VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

ellisd4
4 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Do you have multiple tabs/devices using the same account?

Do you mean using the same API key? Yes.  Since the last beta update to Apple TV I no longer have issues there, just web browser now. I really don’t watch anything there and it’s most likely something that will be corrected in coming updates. 

crusher11

It's been like this for ages, so I wouldn't expect an update to fix it. If you have multiple tabs open and start a channel, sometimes it starts playback in a different tab, and the active tab just shows that black video.

ellisd4
6 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

It's been like this for ages, so I wouldn't expect an update to fix it. If you have multiple tabs open and start a channel, sometimes it starts playback in a different tab, and the active tab just shows that black video.

Oh I see what you mean… no I do not. I will say that I’ve noticed with the latest beta that all content, regardless of the source, starts with the 60 second black screen, usually only stays on for 1-2 seconds and then the real content plays. Happens on all devices I have. Most likely what’s happening here and not plug-in related. 🙂

Flippz

When i try to download the m3u file from this url:

http://192.168.1.128:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Channels?StreamType=Universal&RealLiveTv=true&User=XXXXX&Pass=XXXXX&Device=XXXXX&Token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

all i get is:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have done a reinstall from backup if that has anything to do with it?

Any help?

pünktchen
2 hours ago, Flippz said:

When i try to download the m3u file from this url:

http://192.168.1.128:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Channels?StreamType=Universal&RealLiveTv=true&User=XXXXX&Pass=XXXXX&Device=XXXXX&Token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

all i get is:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have done a reinstall from backup if that has anything to do with it?

Any help?

Do you have any channels (real tv or virtual tv) without a name?

Flippz

No i just checked that and every channel has got a name both live and real...

Is there any other way to find the channel url? The old ones i have the address for still work but iv added a few new ones and cant get the address for them because of this error

Edited by Flippz

Ninko

Does this work when watching from a mobile web browser? I just get a blank screen.

pünktchen
33 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Does this work when watching from a mobile web browser? I just get a blank screen.

The browser shouldn't be a problem. Mobile network or WLAN?

Ninko

WLAN, Chrome on Android tablet. Works fine in the actual emby app.

Ninko

It loads a blank screen for 1 minute then loads another blank screen for a minute, and so on.

pünktchen

Works fine for me also in Chrome on my smartphone. You could try it again after logout from Emby in your browser. But in the end, as long as the app is working i would not care.

pünktchen
Just now, Ninko said:

It loads a blank screen for 1 minute

That happens if the plugin gets the wrong or no user session reported by the server. The plugin doesn't know where it has to send the videos to.

pünktchen
On 4/30/2023 at 2:37 PM, crusher11 said:

@Ninko

ellisd4
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

I know what you’re talking about here.. this is different. This just started for me on the latest betas. It seems to try to cache 1 minute of everything, even without virtual tv.  However, with virtual channels the stream never starts. It just loads a black screen for 1 minute over and over.  I just gave up watching virtual channels on browser until the beta becomes stable and the issues can be nailed down. 

Ninko
6 hours ago, ellisd4 said:

I know what you’re talking about here.. this is different. This just started for me on the latest betas. It seems to try to cache 1 minute of everything, even without virtual tv.  However, with virtual channels the stream never starts. It just loads a black screen for 1 minute over and over.  I just gave up watching virtual channels on browser until the beta becomes stable and the issues can be nailed down. 

I'm actually using the latest stable release, no beta versions.

Ninko

Just discovered it doesn't work on Roku either. When you start the channel it crashes the Emby app and sends you to the Roku home screen.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Ninko said:

Just discovered it doesn't work on Roku either. When you start the channel it crashes the Emby app and sends you to the Roku home screen.

Roku is a different problem. Under plugin playback options, change the playlist intro video to "ts".

Ninko
5 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Roku is a different problem. Under plugin playback options, change the playlist intro video to "ts".

Done that, and although it's stopped it crashing, it now has the same problem the browser does, so still not working.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Ninko said:

Done that, and although it's stopped it crashing, it now has the same problem the browser does, so still not working.

Are the Roku and your Emby server within the same network?

Ninko

No, this is a remote connection.

Playing things without virtual TV works fine.

pünktchen
4 minutes ago, Ninko said:

No, this is a remote connection.

This will not work with a Roku and the plugin if set to Playlist Playback mode. In any other Emby app, with the button at the top right that looks like a wireless symbol, try to play something on the Roku. It won't work if the Roku and the server are in different networks. It's a "security" feature by Roku. Or should i say limitation?

Ninko

Right... In that case I don't think this plugin is going to fit my needs then.

Thanks for your help though.

Cigoler

Is the plugin actually transcoding/playing stuff in the background all the time? Or is it just a bit of smoke and mirrors? I hope it's the latter for performance and my hardware sake but just wondering? Very cool though - I remember there used to be something similar for Windows Home Theatre (i think it was anyway).