embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

3 hours ago, Onana said:

Hello

6.1.8 stops updating library if it finds an empty tvshow

… and when this happens, the next time that update runs when that folder is populated  it discard all library updates that where updated between the last run and the new run. 
Hope that you understand what I mean. 
After that it continue to run normally, but the updates that where left behind will never update even if I force an update on plugin settings with a older date (1 or 2 days older)

Edited by Onana

quickmic
1 hour ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

I think you can disregard my subtitle issue. 99% sure I've found the issue and it's not related to the next-gen plugin.

Thanks, keep me updated if you still experience issues.

quickmic
22 minutes ago, Onana said:

… and when this happens, the next time that update runs when that folder is populated  it discard all library updates that where updated between the last run and the new run. 
Hope that you understand what I mean. 
After that it continue to run normally, but the updates that where left behind will never update even if I force an update on plugin settings with a older date (1 or 2 days older)

Can you please send me a kodi.log does it also appear on initial sync or just incremental syncs only?

On 11/6/2021 at 5:48 PM, quickmic said:

Works like a charm on my setup. Can you send me a kodi.log?

I explained that in an earlier posting. First, DON'T use it if you have no issues, it's more for debugging. I haven't found a way to put that in expert mode only which is actually what I want.

The Date/Time is the incremental sync date on KODI STARTUP.

Each Kodi start (and some other events) updates the timestamp automatically but there was no rollback option available.

e.g. if something is broken in the sync you could set the syncdate manually a few days or hours in the past and restart Kodi. Probably this will repair your DB without a complete db wipe.

It reflects the startup sync-timestamp, but don't even think about setting it back a month or so (unless you exactly know how this works and what would be the load). This could result in a huge incremental sync. As mentioned, this is an expert setting!

Related to incremental option on settings, got it.

Regarding KODI.log, check attachment.

By the way, still related to incremental syncs not picking up mass alterations made in the server, it's still happening on my side. Practical example:

I delete 20 movies and 2 Shows on the server, one by one and replace the same EXACT content with x265 encodes. The server picks everything up and scrapes everything accordingly.

I start a KODI client on one of my Nvidia Shields, it processes some .db strings deletes (and it shows in the progress bar) but then, nothing gets added.

Sometimes it adds some of the movies, others it adds all, others simply nothing.

And this behavior doesn't seem to have a pattern because I have 3 Nvidia Shields (so 3 EMBY for KODI) and in all of them the behavior of the incremental sync seems to act different.

I don't know what it could be, I tried checking the logs (this one, that is attached on this post for example) and I cannot pinpoint anything. But I guarantee this is happening.

Or simply refreshing metadata on a TV show, that has episodes named "TBA", the server picks up the API and the metadata, and nothing happens on the client(s)

kodi.old.log

PS: The only behavior I see prevalent is this tends to happen when I make big changes (like the example above) on the content in the server. And I know for a fact that if I reset KODI database it will correct itself in the end. But it's annoying having to do this everytime I make big changes to my server content.

Edited by djhifi

quickmic

But I guarantee this is happening.

I believe you, problem is. Without a testcase, I cannot fix something. I can only give recommendations. First check websocket connection, but even if it's broken, a Kodi startsync should work.

With 6.1.8 you can use the sync date option. Set it back before the modifications. Also you can send me a log after date adjustment.

btw. your skin helper plugin has massive multiprocessing issues but should be related to the issue.

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Can you please send me a kodi.log does it also appear on initial sync or just incremental syncs only?

Not at home now. It will take some time (3/4 days probably) . Away again to work.

