VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

shinedou
Just now, pünktchen said:

@shinedou is there really only one single movie in your movie channel?

Yes. When I started I had more but in an attempt to determine if it was the actual movie causing the problem I limited it to just one and switched it to different ones a few times to test.

pünktchen

Your previous log doesn't tell me that much. Please set the Intro Video Container as "mp4" in the playback options of the plugin, enable Debug logging for the whole Emby server and try to play your movie channel in a browser. Then send me the log again please.

shinedou
28 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Your previous log doesn't tell me that much. Please set the Intro Video Container as "mp4" in the playback options of the plugin, enable Debug logging for the whole Emby server and try to play your movie channel in a browser. Then send me the log again please.

I attached the new log with emby debug and with mp4 set for the intro video. FYI, I have tried both ts and mp4 with same result.

Note: I didn't mention this earlier but in the web player the loop never stops like in the apps. It just keeps running so I have to stop it.

2_embyserverlog_failed movie channel.txt

pünktchen

I can reproduce your problem with only one single movie, but with very few movies it will probably also suffer from the same issue.
It's either the same or a similar problem that i've reported here: 

Your playlist session has these item ids: 245285|245285|245285|245285|245285|245285|245285
I'm telling the app to start playback with the second entry. But because all entries are the same, Emby removes all duplicates from the playlist. So only one entry remains, the first one.
But i was telling the app to start playback with the second entry that doesn't exist anymore now.

For a test, just add a * into the channel rule "Always include these named movies or tv shows". This will populate all your movies after a guide refresh and i'm pretty confident playback will work without problems.

shinedou
36 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I can reproduce your problem with only one single movie, but with very few movies it will probably also suffer from the same issue.
It's either the same or a similar problem that i've reported here: 

Your playlist session has these item ids: 245285|245285|245285|245285|245285|245285|245285
I'm telling the app to start playback with the second entry. But because all entries are the same, Emby removes all duplicates from the playlist. So only one entry remains, the first one.
But i was telling the app to start playback with the second entry that doesn't exist anymore now.

For a test, just add a * into the channel rule "Always include these named movies or tv shows". This will populate all your movies after a guide refresh and i'm pretty confident playback will work without problems.

OK removing the tag for that one movie and added the * into the channel rule "Always include these named movies or tv shows" works.

So I setup a channel with 4 movies and that worked also. I can't see ever going below that.

I am not sure now what got me going down this road of only having one movie to test. I know I started with 3 test movies and I was having problems.  Now it works with 2 movies as well.

Is this a probability thing where the less movies the higher the chance that the duplicates are deleted leaving the entry that the app tries to play is empty. If that make any sense.

What do you think the minimum is that would work without this issue ever appearing? 

Edited by shinedou

pünktchen
17 minutes ago, shinedou said:

Is this a probability thing where the less movies the higher the chance that the duplicates are deleted leaving the entry that the app tries to play is empty.

Yes.

17 minutes ago, shinedou said:

What do you think the minimum is that would work without this issue ever appearing? 

I really cannot answer this. But i think if the movie count fills a whole day, you are safe.

shinedou
10 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Yes.

I really cannot answer this. But i think if the movie count fills a whole day, you are safe.

Thanks for your support. Your help and this fantastic plugin are very much appreciated. 

• Agree 1

LakersFan
On 1/10/2022 at 3:38 PM, pünktchen said:

That doesn't matter. Swagger cannot interpret "content-type: application/x-mpegurl", only txt, json and xml.

Currently it is what it is. In my case it's still working fine, because my proxy is redirecting to https. I'll try to make it a little bit more intelligent for the next release.

Can you be a little more specific in what does not work in Tivimate? Channel list, guide data or playback? PM me the Emby log maybe.
Anyway, for Tivimate in a local network you need at least:
StreamType=Universal
CatchupType=shift or flussonic
CatchupContainer=mpegts or hls
User={An Emby user account name}
Device=Tivimate or whatever name you like
For remote connections you need also:
Pass={The password of the Emby user account}
Token=sg43s4f6s1cs2d56dd1 or something like that. The token has to be set in the export settings of the plugin configuration. It is not the api key!

@pünktchen Trying to set this up in Tivimate. I can see the shows listed in the guide but they won’t play. I have the settings above, although I’m not sure if I need to do anything else with the token I’ve added to my export options. Can you clarify and do you have any other troubleshooting tips? 

pünktchen
On 12/31/2022 at 4:59 PM, LakersFan said:

@pünktchen Trying to set this up in Tivimate. I can see the shows listed in the guide but they won’t play. I have the settings above, although I’m not sure if I need to do anything else with the token I’ve added to my export options. Can you clarify and do you have any other troubleshooting tips? 

