VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

jordy

Hi, Just trying to get this plugin to work on my Windows 11 machine running EmbyServer Beta 4.8.0.39

I cannot get a channel to populate. I'm not sure but it may be that I don't see any library folders in the "Channel Preconditions" section.

Can you please advise what if anything I need to change to make it work

Debugging Does not show any errors - just says...:

2023-07-17 13:20:43.733 Info VirtualTV: TVService > GetPrograms: Channel: Paul's TV, ChannelId: VirtualTV0, Querying Library for TVShows
2023-07-17 13:20:43.758 Info VirtualTV: TVService > GetLibraryItems: No TVShow Items match the Channel Conditions
2023-07-17 13:20:43.758 Info VirtualTV: TVService > GetPrograms: Channel: Paul's TV, ChannelId: VirtualTV0, Returning 0 TVShows
2023-07-17 13:20:43.758 Debug LiveTvManager: Channel Paul's TV has 0 programs

PlaybackOptions.jpg.c33f92ae779ce0bd544ebff87bc27e1d.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-17 130109.jpg

Channel Preconditions.jpg

Channel Rules.jpg

Channel Rules2.jpg

Export Options.jpg

Export Options 2.jpg

Playback Options2.jpg

jordy

I fixed it!

In my user settings, I had some Folder restrictions set: 'User\Access\Library Access\Enable Access to All Libraries' was unchecked and 1 Library (nothing to do with TV or Movies) was unchecked because I did not want it included.  Enabling Access to ALL Libraries allowed them to appear under "Included Library Folders" In the Channel Preconditions section.

Perhaps this is a BUG?

Anyway, all is good

Thanks Jordy

jordy

Me Again :)

Trying to exclude some shows from the channel.

If I add the show names to the "Always Exclude these named movies or shows" it works.

I've also tried using Show (Not Seasons or Episodes") Tags in the "*Tags:" Option with the '!' operator eg "!xxxx" But that doesn't work either

Is this expected?

Jordy

pünktchen
2 hours ago, jordy said:

Enabling Access to ALL Libraries allowed them to appear under "Included Library Folders" In the Channel Preconditions section.

Perhaps this is a BUG?

Not that i know. I have libraries disabled and it's working fine for me.

pünktchen
2 hours ago, jordy said:

I've also tried using Show (Not Seasons or Episodes") Tags in the "*Tags:" Option with the '!' operator eg "!xxxx" But that doesn't work either

There are two Tag options. Which one are you talking about?

jordy
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

Not that i know. I have libraries disabled and it's working fine for me.

OK, I just went back in and disabled a library to test. I re-ran the Guide update and all of my library path are still  visible in the Channel settings.

Perhaps it needs to have ALL libraries enabled for the first run.

jordy
3 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

There are two Tag options. Which one are you talking about?

The 1st one clearly states for "Season and Episodes only"

The second one is unclear about what it does, I assume that it is/should be different to the Season ans Episode" option.

I added "NV" (NoVirtual) tags to a SHOWS metadata that I wanted to be excluded from the channel. It didn't work in either the "Season and Episode" option or the one in the ss below.

Tag option.jpg

pünktchen
1 hour ago, jordy said:

I added "NV" (NoVirtual) tags to a SHOWS metadata that I wanted to be excluded from the channel. It didn't work in either the "Season and Episode" option or the one in the ss below.

And of course you did a guide refresh after this?

jordy
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

And of course you did a guide refresh after this?

Yes, Several IIRC.

jordy

Just to be sure, I checked again.

7 series have been tagged with NV at the show/series level.

!NV has been entered into the "*Tags:" field.

Guide Refresh has been run, a new guide has been created and the first 3 entries are episodes from one of the tagged Series

see attached.

Tagged Shows.jpg

Guide.jpg

pünktchen
7 hours ago, jordy said:

7 series have been tagged with NV at the show/series level.

!NV has been entered into the "*Tags:" field.

Guide Refresh has been run, a new guide has been created and the first 3 entries are episodes from one of the tagged Series

Do the episodes by chance also have any tag?

jordy
3 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Do the episodes by chance also have any tag?

