VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

hstamas
1 hour ago, PaulE123 said:

Hi all,

I have this set up and working away but I noticed though during the week, it's leaving shows in my "Continue Watching" section of the Emby Homepage. Is there a way to not have that happen? I'd like to keep anything viewed through this plugin separate from Continue Watching.

Under the plugin setting -  playback options  - do you have both of these checked?

- Clear resume point for unfinished videos

- Remove shows from Continue Watching

• Agree 2

Junglejim
19 hours ago, hstamas said:

Under the plugin setting -  playback options  - do you have both of these checked?

- Clear resume point for unfinished videos

- Remove shows from Continue Watching

You can also remove the watched state from any watched video. Good if you haven't started to watch the series from the beginning yet. ;)

(Set to zero to disable)

Screenshot_2023-07-21_19-02-09.png.47f7c4f6345c244013b293fac89271ee.png

• Like 1

ITGuy1024

Hey all - really enjoying this plugin but having some issues (probably user error). I can't seem to get it to play the shows I want correctly.
I have it set to always play 1 episode of each of these shows (Boy Meets World | Dinosaurs | Clarissa Explains It All | Home Improvement | Family Matters)
However it's playing some shows back to back and skipping others completely even though they show up as acknowledged shows.

image.thumb.png.cc6c20aee751f9efc11f171db0cb0d4b.png

image.png.87186392e7cd740d47732cf3ef374cf4.png

image.png.7dfd9a6cc92ade451711ff2e0720b2e1.png

If I do random show random episode everything shows up but - it's random. 

Is there a way to play each show in order and 1 episode?

Junglejim
8 hours ago, ITGuy1024 said:

Hey all - really enjoying this plugin but having some issues (probably user error). I can't seem to get it to play the shows I want correctly.
I have it set to always play 1 episode of each of these shows (Boy Meets World | Dinosaurs | Clarissa Explains It All | Home Improvement | Family Matters)
However it's playing some shows back to back and skipping others completely even though they show up as acknowledged shows.

image.thumb.png.cc6c20aee751f9efc11f171db0cb0d4b.png

image.png.87186392e7cd740d47732cf3ef374cf4.png

image.png.7dfd9a6cc92ade451711ff2e0720b2e1.png

If I do random show random episode everything shows up but - it's random. 

Is there a way to play each show in order and 1 episode?

Hi mate, I must admit I've never tried that I usually go with random.

Have you tried Sort program by: PremiereDate Ascending? Just a thought, not sure if it will work.

The (min: 1 max: 1) looks good, just got to get the order right.

Edited by Junglejim

pünktchen
20 hours ago, ITGuy1024 said:

Does it show the wrong episodes in the tv guide or does it show the correct ones but plays some others?

ITGuy1024

Well it will play some shows back to back even though there is the one episode limit. 

So it will play show A, show A, show B, Show A, Show D, ect. 

Where I'd like it to play the shows in order but random episodes. 

pünktchen
12 hours ago, ITGuy1024 said:

Where I'd like it to play the shows in order but random episodes. 

But that's not even an available sort option!

ITGuy1024

New question - is there any other way to remove the shows played with the plugin from Continue Watching?

I have this box checked but it isn't working.

image.png.fed51ed0e16a225283e3a4adf65bf88b.png

• Agree 1

pünktchen
1 hour ago, ITGuy1024 said:

New question - is there any other way to remove the shows played with the plugin from Continue Watching?

I have this box checked but it isn't working.

image.png.fed51ed0e16a225283e3a4adf65bf88b.png

What are your channel settings for "Set ... watched after percent"?

jiggity

Hi,

Love the plug in, but it freezes up doing the refresh guide often, with very little to no info in the log, and I have the debug option enabled

This is the last entry before refresh freezes at 15%

2023-07-26 15:48:52.650 Info VirtualTV: TVService > GetPrograms: Channel: Drama, ChannelId: VirtualTV8, Returning 391 Movies 2023-07-26 15:48:52.742 Info SqliteItemRepository: Removing 390 old programs from channel 1131611 Drama

2023-07-26 15:48:53.295 Info VirtualTV: TVService > GetPrograms: Channel: Music, ChannelId: VirtualTV9, Querying Library for MixedContent

After that there are no more virtual tv log entries.

the next log entry is
2023-07-26 15:48:54.754 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://host1:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress?X-Emby-Client=Emby Theater&X-Emby-Device-Name=clientname&X-Emby-Device-Id=clientname&X-Emby-Client-Version=3.0.20&X-Emby-Language=en-us&reqformat=json. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) EmbyTheater/3.0.20 Chrome/87.0.4280.141 Electron/11.5.0 Safari/537.36

with just client info following

Any help is appreciated

ITGuy1024
8 hours ago, pünktchen said:

What are your channel settings for "Set ... watched after percent"?

pünktchen
8 hours ago, jiggity said:

2023-07-26 15:48:53.295 Info VirtualTV: TVService > GetPrograms: Channel: Music, ChannelId: VirtualTV9, Querying Library for MixedContent

You have music videos or music concerts in a mixed content library? How are they organized, as movies or tv shows?

