VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen
1 hour ago, home04277 said:

I have one Big Library with dozens of TV Shows but i put them in separate Folders. How can i just include specific subfolders?

This should work if you've added those subfolders as seperate paths to your tv show library.

Junglejim
3 hours ago, home04277 said:

That works now! But is it normal that i just can choose the top level folder and not be more granular? I have one Big Library with dozens of TV Shows but i put them in separate Folders. How can i just include specific subfolders? I can Always include specific Shows but how to limit just to this?

Yea I have my TV library setup the same way. If I understand you correctly you want a channel of just "one" of those multiple shows in your TV library?

Apart from adding multiple paths to your TV show library as @pünktchen said you could narrow it down with rules (include, exclude, genre, studio etc.) these can also be &&, ||, ! or a combination.

But I think the best bet for a single show is just give it a "Tag" and use that in the rules section.

Edited by Junglejim

home04277

Thats something i cant do, it would ends up in to much work as i didnt sort by category, all TV Shows are in subfolders. What i wonder is when i use Always include i cannot exclude all others or i am wrong?

home04277
2 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Yea I have my TV library setup the same way. If I understand you correctly you want a channel of just "one" of those multiple shows in your TV library?

Apart from adding multiple paths to your TV show library as @pünktchen said you could narrow it down with rules (include, exclude, genre, studio etc.) these can also be &&, ||, ! or a combination.

But I think the best bet for a single show is just give it a "Tag" and use that in the rules section.

I have mutiple Series i want to use for one channel, lets call it crime and it shall only include german crime shows like this here:

When i do this its empty Channel. When i add Tag Crime then its overwritting this and include all Crime Shows

test1.PNG

pünktchen
2 hours ago, home04277 said:

When i do this its empty Channel. When i add Tag Crime then its overwritting this and include all Crime Shows

With the Tag Crime and it's overwriting - do Tatort, Polizeiruf and Derrick show up in the tv guide or are they still missing?

home04277

They show up in TV Guide but along with other Crime Shows 

Whats a little bit annoying is that once create a new Channel or do Changes on Channel and go to Server -> Live TV -> Refresh Program Guide it looks like all Channels get new mixed on Content Side and probably ongoing Sessions get interrupted. Can this be configured to just refresh one channel?

pünktchen

@home04277 did you make any progress? For me "Include only these..." as the only condition works without any problem. Maybe just pm me some screenshots from a Tatort episode details screen in Emby, Season and Series level and from the folder so i can try to replicate your issue.

home04277

Works for me now, i set up around 10 Channels which seems to be do what they should. Sorry for late response was very busy last days @pünktchen

Only concern i still have: when make a change all channels get new mixed instead of just the one i recently edited. So lets say you simply want to add a show for example and it changes then the other 10 channels doesnt make sense or?

Junglejim
13 hours ago, Flippz said:

Can u please explain the channel primetime a little bit more?

2022-10-21_19h16_41.png

I think it's how you can organize you channel schedule and what content gets interleaved at that point in time, (kids stuff in the morning/adult stuff later at night). I've never used it.

I could be totally wrong :)

That's how PseudoTV used to work but this is a different beast. @pünktchen will know for sure!

Edited by Junglejim

1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

I think it's how you can organize you channel schedule and what content gets interleaved at that point in time, (kids stuff in the morning/adult stuff later at night). I've never used it.

I could be totally wrong :)

That's how PseudoTV used to work but this is a different beast. @pünktchen will know for sure!

So how do you set it up to not use it? Isent it mandetory?

Junglejim
14 minutes ago, Flippz said:

So how do you set it up to not use it? Isent it mandetory?

Mandatory... I don't think so. As stated I've never used it (I just leave it at default) so my guess is as good as yours. ;)

Maybe it has something to do with when the channel refreshes.. Lets @pünktchen chime in on this one.

Most or the options in channel creation are optional, just pick the one you need (say.. tags/genre/network) then you can narrow that down with added combination of channel settings.

I just use tags for a couple of channels everything else is blank/nul. :)

Edited by Junglejim

On 17/08/2022 at 22:56, pünktchen said:

Ups, it seems remote connections are broken. I'll have a look at it, but probably not before next week.

I cant get it to work. It just fails when i run scheduled task Export VirtualTV

14 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Mandatory... I don't think so. As stated I've never used it (I just leave it at default) so my guess is as good as yours. ;)

Maybe it has something to do with when the channel refreshes.. Lets @pünktchen chime in on this one.

Most or the options in channel creation are optional, just pick the one you need (say.. tags/genre/network) then you can narrow that down with added combination of channel settings.

I just use tags for a couple of channels everything else is blank/nul. :)

Ok. Im not sure im getting the result i want. I just want to create a 24/7 channel showing one series continuously all seasons. and then start over once it reached the end.

Edited by Flippz

Junglejim
6 minutes ago, Flippz said:

Ok. Im not sure im getting the result i want. I just want to creaqte a 24/7 channel shoing one series continiusly all seasons. and then start over once it reached the end.

Ok, have you looked at the "Sort program by:" setting in Channel Preconditions and the relevant episodes in order info?

7 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Ok, have you looked at the "Sort program by:" setting in Channel Preconditions and the relevant episodes in order info?

It seems to work fine but im just not sure what happens when it reaches that time set there? Does it restart and start again from the beginning?

21 minutes ago, Flippz said:

If i set the url without https:// or http:// it does not fail. But the m3u generated also is without https:// or http:// so it does not work anyway.

Errorlog says:

System.Net.WebException: System.Net.WebException: No such host is known. (http:80)

Junglejim
14 minutes ago, Flippz said:

It seems to work fine but im just not sure what happens when it reaches that time set there? Does it restart and start again from the beginning?

I'm not sure about that, I've never used that setting. Maybe remove the scheduled task? or maybe set the "Maximum episodes" to something crazy like 1000? :)

Edited by Junglejim

1 hour ago, Junglejim said:

I'm not sure about that, I've never used that setting. Maybe remove the scheduled task? or maybe set the "Maximum episodes" to something crazy like 1000? :)

Yes that's what i did :) Will just watch it for a while and see what happens.

Thank you for your help

pünktchen
18 hours ago, Flippz said:

Can u please explain the channel primetime a little bit more?

2022-10-21_19h16_41.png

With your example, lets say you refresh the guide at 6 AM, one show of that channel will start exactly at 5 PM. But only on the day of the guide refresh and only for a channel with with some of the "Random..." sort options.

pünktchen
3 hours ago, Flippz said:

Do you want to use clients other than the Emby ones? If not, you don't need the export option at all. You can uncheck that for you all your channels then.

pünktchen
3 hours ago, Flippz said:

I just want to create a 24/7 channel showing one series continuously all seasons. and then start over once it reached the end.

Then you have to change the Emby live tv setting "Days to download guide data" to something other than auto.

31 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Do you want to use clients other than the Emby ones? If not, you don't need the export option at all. You can uncheck that for you all your channels then.

Yes i want to export to m3u file and watch in other apps. 

29 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Then you have to change the Emby live tv setting "Days to download guide data" to something other than auto.

Will this solve that problem? What happens when schedule for update Refresh Guide runs? Will it start from the given time i settings again?

Edited by Flippz

pünktchen
5 hours ago, Flippz said:

Yes i want to export to m3u file and watch in other apps. 

Okay, then try this version please: 
It's for Emby 4.7 and newer.

Edited by pünktchen
Removed attachement