No, until this point (installing VirtualTV plugin) I have never used tags.

Junglejim

Hi @jordyI just tested a channel using the !tag and it worked ok.

Basically I have tags set for Star Wars & Star Trek (for both Movies and TV Shows) so I can create mixed content channels for both (star wars channel and star trek channel). I tested a channel for Sci-Fi TV but excluded the above tags..

Screenshot_2023-07-18_18-42-48.png.b232fdf105a9c9a81b7eda6b248e7a5b.png

Screenshot_2023-07-18_18-09-09.png.4b75103f7b9d26d9f0181ea34b67bfa5.png

These are the only rules I used and no Star Wars or Star Trek is in the channel. I use the same !tags for my Sci-Fi movie channel (ch 4).

Screenshot_2023-07-18_18-45-41.thumb.png.221e78bf759b2967424a7e29d5fb2dbd.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention I tag all my tvshows at the series level and I use the Bulky plugin to edit tags on mass (available in the emby plugin catalog)..

The channel rules in VirtualTV are very extensive and I still have some refinement work to do on mine. ;)

Don't get bogged down trying to fill too many/every rule. Just start out simple, you may find that's all you need.

Edited by Junglejim

Junglejim
On 17/07/2023 at 18:19, jordy said:

The 1st one clearly states for "Season and Episodes only"

The second one is unclear about what it does, I assume that it is/should be different to the Season ans Episode" option.

Tag option.jpg

As you guessed the first one you have to tag a specific season/episode/s.. great for filtering specials etc.

The second one is the general series filter, probably the one you want to use. 👍

Library access/Channel Access? Parental? Running out of ideas mate.. :)

Edited by Junglejim

jordy
59 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

As you guessed the first one you have to tag a specific season/episode/s.. great for filtering specials etc.

The second one is the general series filter, probably the one you want to use. 👍

Library access/Channel Access? Parental? Running out of ideas mate.. :)

I have tried both. The Season/Episode one works as expected, however, as I said in my last post, the second or Series Tag does not.

Just as a matter of interest, could you take a ss of the Star Wars tags you are using. Maybe I'm not putting the tags in correctly or something. But when I use the Tags page in Emby it shows up 7 Series that I tagged, just the Virtual TV plugin doesn't see/use them.  I noticed that you use genre tags whereas I haven't, maybe that's the clue... I'm away for a few days so i'll take a look when I get home.

thanks

pünktchen
6 minutes ago, jordy said:

Maybe I'm not putting the tags in correctly or something. But when I use the Tags page in Emby it shows up 7 Series that I tagged, just the Virtual TV plugin doesn't see/use them. 

Although i could not replicate your problem yet, maybe there's a bug with a specific combination of channel rules. So if you are back, please post all the rule sets for that problematic channel.

Btw. as a last resort, you could exlude the series just by its name.

jordy
8 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Although i could not replicate your problem yet, maybe there's a bug with a specific combination of channel rules. So if you are back, please post all the rule sets for that problematic channel.

I'm away from today for 5 days. I will post my setting for the channel when I return. And yes,  it does work if I exclude the series names. I just thought that it would get unwieldy with 7 or more names entered and tags make it easier to see what has been excluded via emby.

jordy
20 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I was able to connect to my server remotely so I've had a play.

I looked at @junglejim's post showing his settings and I noticed that he had no entries in the Community & Parental Ratings, Runtime or Year settings. I had all of those set because at the time I thought  that they had to be populated - else why have them.

Anyway, as a test, I deleted those settings and - it works. The !NV exclusion does what it is supposed to do. I had Seasons/Episodes of all of the "allowed" shows but nothing from the excluded ones and I did go all the way to the end of the guide to check - 14Days.

So you might want to have a look at those settings and see how they interact with the exclusions.

regards Jordy

pünktchen
34 minutes ago, jordy said:

I looked at @junglejim's post showing his settings and I noticed that he had no entries in the Community & Parental Ratings, Runtime or Year settings. I had all of those set because at the time I thought  that they had to be populated - else why have them.