I didn’t notice on initial sync. On incremental it happens. On initial I believe that also happens under the same circumstances 

• Like 1

PureLoneWolf

I have tried 6.1.8 on 2 of my least used installs and the constant sync doesn't seem to be working.  What would you expect for a time to sync a watched show?  To make sure I am not over-expecting.  I watched a show on my 5.3.2 plugin based machine and then in around 5 minutes went through to a 6.1.8 machine and the show was still listed as unwatched.  There didn't seem to be a Restart plugin option in settings or anyway to force the sync (that I could see).  Watching a show also didn't force a sync.

quickmic
1 hour ago, PureLoneWolf said:

I have tried 6.1.8 on 2 of my least used installs and the constant sync doesn't seem to be working.  What would you expect for a time to sync a watched show?  To make sure I am not over-expecting.  I watched a show on my 5.3.2 plugin based machine and then in around 5 minutes went through to a 6.1.8 machine and the show was still listed as unwatched.  There didn't seem to be a Restart plugin option in settings or anyway to force the sync (that I could see).  Watching a show also didn't force a sync.

Well in 6.X it should be more or less instantly updated.

First i need to know, if 5.X sends the progress correctly to Emby server. Is the progress/watched status correct there?

PureLoneWolf
21 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well in 6.X it should be more or less instantly updated.

First i need to know, if 5.X sends the progress correctly to Emby server. Is the progress/watched status correct there?

Yep - On the other (5.3.2) devices, a quick restart of the plugin (which I have been doing up until now anyway) forces a check and the updates the shows correctly.  Essentially, the behaviour seems to be the same as on 5.3.2 but without the ability to restart the plugin - So now I need to restart the box.

Tested it on 2 different 5.3.2 devices (watching a show/updating emby) and it is never reflected on the 6.1.8 devices until  I reboot.

For the record, I uninstalled 5.3.2, did a clean library then installed 6.1.8 fresh and setup from scratch on both devices.

quickmic
12 minutes ago, PureLoneWolf said:

Yep - On the other (5.3.2) devices, a quick restart of the plugin (which I have been doing up until now anyway) forces a check and the updates the shows correctly.  Essentially, the behaviour seems to be the same as on 5.3.2 but without the ability to restart the plugin - So now I need to restart the box.

Tested it on 2 different 5.3.2 devices (watching a show/updating emby) and it is never reflected on the 6.1.8 devices until  I reboot.

For the record, I uninstalled 5.3.2, did a clean library then installed 6.1.8 fresh and setup from scratch on both devices.

This sounds like you have a Websocket problem. Updates should be pushed without any restart in realtime.

Please check if you can send text-msgs from Emby Server to the Kodi devices.

PureLoneWolf
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

This sounds like you have a Websocket problem. Updates should be pushed without any restart in realtime.

Please check if you can send text-msgs from Emby Server to the Kodi devices.

That does seem to be the case - Emby reports that devices are playing files, but sending a message from the emby server web interface gives nothing on screen.  I will start looking there then, thank you

quickmic
7 hours ago, PureLoneWolf said:

That does seem to be the case - Emby reports that devices are playing files, but sending a message from the emby server web interface gives nothing on screen.  I will start looking there then, thank you

Pleas send me also a kodi.log so that I can check.

PureLoneWolf
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Pleas send me also a kodi.log so that I can check.

I think I already spotted it - I just need to test again.  I run an OpenVPN on my machines and hadn't excluded the next gen plug-in.  As it looked like it was working, I didn't think I needed to.  However, excluding the next gen plug-in from using VPN allows messages immediately.  

I'll confirm as soon as I get chance to test :)

• Like 1

PureLoneWolf

Small update - Excluding the plug-in from the OpenVPN settings allowed messages and the perpetual sync is now working as expected.  Thanks for that.

Weird though, as Emby itself was working and getting/giving  updates normally and my setup uses IP not hostname.

Great to have a solution - I think I will be moving to beta on all my installs :)

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, PureLoneWolf said:

Small update - Excluding the plug-in from the OpenVPN settings allowed messages and the perpetual sync is now working as expected.  Thanks for that.

Weird though, as Emby itself was working and getting/giving  updates normally and my setup uses IP not hostname.

Great to have a solution - I think I will be moving to beta on all my installs :)

In the next version, I'll add a warning if the websocket connection is not established.

• Like 1

PureLoneWolf

And yet another update - Sorry about this.

