embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

horstepipe
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

I never used that function, but I tested here on Kodi 18 and 19. TV Information is shown, if I select a Episode via Widget. If I select via list, it's directly played.

Was it ever differently? I'm quite sure, this in not coming from e4k plugin.

I think you can change that behavior via Settings -> Media -> Videos -> Default select action

quickmic

Yes, I've tested with that setup and works as mentioned:

"Information is shown, if I select a Episode via Widget. If I select via list, it's directly played."

The question is, was it different in the past?

quickmic

@jachin99

You requested some modifications in backdrops. Can you please elaborate?

Also not sure about TV tunes. Actually it looks like this TV tunes media sync feature injects something in nfo's? Look all weird to me.

t123thomas
16 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I've tested with that setup and works as mentioned:

"Information is shown, if I select a Episode via Widget. If I select via list, it's directly played."

The question is, was it different in the past?

Was your test on windows, I can not get it work on windows OS

Gizzmo80

I am not shure if it‘s the right place to ask, but does somebody know if the contextmenu has changed with KODI 19?

I am controlling my Shield and KODI on it by CEC with a controlsystem with the HDMI cable. This worked great and still does for most commands but the contextmenu for a library content doesn’t work anymore.

Not shure if it‘s KODI 19 or embyforkodi related, so anybody an idea?

EDIT: sorry, didn't remember this, I did that with KODI 18 by keymapping, so please ignore my post. Was just wondering because there is a "contextmenu" setting       withing the embyforkodi addon.

Edited by Gizzmo80
Didn't remember, sorry...

t123thomas

I will like to test the new e4k 19 on Generic- Windows LE 10/Kodi19. Can someone provide a link to download Nightly build.

Thanks

t123thomas
12 minutes ago, Gizzmo80 said:

@t123thomas not shure is this a normal Windows Version with 32 or 64bit? if so kodi.tv>download>windows>development builds >"installer (64BIT)" or "installer(32BIT)"

Thanks for your reply, I am looking for Libreelec Generic, however, all versions of LE nightly builds can be found here for anyone who is  interested https://test.libreelec.tv/

Edited by t123thomas

jachin99
On 12/7/2020 at 5:51 AM, quickmic said:

@jachin99

You requested some modifications in backdrops. Can you please elaborate?

Also not sure about TV tunes. Actually it looks like this TV tunes media sync feature injects something in nfo's? Look all weird to me.

@quickmic here is most of what I know about how video backdrops work.  In Emby these are collected at least for me via four server plugins.  There is a separate respective plugin for Movie, or TV theme songs or videos, and they require Emby premier to show up in at least the Emby clients but most likely Kodi also.  When Emby collects these, it places them in a folder titled backdrops for each video, and names the backdrop theme.mp4.

For these backdrops to show in Kodi, the Kodi plugin TV tunes is required, and the skin has to support them, or at least the skin cannot cover up the videos on pages like the movie details page.  I have at least heard the music playing for a video backdrop in every kodi skin I have tried so I think as long as the skin author doesn’t cover up the fanart backdrop then theme videos will work in the skin.  For testing I know these worked in Embuary although there is no explicit support in that skin for video backdrops.  TV Tunes can be configured to play the backdrops either while browsing video list views, or only on the video details page, which is how I leave it configured. 

Before the themes will play in Kodi, I have to run a command in Emby for Kodi to sync theme media, which still works in the current versions of 4.x you have been pushing out.  Synch theme media has some user documentation here: Actions · MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby Wiki · GitHub  I also have to specify a directory in Kodi via the TV Tunes settings where TV Tunes will store the sync’ed videos.  After I sync them I can then go to said directory, and I will see a copy of my theme media there.  I’m guessing E4k just points TV Tunes to the location of the theme videos on Emby Server when I run the sync command, and TV Tunes moves them into Kodi’s directory, then the skin has to do all the work from there. 

Additionally there is an option in TV Tunes to use local trailers where a video backdrop doesn’t exist, and that has never worked in E4k as far as I’m aware.  I asked for the feature to be added right after AngelBlue dropped support but I could never get it pushed through.  TeamB helped out a little, and pointed me to a code snippet that might help located here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/blob/647af73c74c3bd4dbd1e057bd0be4ddcccaa8ae6/resources/lib/entrypoint/default.py#L1023

So My feature request these:

-Continue support for video backdrops via the synch theme media command

-Add a button the E4k options menu that performs said sync (it was removed in some version before you took over but used to be there).

-Add support for sync’ing local trailers where theme media doesn’t exist. 

The support thread for TV Tunes is located here: TvTunes (584) (kodi.tv)  I can also get ahold of latts9923 and see if he can help.  I hope I have explained everything so that it is clear enough, and if you have any questions I will try my best to answer them based on my limited knowledge of how things work.  Thanks again for working on this. 

