VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

warrentc3
6 hours ago, Luke said:

@pünktchen I’ll restore that method, so no need to do anything.

Please let me know when i can test again.  Will this be a new build pushed?

badwhip

a while ago i asked if you had any plans to allow usthe holy grail of letting us pick exact day and time for tv shows and you had allot going on as it was still new etc. any plan for this in future? by the way your plug in is main reason im using emby over plex. love it.

hstamas
On 8/8/2023 at 4:12 PM, badwhip said:

a while ago i asked if you had any plans to allow usthe holy grail of letting us pick exact day and time for tv shows and you had allot going on as it was still new etc. any plan for this in future? by the way your plug in is main reason im using emby over plex. love it.

@badwhipAlthough not as nicely integrated or easy as the VirtualTV plugin is, EraszTV - https://ersatztv.org - will do what your looking for.

Flippz

cant get any live channels to play from m3u: .40 beta and 1.1.4

2023-08-11 17:33:53.216 Error Server: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.8.0.40
Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
Operating system: Linux version 5.15.0-76-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-028) (gcc (Ubuntu 11.3.0-1ubuntu1~22.04.1) 11.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.38) #83-Ubun
Framework: .NET 6.0.14
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 4
Data path: /var/lib/emby
Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.IUserManager.GetUserByName(System.ReadOnlySpan`1<Char>)'.
at VirtualTV.Services.VirtualTVService.Authenticate(GetVideoStream request)
at VirtualTV.Services.VirtualTVService.Get(GetVideoStream request)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req, Type serviceType)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: VirtualTV
TargetSite: Void Authenticate(VirtualTV.Services.GetVideoStream)

Jack Burton

Hey, I just found this and love it! I've been trying to go through the comments for some answers but there's a lot, so hopefully I can just ask here.

1. How does exclusion work? I made a channel for just The Simpsons, but want to exclude season 0/specials. I've tried Season 0, Specials, s00, s0, Season0 but nothing seems to work.

2. If I set watched after percent to 0, will it never add the show/movie to Continue Watching on the home page? This is what I'm hoping.

3. New movies. So I can set a channel for new releases, can I set anything more specific than year? Ideally maybe quarterly, or even monthly?

So far, these are the 3 I haven't figured out myself yet. I'll be playing with this for a while I'm sure haha, great job. I've been using Emby for years (Kodi before that) and suddenly popped into my head remembering PseudoTV and bam, here we are!

Edit: Also, what is the difference in playback methods?

Edited by Jack Burton

PuffyToesToo

I can help with your first one. In my SS below, I have Specials and the last 4 seasons of a particular show tagged with '!Skip'. That will exclude those items from populating in the channel  for me. Using the same example, you can use-   !Skip | Another Tag  -to exclude items with either tag. Hope that helps.

Screenshot 2023-08-17 151507.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Burton
53 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

I can help with your first one. In my SS below, I have Specials and the last 4 seasons of a particular show tagged with '!Skip'. That will exclude those items from populating in the channel  for me. Using the same example, you can use-   !Skip | Another Tag  -to exclude items with either tag. Hope that helps.

Screenshot 2023-08-17 151507.png

Ok, so if I wanted to skip specials, I would type !Skip|Season 0 ?

pünktchen
23 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

1. How does exclusion work? I made a channel for just The Simpsons, but want to exclude season 0/specials. I've tried Season 0, Specials, s00, s0, Season0 but nothing seems to work.

You have to create tags (a single word or phrase) on season or episode level in Emby's metadata editor. The same tag you have to use then as exclude condition.

2. If I set watched after percent to 0, will it never add the show/movie to Continue Watching on the home page? This is what I'm hoping.

In combination with the playback option to "Clear resume points" maybe. But that is unintentional from my side. What you want is "Remove shows from Continue Watching" under the plugins playback options, but currently the plugin will only remove shows from Continue Watching if the user has manually removed the show previously from Continue Watching. In other words, if the show was already hidden and only then, the plugin will keep it hidden. If it's a new show, you'll have to manually remove it from Continue Watching one time. I'm already reworking those options.

3. New movies. So I can set a channel for new releases, can I set anything more specific than year? Ideally maybe quarterly, or even monthly?

No.

Edit: Also, what is the difference in playback methods?

See the thread start post!

• Thanks 1

Jack Burton

You have to create tags (a single word or phrase) on season or episode level in Emby's metadata editor. The same tag you have to use then as exclude condition.

Haha wow, I didn't even connect tags meant those tags. Still can't seem to get it to work but I'll keep playing.

In combination with the playback option to "Clear resume points" maybe. But that is unintentional from my side. What you want is "Remove shows from Continue Watching" under the plugins playback options, but currently the plugin will only remove shows from Continue Watching if the user has manually removed the show previously from Continue Watching. In other words, if the show was already hidden and only then, the plugin will keep it hidden. If it's a new show, you'll have to manually remove it from Continue Watching one time. I'm already reworking those options.