Both the 6.1.8 devices were working fine through the day yesterday - I left them for up to 5 hours before checking and they were staying up to date and they seemed fine, which is why I posted :) .  Checking this morning, however, and they hadn't taken the latest updates from emby and both were missing the 2 latest shows.  I have attached logs from one of them (kodi.log is following a reboot).

Many thanks

kodi.log kodi.old.log

quickmic
8 hours ago, PureLoneWolf said:

And yet another update - Sorry about this.

Both the 6.1.8 devices were working fine through the day yesterday - I left them for up to 5 hours before checking and they were staying up to date and they seemed fine, which is why I posted :) .  Checking this morning, however, and they hadn't taken the latest updates from emby and both were missing the 2 latest shows.  I have attached logs from one of them (kodi.log is following a reboot).

Many thanks

kodi.log 66.94 kB · 0 downloads kodi.old.log 297.62 kB · 1 download

Thanks, in old.log are some VPN interruptions. Not sure if this is related to the problem.

Websocket crashed with a MemoryError at 4:12. Last interruption was at 22:44

Can you please check if your box is running out of Ram? I'll try to fix the issue, but if you have a memory problem it's probably the reason why.

EDIT:

I found a websocket ping issue, which could overload the box. Will be fixed in next beta....

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

PureLoneWolf
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, in old.log are some VPN interruptions. Not sure if this is related to the problem.

Websocket crashed with a MemoryError at 4:12. Last interruption was at 22:44

Can you please check if your box is running out of Ram? I'll try to fix the issue, but if you have a memory problem it's probably the reason why.

EDIT:

I found a websocket ping issue, which could overload the box. Will be fixed in next beta....

I can't see that any of the boxes have been running out of RAM - They sit quite comfortably and I have never known them have overhead issues.  I'll double check usage randomly through the day to be sure though.

Thanks

PureLoneWolf

Quick thought - I realise that, if it works as intended, it's not necessary - But would it be possible to re-add the "restart plugin" option in setttings? :D

t123thomas

Hi Quickmic, I noticed that when I load experimental 6.1.9 from  6.0.9 Titan Skin short cut is no linger working6, can please look into the issue, let me know if you need log report

Thanks

quickmic
On 11/7/2021 at 4:40 PM, embyL0VER said:

Can confirm that adding to favorites from context menu only adds file to favorites in Kodi but favorites not get synced to emby.

About favorites. Have you used the emby options to adding content to favorites?

• Confused 1

quickmic
On 11/11/2021 at 10:56 PM, PureLoneWolf said:

Quick thought - I realise that, if it works as intended, it's not necessary - But would it be possible to re-add the "restart plugin" option in setttings? :D

Restart is tricky, but I think you want a reconnect option. Might be possible...

• Like 1

embyL0VER
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

About favorites. Have you used the emby options to adding content to favorites?

Ah I see, there are two possible choices to add favorites. Adding from the emby options menu syncs to emby but than you don't have favorites in Kodi. Adding favorites from the normal menu adds favorites in Kodi but they not get synced to emby... quite confusing

FireTV Cube 2nd gen, Kodi 19.3, emby-next-gen 6.1.9, embuary skin

Edited by embyL0VER
Typos, added System-Specs
  • Like 1

clarkss12

I am running emby-next-gen 6.1.8, is it supposed to automatically updated added media??  I have one Android device that I dual boot.  It runs a modded Android TV OS, and dual boots into CoreELEC.  Neither, the Android or CoreELEC OS will update any added media......... 

Am I doing something wrong???    I have not tested any other device to see it it updates automatically when new media is added.

Anyway, thanks for this Emby for Kodi addon.

quickmic
10 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

I am running emby-next-gen 6.1.8, is it supposed to automatically updated added media??  I have one Android device that I dual boot.  It runs a modded Android TV OS, and dual boots into CoreELEC.  Neither, the Android or CoreELEC OS will update any added media......... 

Am I doing something wrong???    I have not tested any other device to see it it updates automatically when new media is added.

Anyway, thanks for this Emby for Kodi addon.

Well there must be something wrong, please send me a kodi.log after you added content and waited a few minutes.