me a subtitle.

subtitle1.png

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
21 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Before the change in name, when I select a menu from the smart shortcut all the submenu attributed to that particular node, will automatically appeared, such as newly added, Unwatched, watched in progress etc as it's listed in E4K are listed. So, I think there is additional script in the skin that need to be change fir the submenu to display.

Thanks for looking into this.

I tested the skin again. Actually, I think you are mixing the Toggle-Button (smart shotcuts) with user defined menu options. Or please explain, what you mean with "when I select a menu from the smart shortcut"?

The description of the shortcut toggle button is about artwork, that's why I think you mean user defined shortcuts. If yes, you have to modify them in the Skin menu. This has nothing todo with the source-code.

quickmic
On 1/3/2021 at 1:25 PM, BlueMax1916 said:

Hi,

something was fishy. I only saw the EmbyCon Addon in the Kodi Emby Beta Addon Repository. I have deleted the E4K Addon as well as the repository. Then I added the repository again and then I could choose the Emby-Next-Gen Addon.

Cheers

Blue Max

I observed the same. Usually, it will update automatically but could take days.

Manual reinstalling repo will force an update.

quickmic

5.1.3 is available.
You can load from here, or wait till repo is synced.
http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/multi-repo/beta-leia/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/

There is only one bugfix added, but a major one.
Incremental sync: If the emby ID has changed for an item (Episode, Movie etc.), it will mess up the database.
In the past, lot's of people reported issues which I think are all related to the same issue.
Please observe incremental sync issues...

As mentioned, the issues were caused by EmbyID change: e.g. delete/rename a file (NOT just tagging) Episodes or Movies (probably also TV-Shows, Seasons, Musicvideos or Music).
I had a testcase where I merged a TV-Show folder.
Remastered and regular were in different folders, then I merged them into same folder with different filenames (Multivideo).
This triggers the issue instantly, but there are much more scenarios possible.
This fix is not tested yet on musicvideos, music, TVShows or Seasons.

btw, the bug was in the code since ever. Also in 4.x versions.

If you are already affected by this bug, you have to repair/resync the DB.

There is no need for any repairs if you re-synced the DB completely. After a resync, the DB is clean, but if an incremental sync was performed with a bug related scenario AFTER complete sync, you can be affected.

Edited by quickmic

e2zippo

This is awesome, I had totally missed that this was under development! So I'm running Coreelec (Leia) with the latest 4.x addon version, what is the best way to update to 5.x?

quickmic

Just load it from emby-kodi-beta repo. It's called emby-next-gen.

Remember it's still a beta version, probably take a backup first. Once upgraded, there is no option to rollback without rebuilding the Database.

No need to uninstall 4.x, the settings will be migrated. If you used native mode in 4.x, think about switching to addon mode. I highly recommend that.

e2zippo
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Just load it from emby-kodi-beta repo. It's called emby-next-gen.

Remember it's still a beta version, probably take a backup first. Once upgraded, there is no option to rollback without rebuilding the Database.

No need to uninstall 4.x, the settings will be migrated. If you used native mode in 4.x, think about switching to addon mode. I highly recommend that.

Yeah, read almost the entire thread, it looks like it'll be really good once the the bugs are ironed out! 

Will probably wait a little while longer, looks liks subtitles aren't displayed properly?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Will probably wait a little while longer, looks liks subtitles aren't displayed properly?

They do work fine for (external SRT subs).

feerlessleadr
22 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Yeah, read almost the entire thread, it looks like it'll be really good once the the bugs are ironed out! 

Thanks!

They work fine, it's just how the name shows up in the osd

quickmic
5 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

They work fine, it's just how the name shows up in the osd

Will be fixed in next version.

• Like 1

e2zippo

Indeed, I took the plunge and installed 5.x, everything seems to work so far! Subtitles do display weird but other than that no issues so far! Great work quickmic!

Edit: Got another question! How do I sync the playlists in Emby to Kodi? And is it possible to have them in the same order in Kodi as in Emby?

An example: I have a Marvel playlist in Emby with a custom watch order. Can I somehow get that playlist to sync to Kodi and in the same custom order?

Edited by e2zippo

quickmic

Not sure what you mean with playlist sync.

It is possible to play a emby server playlist, yes. It doesn't matter if the content of the playlists are synced or not, but it helps if it's synced (via library sync).

The plugin checks if the content of a playlist is available in KodiDB (much faster), otherwise infos are loaded from server dynamically.

e2zippo
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Not sure what you mean with playlist sync.

It is possible to play a emby server playlist, yes. It doesn't matter if the content of the playlists are synced or not, but it helps if it's synced (via library sync).

The plugin checks if the content of a playlist is available in KodiDB (much faster), otherwise infos are loaded from server dynamically.

I mean, the playlists are synced and can be used in Kodi right?

Is it somehow possible to have the Movies in the playlist in the same order in Kodi as in Emby?

Like the Marvel playlist I mentioned, the order in that one is custom, I've dragged the movies around in the "proper" watch order if you will, and I'd like that order to be preserved in Kodi as well.

quickmic

Is it somehow possible to have the Movies in the playlist in the same order in Kodi as in Emby?

Yes, this bug is also fixed.

You can access playlists via plugin's menu or with custom-skin/custom node in the main menu or wherever you like.

e2zippo
15 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, this bug is also fixed.

You can access playlists via plugin's menu or with custom-skin/custom node in the main menu or wherever you like.

Awesome! This might be more of a Kodi related question, but I guess it's tied in with Emby as well. But I can't figure out how to get a Main Menu item called playlists that links to Emby's playlists, that should be possible right? ATM I'm using Aeon MQ8 as my skin. But if it's possible with the default skin I can take that as well.

quickmic

Default skin -> no, or at least not without modification of the code manually.

If you want a similar Skin, you can use estuary mod v2 as me. Looks exactly the same as default skin, but it's possible to customize.

If you use Kodi 19 and want estuary mod skin let me know.

e2zippo
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Default skin -> no, or at least not without modification of the code manually.

If you want a similar Skin, you can use estuary mod v2 as me. Looks exactly the same as default skin, but it's possible to customize.

If you use Kodi 19 and want estuary mod skin let me know.

I'm not using Kodi 19, my device and Corelec doesn't support it sadly, so I'm stuck on 18. Can you use Estuary mod v2 on 18 as well?