• Thanks 1

pünktchen
7 hours ago, ITGuy1024 said:

With that and the other settings it should remove your videos from Continue Watching. Are you on Emby beta server? There are several other threads about problems with Continue Watching and the beta server.

ITGuy1024
5 hours ago, pünktchen said:

With that and the other settings it should remove your videos from Continue Watching. Are you on Emby beta server? There are several other threads about problems with Continue Watching and the beta server.

Nah I don't run the betas.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, ITGuy1024 said:

Nah I don't run the betas.

Then as usual: enable debug logging, replicate the problem and pm me the log.

jiggity
15 hours ago, pünktchen said:

You have music videos or music concerts in a mixed content library? How are they organized, as movies or tv shows?

Music is a mixed content channel of Movie and TV, with content selected by the Genre Music.

I think i found the problem with you directing me where to look.

I had the mixed content interleaving settings at 0 for movies and 1 for episode. I set it back to 1 and 1.

The refresh completed.  So either I am misunderstood the setting, or the 0 for random, is not functional?

Either way, thanks for the assist 😃

pünktchen
2 hours ago, jiggity said:

So either I am misunderstood the setting, or the 0 for random, is not functional?

A good question. I've thought i do not allow to enter 0. Anyway, what do think should happen by entering 0?

jiggity
3 hours ago, pünktchen said:

A good question. I've thought i do not allow to enter 0. Anyway, what do think should happen by entering 0?

I do realize thing are open to interpretation here  "Mixed content interleaving (zeros for random)"

I am interpreting this as a 0 can be entered in either field for movie or episode for the sake or my idea of how I think it could function; to be clear

I am expecting that a 0 will generate random amount of entries for the selection with the 0.
So, in my case with 0 movie, 1 episode. I thought I would get some number between 1 and maybe 5 movies before the next episode, but I do realize that true random does become a bit chaotic. adding more fields could get unwieldy, idk.  Thanks for listening anyways.

I do have another question,

Is it possible to have a channel that only plays a single tv show in episodic order, as set in emby, and then repeat once the seasons are done?
I have a show I am trying to do this with, but it is set in DVD order, and if I use premier ascending, it plays in airing order because of the date,  and I cannot figure out how to get it to repeat once the seasons are finished.

pünktchen

I do realize thing are open to interpretation here  "Mixed content interleaving (zeros for random)"

I am interpreting this as a 0 can be entered in either field for movie or episode for the sake or my idea of how I think it could function; to be clear

I am expecting that a 0 will generate random amount of entries for the selection with the 0.
So, in my case with 0 movie, 1 episode. I thought I would get some number between 1 and maybe 5 movies before the next episode, but I do realize that true random does become a bit chaotic.

Haha, my fault. I did not remember i added "zeros for random" at some time. But you have to enter 0 and 0, not 0 and 1.

Is it possible to have a channel that only plays a single tv show in episodic order, as set in emby, and then repeat once the seasons are done?
I have a show I am trying to do this with, but it is set in DVD order, and if I use premier ascending, it plays in airing order because of the date,  and I cannot figure out how to get it to repeat once the seasons are finished.

A sort option by index can easily be added.
I'm not sure what you mean by "repeat once the seasons are finished"? If you mean repeat after watching all episodes, then of course you have to manually mark the whole show as unwatched under the "VirtualTV user account". But it's not a bad idea, maybe i can add some automatism for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jiggity
8 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "repeat once the seasons are finished"? If you mean repeat after watching all episodes, then of course you have to manually mark the whole show as unwatched under the "VirtualTV user account". But it's not a bad idea, maybe i can add some automatism for that.

I am trying to set up my guide for around 7 days at a time, so it refreshes one a week.

With the single show channel, it generates about 2.5 days worth of content.  What I mean by repeats, would be like having a playlist on repeat. where once the items have finished playing it goes back to the beginning and restarts playing again. I am after a continuous loop of a single show.

A sort by index option sound wonderful, thanks

pünktchen
17 minutes ago, jiggity said:

I am trying to set up my guide for around 7 days at a time, so it refreshes one a week.

With the single show channel, it generates about 2.5 days worth of content.

In Emby's live tv settings set the days to download guide data to your desired value instead of auto. The plugin will then repeat the program it generates to fill up the guide.

jiggity
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

In Emby's live tv settings set the days to download guide data to your desired value instead of auto. The plugin will then repeat the program it generates to fill up the guide.

I think I am following you here

In the scheduled tasks I have the Live TV refresh guide manually set to refresh manually once every 7 days, on sundays at 12:00 AM, and the export virtual TV channels and programs manually to export daily at 5 AM

Is that what you are talking about?

pünktchen
23 minutes ago, jiggity said:

I think I am following you here

In the scheduled tasks I have the Live TV refresh guide manually set to refresh manually once every 7 days, on sundays at 12:00 AM, and the export virtual TV channels and programs manually to export daily at 5 AM

Is that what you are talking about?

No, i'm talking about this setting:

image.png.8c77d5a7fa2351e263dd5d777ad708b4.png

Btw. In case you don't know it, you don't need the export options to get your VirtualTV channels into Emby. It's a pure export for use in other apps like Kodi or Tivimate.