VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen
2 hours ago, MarkE2794 said:

your talking about the options likes years, genres, tags, actors, etc, right i have, i have the years, all shows which are seperated the "|" , and 2 genres. Can you space between "|" or is it all just one word then seperated by "|" Like " LengendofZelda| or Legend of Zelda|"?

If the title has spaces you have to use them also in the input fields. What have you put into the genre condition?

Side note: all videos need to have a runtime, so strm files are not really supported.

MarkE2794

this what i put for genre Anime&&Animation and do you use folder name or how it comes up in emby

Edited by MarkE2794

pünktchen

this what i put for genre Anime&&Animation

That means your items always have to have both genre. I guess what you want is either Anime or Animation or both. So it has to be Anime||Animation.

do you use folder name or how it comes up in emby

I don't quit understand. Please use Google translate to rephrase your question.

Junglejim
3 hours ago, MarkE2794 said:

I mean do you use the name of folder the show is in or do we use the name emby scrapes and uses ( IMDB,TVDB,MOVIEDB,etc.)

Use Emby's scraped library name ( tvdb, tmdb etc..).

Junglejim

is there a limit to how many shows can be on a channel

I'm not sure what you mean here. As long as you add one channel rule (tags, genre, studio etc.) VirtualTV will do it's best to shuffle all shows if that's how you have it setup. I use most of the other channel rules to filter the list (exclude/include). If you find channels have double listings just get creative and exclude what you don't want.

You can also filter on a single rule (genre) for Sci-fi TV: = "Science Fiction&&!Horror&&!Animation&&!Comedy&&!Anime". This is because I have other channels that include the excluded content.

Edited by Junglejim

MarkE2794

sorry i know i said one last question but what does this mean "The folder has to reside in a Home Videos & Photos library and is not tied  to user access settings." its for the commercials and bumpers do i have to have another library made for it, or is it fine to just be in a Video folder Like C:/User/steve/Videos/Commercials?

PuffyToesToo

Hi one last question is there a way to add movies and tv shows into the same channel?

Yes,  just choose MixedContent under "Channel Content Type".

PuffyToesToo

The folder where you store your commercial or bumpers must either be included in an existing library, or you will need to create a new library that has this folder in it. The content type for commercials and bumpers has to be Home Videos & Photos and cannot be limited to access by just one user. 

Screenshot2023-09-25094052.png.9fd63e4f0750404e1c7870985839a6bf.png

Wanting to give this plugin a try, but I can't get it to show up in my server dashboard. I've moved the .dll to the below folder and restarted the server. It doesn't show up under plugins, or in the left column (like what I'm seeing in screenshots.) What am I missing?

Plugin version: 1.1.3
Emby Version: 4.7.14.0
Plugin Folder Path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\plugins

Could the fact that my server still uses "MediaBrowser-Server" as opposed to "Emby-Server" have anything to do with it? Yes, I have been using the same server for Emby since about 2012 when it was a WMC plugin called Media Browser...  i7 3770K still going strong!

Edited by kmanus

pünktchen
4 hours ago, kmanus said:

Could the fact that my server still uses "MediaBrowser-Server"

I don't think so. Please make sure you've downloaded the correct plugin for your server version.

6 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I don't think so. Please make sure you've downloaded the correct plugin for your server version.

That looks correct to me unless I'm missing something.

pünktchen
2 minutes ago, kmanus said:

That looks correct to me unless I'm missing something.

Yes, that's correct.
Is there an additional folder "C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server"? If not, please attach or send me the server log file!

59 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Yes, that's correct.
Is there an additional folder "C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server"? If not, please attach or send me the server log file!

Actually got it working. I downloaded two versions of the plugin and mistakenly moved the incorrect version of the plugin to the folder. Thanks! 

feerlessleadr

I'm having an issue where mixed content are not being sorted the way I would expect. I have the sort order set by premiere date ascending, and here is what I would expect based on each TV/Movie metadata in emby:

Premiere Time: 3pm

• Stargate (Movie)
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 - S07 (E01, E02, etc.)
  • Then alternate between SG1 S08, S09, S10 & Atlantis S01, S02, S03 as they aired back to back every Friday
  • Stargate Atlantis S04
  • Stargate Ark of Truth (Movie) 
  • Stargate Atlantis S05
  • Stargate Continuum (Movie)
  • Stargate Universe S01 - S03

However, when I look at the guide, it goes like this:

• Stargate (Movie)
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 E01
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 E02
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 E03
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 E04
  • Stargate Ark of Truth (Movie)
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 E05
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 E06
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 E07
  • Stargate Continuum (Movie)
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 E08
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 E09
  • Stargate Sg1 S01 E10
  • Stargate (Movie)

From there, it just repeats where after every 3rd episode the Stargate movies will play again. 

