VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

slamthedoor
16 hours ago, pünktchen said:

new guide data for a channel will only be created if that channel runs empty

I would love this feature. 

And thanks for your help above, pünktchen. You've helped resolve my confusion. 

• Agree 1

djghost1133
On 10/10/2023 at 5:30 PM, pünktchen said:

Did you clear the browser cache? Otherwise when at the config page, hit F12 to open the browser console. Then reload the page and post any error that might occurs.

I have cleared the browser cache

These are the errors i'm getting:

image.png.6391ad07a0e32325445336c0c1b9e838.png

image.png.c8ecfad20d70713e5b2681e215ca6dbe.png

pünktchen
37 minutes ago, djghost1133 said:

I have cleared the browser cache

These are the errors i'm getting:

Mmh, maybe you've entered some illegal character somewhere. Please pm me the config xml.

warrentc3

Maybe it's just me, but i think something in 4.8.0.52 broke the VirtualTV plugin config page in the UI.   All my channel configurations are showing as empty, despite the config xml still having all the proper info.

8 hours ago, warrentc3 said:

Maybe it's just me, but i think something in 4.8.0.52 broke the VirtualTV plugin config page in the UI.   All my channel configurations are showing as empty, despite the config xml still having all the proper info.

Hi, server log?

pünktchen
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, server log?

There's nothing in the log, but the browser console shows an error "TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'setAttribute')":image.png.490ab9c54929d0ab472287c57d3d0a89.png

I often use javascript "setAttribute" on DOM elements to change the styling of Emby class elements in the plugin configuration page. Never had any problem before Emby 4.8.0.52!

56 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

There's nothing in the log, but the browser console shows an error "TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'setAttribute')":image.png.490ab9c54929d0ab472287c57d3d0a89.png

I often use javascript "setAttribute" on DOM elements to change the styling of Emby class elements in the plugin configuration page. Never had any problem before Emby 4.8.0.52!

This means the element that you're trying to call setAttribute on is null.

pünktchen
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

This means the element that you're trying to call setAttribute on is null.

I know what it means, but i don't know why it happens now with the latest and i don't know how to solve it.

3 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I know what it means, but i don't know why it happens now with the latest and i don't know how to solve it.

How did you get a hold of the element?

warrentc3
4 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

must be something with "General performance improvements"

pünktchen
32 minutes ago, Luke said:

How did you get a hold of the element?

That's it! You've removed the ids of all Emby elements and i have to use class names now 😕

14 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

That's it! You've removed the ids of all Emby elements and i have to use class names now 😕

Which one were you trying to get?

26 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

#expandButton

OK, this id was actually there erroneously. It was being added to every single emby-collapse, therefore creating multiple elements with the same id. We really shouldn't have any elements using id's. The ones that are there were added years ago and anytime I see one I remove it. I would do all of your selection using class names.

crusher11
On 10/11/2023 at 5:25 AM, pünktchen said:

I plan to change all this, so that new guide data for a channel will only be created if that channel runs empty. Other channels that still have program data will be skipped.

Is that only for ordered channels, or for random channels as well? 

hstamas
On 10/10/2023 at 5:25 PM, pünktchen said:

This is how it works currently: When the guide refresh happens the plugin calculates the duration between the current time and the last guide refresh time. If that duration is greater than what is set in the plugin for "Suspend ...", then new guide data will be created. In your example the biggest gap is between Sunday and Wednesday with 72 hours. So you should set "Suspend ..." to 72 or less.

That is the normal behaviour with "ordered episodes" when a guide refresh takes place.

I plan to change all this, so that new guide data for a channel will only be created if that channel runs empty. Other channels that still have program data will be skipped.

Yes please make that change! I too struggle with guide data running out and the refresh resets my ordered episodes so that I am constantly watching only early episodes of ordered shows. 

• Agree 1

pünktchen
48 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Just for confirmation, which of the 4 playback modes work with Roku remotely?

Thanks

Both "Continous" should work.

9 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Both "Continous" should work.

Thanks.

And because of how Roku works there's no chance of any kind of workaround you can think of in order to use Playlist modes?

pünktchen
2 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Thanks.

And because of how Roku works there's no chance of any kind of workaround you can think of in order to use Playlist modes?

Yes, but a new playback mode is in the works that will also directly play the library videos. But do not expect too much of the first implementation. It will miss some other important features.

37 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Yes, but a new playback mode is in the works that will also directly play the library videos. But do not expect too much of the first implementation. It will miss some other important features.

Sounds good.

That's fine, Rome wasn't built in a day!

I appreciate the time and effect, thanks.

kjhedges

I am running Linux Version 4.8.0.53 beta and downloaded this plugin. VirtualTV.1.1.4_Emby.4.8.38.zip

None of the options drop down menus work. This also then throws the only virtualtv log reference

2023-10-16 15:24:26.813 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.53
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 6.2.0-34-generic (buildd@bos03-amd64-059) (x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc-11 (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubunt
	Framework: .NET 6.0.20
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.FormatException: System.FormatException: String '' was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
	   at System.DateTime.ParseExact(String s, String format, IFormatProvider provider)
	   at VirtualTV.Configuration.VirtualChannel.get_PrimetimeTicks()
	   at _GetProperty[T]_PrimetimeTicks_(VirtualChannel )
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Common.WriteType`2.WriteProperties(TextWriter writer, Object instance) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Common/WriteType.cs:line 428
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Common.WriteListsOfElements`2.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<.cctor>b__0(TextWriter writer, Object obj) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Common/WriteLists.cs:line 232
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Common.WriteListsOfElements`2.WriteGenericArrayMultiDimension(TextWriter writer, Array array, Int32 rank, Int32[] indices) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Common/WriteLists.cs:line 367
	   at ServiceStack.Text.Common.WriteType`2.WriteProperties(TextWriter writer, Object instance) in /home/runner/work/ServiceStack/ServiceStack/ServiceStack.Text/src/ServiceStack.Text/Common/WriteType.cs:line 453
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.SerializeToSpan(Object obj)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.ToOptimizedResultInternal[T](IRequest request, T dto, IDictionary`2 responseHeaders)
	   at Emby.Api.PluginService.Get(GetPluginConfiguration request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req, Type serviceType)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, IStreamHelper streamHelper, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: System.DateTime ParseExact(System.String, System.String, System.IFormatProvider)

Does this plugin work with the latest emby beta version, or am I missing something in setup?

pünktchen
14 minutes ago, kjhedges said:

Does this plugin work with the latest emby beta version, or am I missing something in setup?

Not yet. I'll release a new version later today or tomorrow.

• Like 4

I don't know if it's even possible, but when you have video with 2 audio tracks, one stereo and the other 5.1 surround, could an option be added so that it always uses the stereo track?

Thanks

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Ninko said:

I don't know if it's even possible, but when you have video with 2 audio tracks, one stereo and the other 5.1 surround, could an option be added so that it always uses the stereo track?

Thanks

That's not possible, because Emby chooses the default audio track. A plugin can't do that. So either create or search for an existing feature request to set the desired audio quality in Emby or do change the default track of your files.