I use Continue Watching all the time and hate clutter, but this seems pretty perfect for me. Seems to add it to Continue Watching as you're watching, but if you stop the show/movie it doesn't show up on it. Perfect.

See the thread start post!

Yeah, I've been digging deep since I found this and totally forgot it was there. Great job btw, this is really cool. 

PuffyToesToo
17 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Ok, so if I wanted to skip specials, I would type !Skip|Season 0 ?

Yes, (only if that is the tag you use for that series/season). You can make the tag whatever you like. So if the show is Star Trek (for example), and you don't want Specials or seasons 5-6 to play, go to those seasons and add the tag you prefer to the metadata. 

Here is where you place your tag, and just make sure it matches in the exclude section posted above.

Screenshot 2023-08-18 092151.png

Jack Burton
15 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

Yes, (only if that is the tag you use for that series/season). You can make the tag whatever you like. So if the show is Star Trek (for example), and you don't want Specials or seasons 5-6 to play, go to those seasons and add the tag you prefer to the metadata. 

Here is where you place your tag, and just make sure it matches in the exclude section posted above.

Screenshot 2023-08-18 092151.png

Hmmm, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have a channel set for The Simpsons and want to exclude specials and season 1. I added !Skip as a tag for both seasons. I then put !Skip in the "But exclude tv show seasons or episodes by these tags:" bar. Now the channel is populated with episodes of The Twilight Zone, Masterclass, The Golden Girls, and Planet Earth. I have no idea what these shows have in common to even begin to troubleshoot.

PuffyToesToo
1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Hmmm, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I have a channel set for The Simpsons and want to exclude specials and season 1. I added !Skip as a tag for both seasons. I then put !Skip in the "But exclude tv show seasons or episodes by these tags:" bar. Now the channel is populated with episodes of The Twilight Zone, Masterclass, The Golden Girls, and Planet Earth. I have no idea what these shows have in common to even begin to troubleshoot.

Have you tried tagging the entire show? You should be able to do that at the top level for the series. Just be sure to give it a different tag than the one used for exclusion. Then be sure to put that tag in this field (that tells VirtualTV to require this tag for that channel).

Screenshot 2023-08-18 110652.png

• Thanks 1

Jack Burton
1 hour ago, PuffyToesToo said:

Have you tried tagging the entire show? You should be able to do that at the top level for the series. Just be sure to give it a different tag than the one used for exclusion. Then be sure to put that tag in this field (that tells VirtualTV to require this tag for that channel).

Screenshot 2023-08-18 110652.png

Thanks for the help, I got it working. I had The Simpsons in the channel by having it in the "Always include these named movies or tv shows:" only. I made a tag for the series, and added that to the tag bar. Leaving the previous !Skip tag on the exclusion excluded those 2 seasons. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

jdazzle44

Thanks for this amazing plugin! I'm having an issue exporting real live tv guide data.

I tried both the URL and Folder option. The URL (http://10.1.100.39:8096/emby/virtualtv/guide?streamtype=universal) only contains my virtual tv guide data and the folder option seems to have all the program data but it's only showing the channels when I load the guide data in other apps.

This show's up in the emby logs when I query the guide data URL.

2023-08-21 08:18:11.055 Info VirtualTV: ApiService > GetProgramGuide

Edited by jdazzle44

pünktchen

The export options in the plugin and the api endpoints are mostly independant of each other.

On 8/21/2023 at 2:14 PM, jdazzle44 said:

The URL (http://10.1.100.39:8096/emby/virtualtv/guide?streamtype=universal) only contains my virtual tv guide data

Because it's missing the parameter RealLiveTv=true

the folder option seems to have all the program data

Probably because you've enabled the option to export real live tv data.

but it's only showing the channels when I load the guide data in other apps

What do mean by this?

jdazzle44
7 hours ago, pünktchen said:

What do mean by this?

If I open the xml file in notepad++, I can see the program data but it doesn't load the program data for the channels in any of the apps I tried. (jellyfin, xteve) I'm not sure if it's an formatting issue.

• 4 weeks later...
MarkE2794

Hi I've set everything up and the channel shows but i am not getting any programs to show am i missing something, if i am please help if possible thank you

pünktchen
22 hours ago, MarkE2794 said:

Hi I've set everything up and the channel shows but i am not getting any programs to show am i missing something, if i am please help if possible thank you

Have you set any channel rule other than choosing the libraries? That's a requirement!

MarkE2794

your talking about the options likes years, genres, tags, actors, etc, right i have, i have the years, all shows which are seperated the "|" , and 2 genres. Can you space between "|" or is it all just one word then seperated by "|" Like " LengendofZelda| or Legend of Zelda|"?