VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

King_Col_Bundy
21 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Everytime you make changes to the channels other than the playback method, you have to run the refresh guide task to take affect.

I must have missed this super simple answer.. Thanks heaps mate!

pünktchen

Download the dll from the start post and put it under programdata\plugins of your Emby installation. Restart Emby. The plugins folder location is dependent of your OS of course.

• Like 1

cheeseboi
59 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Download the dll from the start post and put it under programdata\plugins of your Emby installation. Restart Emby. The plugins folder location is dependent of your OS of course.

I found out, after looking though me files, is there an detail guide to setup an channel am not the brightest. 

cheeseboi

I got an channel setup but when I play it, I get no playable items were found. Are you trying to play an empty folder.

cheeseboi
On 8/26/2022 at 11:12 PM, Junglejim said:

Hi guys, looking for some help. I'm new to the Live TV side of things with Emby. I installed the plugin (1.1.2.0 on Emby 4.7.6.0) and followed the instructions in the OP but I just can't seem to get this to work. I entered a apikey and made a couple of channels to test it out..

Screenshot_2022-08-27_13-25-42.thumb.png.e686a42decaa8fe9196c273b94c98af8.png

In the live TV settings setup the TV Sources is set to VirtualTV and the channels show up..

Screenshot_2022-08-27_13-31-51.thumb.png.65843538a31676260040804609aeb286.png

Screenshot_2022-08-27_13-32-15.thumb.png.3583686b1ae28bafd7ca14b04a29625e.png

I see no way to access live TV, I thought there would be Live TV thumb on the home screen or something. I'm probably missing something obvious here. :)

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm running emby from a docker if that makes a difference. Also are there any other plugins that VirtualTV needs?

Not a big deal really if I can't get it to work. It would be nice to play with but all good if it won't work for my setup. 😉

mind showing me your setup, can't seem to get my to work

PuffyToesToo
9 hours ago, cheeseboi said:

mind showing me your setup, can't seem to get my to work

If you post a screenshot of your channel setup, perhaps someone can point you in the right direction?

• Like 2

pünktchen
12 hours ago, cheeseboi said:

I got an channel setup but when I play it, I get no playable items were found. Are you trying to play an empty folder.

Is it an empty channel or has it programdata in the tv guide?

PuffyToesToo

Try clicking the box "*All channel rules have to be true", and if that doesn't work (don't forget to refresh your guide when you do), then also include the release date options (Release date newer/older than. Just enter minimum of like 1900, and maximum of 2050). These two things often work for me when a channel won't propagate.Then refresh your guide and see if that helps.

Edited by PuffyToesToo

cheeseboi
41 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

Try clicking the box "*All channel rules have to be true", and if that doesn't work (don't forget to refresh your guide when you do), then also include the release date options (Release date newer/older than. Just enter minimum of like 1900, and maximum of 2050). These two things often work for me when a channel won't propagate.Then refresh your guide and see if that helps.

That Fixed it, but only 1 of my channel works. My first channel works it's set has Channel Content Type: Movies. While my 2nd channel which set has MixedContent, only plays movies but not the shows

cheeseboi
12 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Looks good to me. Your tv shows in the "Special" library have the genre "Family"?

yeah

pünktchen

And all the episodes do have a premiered/release date? If not, you have remove the release date condition.

Are the tv episodes maybe just only strm files?

cheeseboi
10 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

And all the episodes do have a premiered/release date? If not, you have remove the release date condition.

Are the tv episodes maybe just only strm files?

the tv episodes are mp4 and mkv files, removed the release date condition and no changed

pünktchen

Mmh, you could enable debug logging in the plugin, refresh tv guide and pm me the Emby log.

b0dyr0ck2006

I’ve got this set up and running well, 8 of 9 channels are perfect. The one that doesn’t seem to propagate is a documentary tv channel. All the settings are the same working sets as others and in genre I’ve added ‘DocumentaryIIReality’ but just returning a blank channel on guide refresh. It’s got me stumped

jblaze12

@pünktchen

Would you mind taking a look at how bad I messed up my virtual tv setup? I was messing with trying to add a Halloween channel and created a new library and added those files tagged to the Halloween channel. Now it takes some time for the guide update (refresh) and when it does there is nothing (even the guide itself) is blank.

vtv.PNG

embyserver-63800430424.txt

cheeseboi
2 minutes ago, jblaze12 said:

@pünktchen

Would you mind taking a look at how bad I messed up my virtual tv setup? I was messing with trying to add a Halloween channel and created a new library and added those files tagged to the Halloween channel. Now it takes some time for the guide update (refresh) and when it does there is nothing (even the guide itself) is blank.

vtv.PNG

embyserver-63800430424.txt 907.34 kB · 0 downloads

am making an halloween channel too, got my movies to work along with the commericals just can't get my shows to work 

pünktchen
19 hours ago, b0dyr0ck2006 said:

I’ve got this set up and running well, 8 of 9 channels are perfect. The one that doesn’t seem to propagate is a documentary tv channel. All the settings are the same working sets as others and in genre I’ve added ‘DocumentaryIIReality’ but just returning a blank channel on guide refresh. It’s got me stumped

As a test i would remove the "Genre" condition and use "Min. Runtime" with 5 minutes. It's just to see if the plugin finds your documentaries at all.

pünktchen
8 hours ago, jblaze12 said:

Now it takes some time for the guide update (refresh) and when it does there is nothing (even the guide itself) is blank.

From the log i can only see the plugin doesn't find some of your channel images anymore. But normally this shouldn't prevent it from populating guide data.