What about "*All channel rules have to be TRUE"? Was it checked or unchecked?

jordy
10 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

What about "*All channel rules have to be TRUE"? Was it checked or unchecked?

At the beginning, When I had all of those options populated, it was, but then I noticed that @JungleJims wasn't so I unchecked it. But the unwanted Shows still appeared in the Guide.

In the last few minutes I have discovered that If I enter '1' in the "*Minimum Community Rating:" option but leave all of the others blank, I get the unwanted Shows. But if I leave all  the options in that section blank -  and "All Channel Rules have to be True" unchecked It works as it's supposed to.

Also If I just enter 1 in the "*Minimum Critic Rating:" and leave all of the others blank, it still works... So It seems as though the fault is tied to "*Minimum Community Rating:" But I haven't tested the others individually yet.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Jordy

pünktchen
1 hour ago, jordy said:

Unfortunately not really. Better post some screenshots (maybe in a zip) what's working and what's not.

Junglejim
21 hours ago, jordy said:

At the beginning, When I had all of those options populated, it was, but then I noticed that @JungleJims wasn't so I unchecked it. But the unwanted Shows still appeared in the Guide.

In the last few minutes I have discovered that If I enter '1' in the "*Minimum Community Rating:" option but leave all of the others blank, I get the unwanted Shows. But if I leave all  the options in that section blank -  and "All Channel Rules have to be True" unchecked It works as it's supposed to.

Also If I just enter 1 in the "*Minimum Critic Rating:" and leave all of the others blank, it still works... So It seems as though the fault is tied to "*Minimum Community Rating:" But I haven't tested the others individually yet.

Jordy

I always have *All channel rules have to be TRUE = checked. It's just that I don't need/use a lot of them (sometimes just one for my Tagged channels "Star Wars" or Studio channels etc.). My Disney Channel I just use Studios: (Disney Channel|Disney XD|Disney+)

I usually start off simple with one rule/tag and then if needed I fine tune it with other rules genres/!genres/ etc.

I can see how you thought that you needed to fill in every rule, that was my first thought as well. ;) Just keep it as simple as you can then work from there. 👍

Edited by Junglejim

Junglejim
On 18/07/2023 at 23:00, jordy said:

I have tried both. The Season/Episode one works as expected, however, as I said in my last post, the second or Series Tag does not.

Just as a matter of interest, could you take a ss of the Star Wars tags you are using. Maybe I'm not putting the tags in correctly or something. But when I use the Tags page in Emby it shows up 7 Series that I tagged, just the Virtual TV plugin doesn't see/use them.  I noticed that you use genre tags whereas I haven't, maybe that's the clue... I'm away for a few days so i'll take a look when I get home.

thanks

This is my "Star Wars" channel..

movie tags:

Screenshot_2023-07-20_18-36-10.thumb.png.2eabcab4bd9cdb3292d67ea04bc4d4ef.png

TV tags:

Screenshot_2023-07-20_18-36-43.thumb.png.c92dde24ce74b75f78f49b34334e510d.png

Screenshot_2023-07-20_18-37-31.png.76f774e33fdd4758598b67f8946287ca.png

Screenshot_2023-07-20_18-38-05.png.38b7199faf07a6adbeaeebea07591be7.png

Screenshot_2023-07-20_18-38-54.png.dff69d8ec5540362a7f3c108955e3e27.png

Just one rule. Also *All channel rules have to be TRUE is checked.

Screenshot_2023-07-20_19-40-24.thumb.png.be275d620ffba4b66afed2039a61ea66.png

Edited by Junglejim

PaulE123

Hi all,

I have this set up and working away but I noticed though during the week, it's leaving shows in my "Continue Watching" section of the Emby Homepage. Is there a way to not have that happen? I'd like to keep anything viewed through this plugin separate from Continue Watching.

jordy

Well, this is embarrassing. Now it is working. I can't replicate the errors of the previous tests.

I've no idea what's going on.

My apologies.

Jordy

• Like 1