VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

home04277

Hello,

i found this Question already in this thread unfortunately not the answer.

I just installed VirtualTV 1.1.2 on Emby which is running on my Synology Diskstation. I put the file in the plugin Folder, gave correct permissions and i can see the Plugin in the UI but i cannot choose Library Folders. What i am doing wrong here?

image.png.9bfcc295b607285a5b606737ae6f644a.png

Any help is much appreciated.

embyserver.txt

roaku
23 minutes ago, home04277 said:

Hello,

i found this Question already in this thread unfortunately not the answer.

I just installed VirtualTV 1.1.2 on Emby which is running on my Synology Diskstation. I put the file in the plugin Folder, gave correct permissions and i can see the Plugin in the UI but i cannot choose Library Folders. What i am doing wrong here?

image.png.9bfcc295b607285a5b606737ae6f644a.png

Any help is much appreciated.

embyserver.txt 55.18 kB · 1 download

As a test, try setting the 'emby_remote' user's library access to all libraries, then come back to this screen in VirtualTV.

PuffyToesToo

I don't know if it will help, but when this has happened to me before, generating a new API key has always worked.

b0dyr0ck2006
On 04/10/2022 at 15:23, pünktchen said:

As a test i would remove the "Genre" condition and use "Min. Runtime" with 5 minutes. It's just to see if the plugin finds your documentaries at all.

As you can see from the image, all other channels are fine, just the documentary's one. This channel I only want Docs to play

EDIT: 

So I deleted that channel and recreated it as channel 11 and it populated fine, using all the same settings as previously

Screenshot 2022-10-05 224354.png

Edited by b0dyr0ck2006
updated info

pünktchen
14 minutes ago, b0dyr0ck2006 said:

As you can see from the image, all other channels are fine, just the documentary's one. This channel I only want Docs to play

But did you test what i have suggested?

b0dyr0ck2006
8 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

But did you test what i have suggested?

Yes I did and it didnt make any difference, so i tried a different approach

pünktchen
29 minutes ago, b0dyr0ck2006 said:

Yes I did and it didnt make any difference

So your documentaries aren't recognized as movie or tv show. What is the Emby library content type for your docu library? Also please post a screenshot of the Emby details/info page of one item of your docu library.

b0dyr0ck2006
37 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

So your documentaries aren't recognized as movie or tv show. What is the Emby library content type for your docu library? Also please post a screenshot of the Emby details/info page of one item of your docu library.

Sorry, perhaps you missed my edit.

I decided that channel 4 didnt work for whatever reason and so tried creating a new channel, channel 11, using all the same formatting and options. I 'turned off' channel four and refreshed the guide and now the new documentary channel populates perfectly. very strange behaviour

Screenshot 2022-10-06 002218.png

pünktchen
18 minutes ago, b0dyr0ck2006 said:

very strange behaviour

Indeed! The main thing is it's working now for you.

• Like 1

home04277
13 hours ago, PuffyToesToo said:

I don't know if it will help, but when this has happened to me before, generating a new API key has always worked.

I tried multiple times but same. Not sure at which piece of Logs or Config i could look to see why it fails 

jblaze12

*EDIT UPDATE: I was able to get it working again by going to users/(username) then access and select "enable access to all libraries" not just selecting individual ones and it worked!

I deleted the xml and .dll and started over. Still the same blank guide issue. I've noticed this in the pic attached that the "Include Library Folders:" doesn't have any options.

In "/server/Live TV" emby when I see the channel I click on it and it says "guide data source" nothing. When I click the dropdown to Virtual TV it says its saved but when I double check it doesnt.

Thoughts?

vtv2.PNG

Edited by jblaze12
fix

pünktchen
1 hour ago, home04277 said:

Not sure at which piece of Logs or Config i could look to see why it fails 

I'm asuming you have some movie, tv show or mixed content library in Emby. With home videos & photos it will not work! Open the browser developer console with F12, then refresh the config page of the plugin. Are there errors in the console output?

pünktchen
26 minutes ago, jblaze12 said:

I was able to get it working again by going to users/(username) then access and select "enable access to all libraries" not just selecting individual ones and it worked!

So it's working now for you? (Editing posts is a bad idea to keep others up to date)

home04277

Yeah i got something, at least an error message:

Thats whats displayed when opened the Link:

http://192.168.50.24:8096/emby/VirtualTV/UserFolders?UserName=vtv&api_key=030c118507c248bea2c633950d7389c3
Could not resolve type with token 01000062 from typeref (expected class 'System.ReadOnlySpan`1' in assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51')

2.png

pünktchen

I'm referencing these assemblies in the plugin: 

<PropertyGroup>
  <TargetFramework>netstandard2.1</TargetFramework>
</PropertyGroup>

<ItemGroup>
  <PackageReference Include="mediabrowser.server.core" Version="4.7.0.32-beta" />
  <PackageReference Include="Microsoft.CSharp" Version="4.7.0" />
  <PackageReference Include="System.Memory" Version="4.5.5" />
</ItemGroup>

Should i target .NET 6 ?