Edited by jachin99
  • Like 1

Gizzmo80

So I switched my two Shield TV (2017 and 2019) to KODI 19 with embyforkodi 5.xx to be able to test more. Most parts seem to work great for me at the moment. But I found something not shure if it is related to the addon and honestly not shure if that was an issue all the time with KODI 18 and embyforkodi 4.xx. But I believe it was.

The continue watching section seems not so sync correctly, maybe not correclty all the time. If I reset the played time within KODI it disappears within KODI in the continue watching section, but it will stay on the emby server.

Should this section correctly be synced at this state of the addon? could you please check if it's working for you?

quickmic

@jachin99

Thank you for the information. I installed Theme Addons on emby server and downloaded backdrops.

Also installed tv tunes on Kodi.

After fixing a few bugs in the e4k plugin, I'm able to use the e4k -> Manage libraries -> sync theme media function.

Looks it's working, at least I hear background music if I browse threw the TV shows.

Is there something specific I should try additionally?

Local trailes not tested yet.

quickmic

@Gizzmo80

1 hour ago, Gizzmo80 said:

So I switched my two Shield TV (2017 and 2019) to KODI 19 with embyforkodi 5.xx to be able to test more. Most parts seem to work great for me at the moment. But I found something not shure if it is related to the addon and honestly not shure if that was an issue all the time with KODI 18 and embyforkodi 4.xx. But I believe it was.

The continue watching section seems not so sync correctly, maybe not correclty all the time. If I reset the played time within KODI it disappears within KODI in the continue watching section, but it will stay on the emby server.

Should this section correctly be synced at this state of the addon? could you please check if it's working for you?

So what you are saying, playtime reset on Kodi not synced to emby server?

If the "continue watching section" in Kodi is wrong, this could be related to a mod-skin. Maybe I have to push a skin-reload command for Kodi after playtime reset.

Gizzmo80

@quickmic,

Yes to and from emby server. When I play a movie on my iPad with emby I get that movie in the "continue watching section" but it will not be synced to KODI on my Shield TV.

Do you believe it could be skin related? if so, need to check default skin, I am using the embuary skin with small change that it runs with KODI 19.

quickmic

"Do you believe it could be skin related?"

Well if not synced to emby server, then no. I'll perform some tests.

jachin99

@quickmic which skin are you using?  Im not sure if theme videos are enabled by default in TV tunes so you might have to go into its settings and turn them on.  I use Aeon Nox Silvo but I have modified it to show video backdrops.  I can tell you the theme videos won't play with estuary.  

Edited by jachin99

Gizzmo80

@quickmic,

the resume function is working, that is not the issue. I am wondering why the individual movies which were started are not synced from KODI to server and from server to KODI.

But if I start a movie, stop the movie and select the movie again with playback from last position, this works. Only the syncing between devices. But if the sync to server will not work of course the other clients can't know the titles.

Gizzmo80

@quickmic,

hmm, it seems the sync emby server to KODI happens any time, not shure when. Checked it after some hours and KODI now shows me the movie I started on emby App on my iPad. Had to do a skin refresh because this movie was shown without art, maybe something you could check and change. Restart of KODI didn't bring up the art.

So will check if starting playback in KODI will also be synced to server after maybe hours...

Would be great if this sync could happen more often.

Edit 1:

Not shure why now, but test some minutes ago, Playback in KODI, stopping > the movie was shown pretty fast in emby App on iPad.

Will test more...

Edit 2:

But resetting the time of the first watched movie in KODI, it only disappeared in KODI not on emby App on iPad, maybe only this was the thing which made me thinking it was not working at all.

Edit 3:

setting the watched movie to unwatched leads to a sync, so it seems the "resetting position" of a watched movie seems the issue for me. I have two movies which were the position was reset, so they disappeared in KODI as "continue watching", but they are still in emby App on iPad. Will let it in this state to see if they are gone in some hours.

Edited by Gizzmo80

quickmic

Had to do a skin refresh because this movie was shown without art

Yes, happens especially if after sync if the artwork was not cached. I've removed some skin-reloads for testing cause they take quite a lot time. Mostly it's not required, but sometimes they really are.

I'm working already on a solution.

Would be great if this sync could happen more often.

Yes, I will do that especially on player events like start, stop, pause etc.

• Like 1

t123thomas
6 minutes ago, blublub said:

Hi

Will the new version now work with v19 so that we can start testing? thx

Based on my limited knowledge I think it does, I tested it on two os's windows 10 and Libreelec Generic. 

blublub
6 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Based on my limited knowledge I think it does, I tested it on two os's windows 10 and Libreelec Generic. 

ok, I'll backup the settings folder and give it a try

TobyTentakel

Music syncing is still not working with the latest alpha, right? As that is also why I can't use the old E4K 4.x at the moment (my music library is too big).