I think the issue is the below setting (Mixed Content Interleaving), since a movie is always inserted after every 3rd episode, but I'm unable to figure out how to actually edit these settings. Any ideas? Thanks

image.png.b49f8ea037cd326b605925b451b8bc96.png

Jack Burton

Loving the plugin so far. Just a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to loop each channel when the playlist ends? For example, I have a channel that has enough media to last a week, so if I set the guide to refresh after a few days or a week shorter channels are just empty. Or otherwise, can a channel be set to not get refreshed? I'd like to set the refresh daily or every couple days but I find 2 issues with this: Random channels seem to play the same handful of shows after refresh, and channels set to air in order get reset to the beginning. 

2. A long time ago I played around with theme videos, so some of my older media has these in the folders. Seems that movie channels will play random theme videos instead of the film it's supposed to be. If there's a fix or an easy way to delete these files without going through 2k+ folders would be great.

ellisd4
On 9/29/2023 at 6:41 AM, Jack Burton said:

2. A long time ago I played around with theme videos, so some of my older media has these in the folders. Seems that movie channels will play random theme videos instead of the film it's supposed to be. If there's a fix or an easy way to delete these files without going through 2k+ folders would be great.

I'm guessing most theme songs are pretty short, so why not use the "*Minimum runtime (Minutes)" filter?  That seems like it might work. :) 

• Like 1

Jack Burton
12 hours ago, ellisd4 said:

I'm guessing most theme songs are pretty short, so why not use the "*Minimum runtime (Minutes)" filter?  That seems like it might work. :) 

Genius!

• 2 weeks later...
slamthedoor

I love this VirtualTV plugin and my family gets a lot of use and enjoyment out of it. It's become the main reason we use Emby. Thanks pünktchen. 

I'm confused about why my schedule runs out. "Number of days of guide data to download" is "14". Refresh Guide task runs three times a week (S,W,F). "Suspend creation of new program data..." is set to 90 hours. My channels are set to sort by "ordered episodes". 

I get two key issues. One is that the guide data runs out (see image) and I'm not sure why. I think with my settings and content this should never happen. 

My second issue was happening if my "Suspend creation..." setting was low or 0. It appeared that the schedule would frequently reset and whenever I tuned in live, it would be in early episodes of the ordering. 

So, I'm unsure of how frequently I should want the VirtualTV guide to refresh. It appears that the quantity of content on a channel is important. How do I know what the best settings are for refresh and suspend?

image.thumb.png.77872ff201409224514690c6841d805b.png

djghost1133

Windows user here (4.8.051) on 1.1.4 but also had the same issues on 4.7.x on 1.1.3

Not sure if anyone else has this but after a reload of the webpage/emby theater page anything I've entered disappears. Under the channel section i'm also unable to select user. After i added the api key and filled out everything in export options and reloaded the page none of the dropdowns work anymore and everything is empty. I do see that it was written to the xml configuration though...weird. Before anyone asks yes I did delete the old config before upgrading. 

pünktchen
5 hours ago, slamthedoor said:

I'm confused about why my schedule runs out. "Number of days of guide data to download" is "14". Refresh Guide task runs three times a week (S,W,F). "Suspend creation of new program data..." is set to 90 hours. My channels are set to sort by "ordered episodes". 

I get two key issues. One is that the guide data runs out (see image) and I'm not sure why. I think with my settings and content this should never happen.

This is how it works currently: When the guide refresh happens the plugin calculates the duration between the current time and the last guide refresh time. If that duration is greater than what is set in the plugin for "Suspend ...", then new guide data will be created. In your example the biggest gap is between Sunday and Wednesday with 72 hours. So you should set "Suspend ..." to 72 or less.

5 hours ago, slamthedoor said:

My second issue was happening if my "Suspend creation..." setting was low or 0. It appeared that the schedule would frequently reset and whenever I tuned in live, it would be in early episodes of the ordering.

That is the normal behaviour with "ordered episodes" when a guide refresh takes place.

I plan to change all this, so that new guide data for a channel will only be created if that channel runs empty. Other channels that still have program data will be skipped.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

pünktchen
1 hour ago, djghost1133 said:

Windows user here (4.8.051) on 1.1.4 but also had the same issues on 4.7.x on 1.1.3

Not sure if anyone else has this but after a reload of the webpage/emby theater page anything I've entered disappears. Under the channel section i'm also unable to select user. After i added the api key and filled out everything in export options and reloaded the page none of the dropdowns work anymore and everything is empty. I do see that it was written to the xml configuration though...weird. Before anyone asks yes I did delete the old config before upgrading. 

Did you clear the browser cache? Otherwise when at the config page, hit F12 to open the browser console. Then reload the page and post any error that might occurs.

pünktchen
On 9/28/2023 at 11:14 PM, feerlessleadr said:

I'm having an issue where mixed content are not being sorted the way I would expect. I have the sort order set by premiere date ascending...

I admit I've never thought about your use case before and for sure what the plugin currently is doing is not what one would expect. I'll change this. But it will take some time, because there are also many other things i'd like to adress.

Edited by pünktchen
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1