The token is only needed for remote connections but not in a local network. Remote connections also have to be ssl secured!

But for starters, make sure that the user you've setup in the plugin export options, is granted access to all devices in the Emby user account settings.
After the first succesfull playback in Tivimate, a new device named as you've setup in the export options, will be created in Emby. Now you can change device access settings for the user again, but the user always needs access to this new device.

LakersFan
9 hours ago, pünktchen said:

The token is only needed for remote connections but not in a local network. Remote connections also have to be ssl secured!

But for starters, make sure that the user you've setup in the plugin export options, is granted access to all devices in the Emby user account settings.
After the first succesfull playback in Tivimate, a new device named as you've setup in the export options, will be created in Emby. Now you can change device access settings for the user again, but the user always needs access to this new device.

Thank you for replying. In my setup, Emby is located within a docker. I noticed a few things ... My local IP is http://192.168.1.197:8096 but in my channels.m3u it has -

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF: -1 catchup="shift" tvg-id="89588" tvg-name="1980's" tvg-logo="http://172.18.0.6:8096/emby/VirtualTV/ChannelImage/1980%27s.png",1980's
http://172.18.0.6:8096/emby/VirtualTV/89588/stream.ts?User=Home&Pass=xxx&Device=Tivimate&CatchupContainer=original&Timeout=10
#EXTINF: -1 catchup="shift" tvg-id="89700" tvg-name="1990's",1990's
http://172.18.0.6:8096/emby/VirtualTV/89700/stream.ts?User=Home&Pass=xxx&Device=Tivimate&CatchupContainer=original&Timeout=10

Secondly, I do have a secure remote connection - https://emby.(mydomain).com. But I am logging in under my local IP (which as I said above is 192.168.1.197:8096).

Lastly, I did make sure the user in my plugin settings has access to all libraries.

Edited by LakersFan

pünktchen
1 hour ago, LakersFan said:

But I am logging in under my local IP (which as I said above is 192.168.1.197:8096).

You can enter that in the host adress override option field of the export options.

Lastly, I did make sure the user in my plugin settings has access to all libraries

Devices not necessary libraries!

LakersFan

I entered my local IP in the host address and now I’m getting a failed message in Scheduled Tasks when trying to export the channels. I removed the host address I added and I’m still getting failed. Ugh. 

GrimReaper
9 hours ago, LakersFan said:

But I am logging in under my local IP (which as I said above is 192.168.1.197:8096).

9 hours ago, LakersFan said:
logo="http://172.18.0.6:8096/emby/VirtualTV/ChannelImage/1980%27s.png",1980's
http://172.18.0.6:8096/emby/VirtualTV/89588/stream.ts?

What does your server Dashboard show for In-Home (LAN) access address? 

pünktchen

I entered my local IP in the host address and now I’m getting a failed message in Scheduled Tasks when trying to export the channels.

What's the plugin version?

LakersFan

Here is the error for the failed message in Scheduled Tasks when trying to export the channels:

2023-01-02 08:20:47.315 Error TaskManager: Error
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.11.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /usr/bin/ffdetect-emby -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg-emby -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe-emby -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.19.17-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.39-slack151) #2 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Nov 2 11:54:15 PDT 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.12
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/6.0.12/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /usr/lib/emby-server
	System.Net.WebException: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
	   at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
	   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream)
	   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
	   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.ExportVirtualTVTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)
	Source: System.Net.Requests
	TargetSite: System.Net.WebResponse GetResponse()

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, LakersFan said:

image.png.3f0f5968e9a89308816d59656c7b34c0.png

Curious as from where plugin is picking 172 subnet; do you have double (or multi) NAT in your network? Multiple DHCP servers? You can try binding your server explicitly to 192.168.1.197 in Settings>Network tab>Local IP field, rerun task and see how does that compare? 

pünktchen
11 minutes ago, Flippz said:

Isnt it the IP of the docker container? 

Correct! The internal one.

pünktchen

Here is the error for the failed message in Scheduled Tasks when trying to export the channels:

What exactly have you setup as "host adress override"?

pünktchen
1 minute ago, LakersFan said:

http://192.168.1.197:8096/

But the docker internal host adress is: http://172.18.0.6:8096