VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

PuffyToesToo
18 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Normally every guide refresh triggers creation of new program data in the plugin. With that setting you can prevent this. Lets say you define 168 hours, it will take 7 days after the next guide refresh until new program data is generated. You can then even refresh the guide multiple times a day within that timespan, but the program for virtual tv will not change.

Ah! Good to know, thank you!

pünktchen
8 minutes ago, psycoticinsane said:

where can i download this? all three links in the main post say unavailable

Must be your browser then or something other that is blocking the download.

• Like 1

PaulE123

Hi all, a few questions if I may?

I have the VirtualTV plugin installed there, and seemingly working away for what I need it to do. 

So I have a new "Live TV" icon on my Emby homescreen, and within this, is the sole show I've added to VirtualTV for now....great. I have VirtualTV playback method set as "Playlist Archive", because I don't want TV shows playing when they're not needed, and I'd rather watch episodes from the start....so when I click into the show, it plays the random episode from the start of the episode, is that correct? 

However, the same episode seems to be set any time I go into "Live TV"...does this change after a predetermined or even configurable time? It'd be nice to see a random episode selected for viewing every time I went into Live TV...

EDIT - Also, is it possible to add a custom image to the new Live TV box on my Emby homescreen (within My Media)? I've tried adding an image several ways/times, but it remains blank/empty...

Edited by PaulE123

pünktchen
24 minutes ago, PaulE123 said:

"Playlist Archive"... so when I click into the show, it plays the random episode from the start of the episode, is that correct? 

Yes.

25 minutes ago, PaulE123 said:

However, the same episode seems to be set any time I go into "Live TV"...does this change after a predetermined or even configurable time? It'd be nice to see a random episode selected for viewing every time I went into Live TV

The shows only change with a guide refresh. That is the whole purpose of the plugin - to mimic live tv. If you look at the program of lets say ABC at 8.00 PM it will still be the same at 8.01 PM.

Hey, sorry if this as been asked before but i have just downloaded your plugin and absolutely loving it, how ever i would like to know if there is a way to get my custom Guide data file to be used on the emby live tv ? as all i have is emby defaulted data guides that doesnt match to anything.  

16 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Run the Refresh Guide task to populate your virtual tv channels and program data.

i have tried that and the refresh only go to 15% and doesnt do anymore, do you no how long it would roughly take to refresh ? and if i can get it to finish a refresh would that then populate a live tv channel guide within embys live tv tab ?

pünktchen

It depends on the number of channels and the size of your library, but normally under one minute. Are you able to stop the refresh guide task or do you have to restart Emby?

i have only started with 1 channel first to try it out and already loving it lol but no i cant stop it i have to restart emby to get it to stop

omg i have found out why it was messing me around, i didnt place a channel number and didnt tick the box to  "Export of this Channel" 

oh now i feel stupid haha 

thank you @pünktchen

pünktchen

Oh you don't need to enable the export option when you only have Emby clients. But a missing channel number shouldn't produce an infinite loop. That must be a bug then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
pünktchen
14 hours ago, Jbrock25 said:

If I leave "Always include these named movies or tv shows:" blank I do not get EPG. Is there something I am doing wrong?

If you don't have set any other condition, then this is the correct behaviour. In other words: without any condition - no guide data.

Jbrock25
4 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

If you don't have set any other condition, then this is the correct behaviour. In other words: without any condition - no guide data.

Now I feel like a idiot, with that statement I realized that all I had to do was add a * to that field and it would recognize all the media in the selected folder.

jblaze12
34 minutes ago, Jbrock25 said:

Now I feel like a idiot, with that statement I realized that all I had to do was add a * to that field and it would recognize all the media in the selected folder.

Asked question, got simple answer, feel dumb but got a solution? Welcome to the club! This plugin is so great, I don't mind feeling dumb sometimes!

Admin5859

I'm still not loading the guide on Firestick, but it does load using the Emby web app.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I've noticed that Pluto TV will populate the live tv guide, but Samsung TV Plus does not, which is what I'd prefer to use, nor does VirtualTV.  With both Samsung TV Plus and VirtualTV, the "On Now" section does display the currently running shows, but the actual guide is blank.  Possibly this is all related to using the Firestick as the web app and my PC do correctly fill in the TV guide for everything.  

pünktchen
15 minutes ago, Admin5859 said:

I'm still not loading the guide on Firestick

Are you talking about the live tv guide inside the Emby app for Amazon devices or about the live tv guide of the Fire TV OS? If the latter, then that is not plugin related. The Emby app would have to support it to make it's own tv guide visible to the Fire TV OS. @ebr

EdBarnes

Can Virtual TV add references to Playlists, Collections, and/or allow selection by Genre, when selecting sources for tv shows?  Also, bumpers selection should support the same references as well.

pünktchen

@EdBarnes

It looks like I have to create a library with my holiday tv shows in it.  (instead of just having all my TV shows together)

Why do think that is necessary?

Also my Music Video's would have to be moved to my pictures directory ( That is what Virtual TV says)

Where does it say that and what do you want to do with your music videos?

Can Virtual TV add references to Playlists, Collections ...?

Some day maybe.

... allow selection by Genre, when selecting sources for tv shows?

A genre filter is already there!

Also, bumpers selection should support the same references as well.

If you mean bumpers should have the same conditions like movies or tv shows, no that will not happen!

• 2 weeks later...
PaulE123

So I have this working perfectly for one channel, for a specific tv show. I wanted to add a second channel for the different tv show, so went ahead and copied all of the settings from channel 1, to channel 2 (changing the nexessary bits like the tag for what show to use etc)....and it works, sort of. The channel shows up alongside the existing working one, but there's no metadata, no tv show info, no artwork, no episode name, nothing....if I hit the play button, it'll play a random episode from the correct show, but I just can't get it to scrape and display metadata. I've refreshed the guide etc, restarted the emby docker too....nothing....