VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

egadgetkids

I am running 4.7.11 version of Emby Server for Windows, and your 4.7 plugin (not 4.5 or 4.6) - I triple-checked...

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, egadgetkids said:

I am running 4.7.11 version of Emby Server for Windows, and your 4.7 plugin

Just for reference, under same setup: tested on my own install with only two shows in Always include and all other rules void - working as expected, channel populating with those two shows only. 

pünktchen
8 minutes ago, egadgetkids said:

I can definitely get the plugin to populate every show to the channel guide from the media folder by putting an asterisk in the Always Include field.  That works, no problem.

But if I try to populate a specific show title, even one show (I've narrowed down from trying 3 to just 1 for testing...), then that's when things break.  I even tried a one-word show title... no luck.

Next, I tried switching the content type to Movies, and then entered a one-word movie title in the Always Include field... this did not work either.

I'll take a look at it. Maybe it's a bug.

egadgetkids
6 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Just for reference, under same setup: tested on my own install with only two shows in Always include and all other rules void - working as expected, channel populating with those two shows only. 

Thank you for helping to rule this out.  Your shows... titles are not in quotations or anything... right?  Just title names, example: Lost in Space|Survivor

egadgetkids
2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I'll take a look at it. Maybe it's a bug.

Thanks.  I'll also report back.  This is a new install of Emby.  I have no problem uninstalling everything and reinstalling fresh, then testing again...

GrimReaper
Just now, egadgetkids said:

Your shows... titles are not in quotations or anything... right?

Nothing, plain titles: see | bosch, didn't even capitalize. 

egadgetkids
1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

Nothing, plain titles: see | bosch, didn't even capitalize. 

You have a space between your show titles and the pipe ( | ) - correct?  Lost in Space | Survivor (not Lost in Space|Survivor) - not sure if that matters

GrimReaper
15 minutes ago, egadgetkids said:

You have a space between your show titles and the pipe ( | ) - correct?  Lost in Space | Survivor (not Lost in Space|Survivor)

I always put space, tested now with: you|servant (no spaces) - same result.

Edit: Screens:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Edited by GrimReaper
Screenshots
  • Thanks 1

warrentc3

Gonna chime in here.  Some behavior has definitely been changed in a recent point release.  I just upgraded to 1.1.3 from 1.1.2 and a lot of my existing channels had a number of issues with guide data generation.

Some of my channels where it was set to just "Always Include..." didn't work.  The "Always include" was the only rule I had set.  I added an asterisk to "Genre" and that seemed to resolve those.

However, I do still have a lingering issue with one of my channels.  There is only one rule set and it's for a specific tag.  The source library folder is a single folder that contains mixed content.  I only have certain movies with the requisite tag applied.  The guide data generation fails to find any items, regardless of setting the "Channel Content Type" to Movies or MixedContent.  This channel was working in earlier versions of VTV. 

• Thanks 1

pünktchen
13 minutes ago, warrentc3 said:

However, I do still have a lingering issue with one of my channels.  There is only one rule set and it's for a specific tag.  The source library folder is a single folder that contains mixed content.  I only have certain movies with the requisite tag applied.  The guide data generation fails to find any items, regardless of setting the "Channel Content Type" to Movies or MixedContent.  This channel was working in earlier versions of VTV.

I did not touch any movie rule in version 1.1.3.

warrentc3
Just now, pünktchen said:

I did not touch any movie rule in version 1.1.3.

Ok, well...  not sure what to say.  It used to work. Not sure what's going on.  I guess I could split out the mixed content library folder configuration to the separate movies & tv shows child folders and see if that fixes it.

pünktchen
4 minutes ago, warrentc3 said:

It used to work. Not sure what's going on.

Beta server?

warrentc3
2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Beta server?

On 4.7.11 server and was on 1.1.2 until this week.  I will say that the channels started misbehaving last week after an apt update && apt upgrade -y && reboot.

Maybe some dependent package was updated?

pünktchen
2 minutes ago, warrentc3 said:

Maybe some dependent package was updated?

All plugin dependencies are provided by the Emby server itself.

egadgetkids
1 hour ago, egadgetkids said:

Thanks.  I'll also report back.  This is a new install of Emby.  I have no problem uninstalling everything and reinstalling fresh, then testing again...

I just tested again with a fresh install and then again with the portable version 4.7.11 for Windows.  I even narrowed down my Media library to one show/season, just to simplify (and prevent Emby from taking forever to scan a larger media set).

Neither of these instances populated Guide programming for my test channel...  I suspect something is angry...  Do you want any log data?

Edited by egadgetkids

andrewds

Adding on with a couple of examples of working config for me:

2.thumb.png.9ad4be65ef93701743f85e1cf3380f2f.png

3.thumb.png.5202684c76a55258339de7968377f2e3.png

1.PNG.7b7df70c53f466441732918f76787cd1.PNG

editing to include screenshot showing virtualtv dll version

Edited by andrewds

AaronClarke

For what its, worth... I have tested this. I have created a test channel to only show 3 specific TV Shows using this rule and it works... The Channel Guide only contains the shows I have specified...

image.thumb.png.1379061f579efa6f8a1e173bfa73c14d.png

image.png.bd811dec8968bf45cbdfbdff891f2725.png

image.png.b7443672c78bfa4f9a2f98521bf1100b.png

egadgetkids

Thanks all.  Glad it's working for some.  I would encourage those who can to test a fresh installation to see if you develop the same issues I did.

In the meantime, I have decided to retire my own efforts for now.

hstamas

@pünktchenif you ever feel like it’s time to expand the feature set of VirtualTV here’s a suggestion!

I like to keep an instance of Plex running just to mess around with things and use ErsatzTV as my VirtualTV alternative. One really cool feature is alternate schedules. Basically you can use it to schedule programming or subsets of programming based on alternate days/weeks/months. In my case I use it to play episodes of House Hunters only on weekends. Pretty cool.

AaronClarke
13 hours ago, hstamas said:

@pünktchenif you ever feel like it’s time to expand the feature set of VirtualTV here’s a suggestion!

I like to keep an instance of Plex running just to mess around with things and use ErsatzTV as my VirtualTV alternative. One really cool feature is alternate schedules. Basically you can use it to schedule programming or subsets of programming based on alternate days/weeks/months. In my case I use it to play episodes of House Hunters only on weekends. Pretty cool.

Another Feature I would like to see it to be able to dictate what time a channel starts showing content... i.e.. I had a Horror channel but the wife wasn't happy that the kids could view it on the main TV during the day. Would be hand to be able to tell a channel only to show programs between certain times... e.g 9pm - 3am

crusher11
On 3/11/2023 at 12:23 PM, crusher11 said:

Not sure if this relates to the issues @egadgetkidsis having, but I just tried to set up two new channels and the library folders wouldn't populate:

Screenshot 2023-03-11 12.20.08.png

@pünktchennot sure if you've seen this? Library folders populate just fine for my existing channels, but don't appear when setting up new channels (or editing those new channels once set up).

roaku
28 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

@pünktchennot sure if you've seen this? Library folders populate just fine for my existing channels, but don't appear when setting up new channels (or editing those new channels once set up).

Sounds like this:

pünktchen
2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I've seen this, but i don't have an answer. Have you ever successfully created new channels after installation of the last plugin version?