VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen
14 hours ago, jiggity said:

Is it possible to have a channel that only plays a single tv show in episodic order, as set in emby

I've checked that again. It should already be possible with the sort option "Random Series, Ordered Episodes" even if there's only one show for the channel.

jiggity
46 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

No, i'm talking about this setting:

image.png.8c77d5a7fa2351e263dd5d777ad708b4.png

I tried with that setting enabled, and I still only get the 2.5 days worth of content. Thanks for showing me that setting

46 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I've checked that again. It should already be possible with the sort option "Random Series, Ordered Episodes" even if there's only one show for the channel.

That setting does allow for the majority of the episodes to play in list order, but it breaks the insertion of specials in the proper place.  With it set that way it plays specials, then seasons 1-7.

It still only generates the 2.5 days worth of content and no repeating. I have the number of days in the Live TV setting manually set to 7.

I can show you how I have this channel set up with screens if that would help.

I really appreciate your help with this, I understand this is a bit of an edge case request.

Edited by jiggity
added one too mnay quotes, couldn't fully remove one of them

pünktchen
12 minutes ago, jiggity said:

That setting does allow for the majority of the episodes to play in list order, but it breaks the insertion of specials in the proper place.  With it set that way it plays specials, then seasons 1-7.

Hah, you never talked about specials!

17 minutes ago, jiggity said:

It still only generates the 2.5 days worth of content and no repeating. I have the number of days in the Live TV setting manually set to 7.

And of course you did execute the refresh guide task after that?!

18 minutes ago, jiggity said:

I can show you how I have this channel set up with screens if that would help.

Maybe. It will not hurt.

jiggity
48 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Hah, you never talked about specials!

And of course you did execute the refresh guide task after that?!

Maybe. It will not hurt.

Yes, my bad I did not mention specials.  Sorry.

I did execute the refresh after changing any setting to see if there was any change

Here come some pictures:

Screenshot2023-07-28150105.jpg.3099b19b59ffda59917bc8253ba285a4.jpgScreenshot2023-07-28150144.jpg.a9635a3316998b7753d6e9976d8fa7ac.jpgScreenshot2023-07-28150244.jpg.21012f1859545f35cf02a906d3e64bac.jpg

pünktchen
3 hours ago, jiggity said:

I did execute the refresh after changing any setting to see if there was any change

Here come some pictures

Exactly those settings are working fine for me. Please restart Emby and refresh the guide once more.

ITGuy1024
On 7/23/2023 at 9:07 PM, ITGuy1024 said:

Hey all - really enjoying this plugin but having some issues (probably user error). I can't seem to get it to play the shows I want correctly.
I have it set to always play 1 episode of each of these shows (Boy Meets World | Dinosaurs | Clarissa Explains It All | Home Improvement | Family Matters)
However it's playing some shows back to back and skipping others completely even though they show up as acknowledged shows.

image.thumb.png.cc6c20aee751f9efc11f171db0cb0d4b.png

image.png.87186392e7cd740d47732cf3ef374cf4.png

image.png.7dfd9a6cc92ade451711ff2e0720b2e1.png

If I do random show random episode everything shows up but - it's random. 

Is there a way to play each show in order and 1 episode?

I think I found my issue for this. Or part of it.

In this example I started playback and Clarissa Explains It All played fine. The guide shows Step by Step should be next but it actually started playing Home Improvement.

image.png.ad6b6f9f614ff5ec732029a378406ec6.png

Junglejim
6 hours ago, ITGuy1024 said:

I think I found my issue for this. Or part of it.

In this example I started playback and Clarissa Explains It All played fine. The guide shows Step by Step should be next but it actually started playing Home Improvemen

Strange.! Did you go back in time to play "Clarissa Explains" (aka Pseudotv)? Because the live timeline has you at "step by step".

I've never seen this happen before. Was it a live or a archive channel?

Edited by Junglejim

SkittyBear

I've having an issue with settings this plugin to appear, I restart my server after dropping it into my plugins folder and it just never shows, tried installing older versions without luck.  Anything I should be doing to get it to show up?

pünktchen
1 hour ago, SkittyBear said:

I've having an issue with settings this plugin to appear, I restart my server after dropping it into my plugins folder and it just never shows, tried installing older versions without luck.  Anything I should be doing to get it to show up?

Plugin version? Emby version? Plugin folder path? Operating System?

SkittyBear

I must have had a stroke typing my last comment.  To clarify: VirtualTV isn't appearing in my plug in list.  I install it to the plug ins folder, however after a server restart it never shows up in my plugins list.  Other plugins that I download show up fine. If you could help that would be awesome, because I grabbed emby premier specifically for this plug in because it is exactly what I'm looking for.

SkittyBear

Plugin version? Emby version? Plugin folder path? Operating System?

Plugin version 1.1.4
Emby Version 4.7.13.0
Plugin Folder PAth C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\plugins
OS Windows 10

SkittyBear

Just tested on the beta build and can confirm it worked there, I wasn't paying attention to the emby version in the folder download, my bad. Awesome plug in.

Edited by SkittyBear
  • Like 1

ITGuy1024
14 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Strange.! Did you go back in time to play "Clarissa Explains" (aka Pseudotv)? Because the live timeline has you at "step by step".

I've never seen this happen before. Was it a live or a archive channel?

It happens with live and archive channels. 

I didn't go back in time to play. 

pünktchen
21 minutes ago, ITGuy1024 said:

It happens with live and archive channels. 

I didn't go back in time to play. 

Send me a new log that isn't cut off and maybe i can see what's going on.

pünktchen

In the plugins playback settings change the container of the playlist intro video to ts instead of mp4.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

ITGuy1024
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

In the plugins playback settings change the container of the playlist intro video to ts instead of mp4.

Perfect thanks

2 hours ago, stardestroyers said:

New beta of emby (4.8.0.40),  the plugin does not allow to edit folders.

image.png.0c92dc5264dadbbdb536ac4bd32fbbd9.png

What happens when you try?

12 minutes ago, stardestroyers said:

Nothing does not appear the directory listing

Please attach the emby server log from when the problem occurred. Thanks.

pünktchen
5 hours ago, stardestroyers said:

New beta of emby (4.8.0.40),  the plugin does not allow to edit folders.

image.png.0c92dc5264dadbbdb536ac4bd32fbbd9.png

Please update the plugin to version 1.1.4

warrentc3
57 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Please update the plugin to version 1.1.4

Getting the same behavior and was already on 1.1.4

System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.User MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.IUserManager.GetUserByName(System.ReadOnlySpan`1<Char>)'.
at VirtualTV.Services.VirtualTVService.Get(GetUserFolders request)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req, Type serviceType)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: VirtualTV
TargetSite: System.Object Get(VirtualTV.Services.GetUserFolders)