VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

Junglejim
1 hour ago, gtpvkr said:

Hi @pünktchen  Library Folder not displaying, please help me

version=4.7.8.0

Plugin 4.7.X

image.png.cf9d41fab81ea6cedaee58f0e7ccc10a.png

That's strange, what os are you running there? Is "Emby User: TV" a valid user on your server?

Junglejim
2 minutes ago, gtpvkr said:

I'm using windows 11

Ok.. that rules me out for assistance :) , I'm a Linux user. I'm sure someone will have some idea.. @pünktchen is your best bet. ;)

pünktchen
2 hours ago, gtpvkr said:

TV & test are both valid users, i dont see any response in api in network tab

image.png.cff2e09ba46f24dac63a56da76f58935.pngimage.png.c74f87ac22a00f898113d89ddfc1d4f1.png

An empty response is not an error. It just means the user has no access rights to any library. Check the user settings!

thanks @pünktchen,  issue resolved when I did below changes to user

Earlier user does not have full lib access and only few libraries access , even though nothing was displayed.
Now I changed to full Library  access and able to see Libraries are loading.

Thanks again

pünktchen
1 minute ago, gtpvkr said:

Earlier user does not have full lib access and only few libraries access , even though nothing was displayed.
Now I changed to full Library  access and able to see Libraries are loading.

Of course it's not intentional that the user needs access to all libraries. So something must have been changed in Emby that i have to fix in the plugin.

pünktchen
On 10/8/2022 at 9:47 AM, home04277 said:

Tried the new Version but now i am not even see the Plugin anymore.

Try this one please: 

Edited by pünktchen
Removed attachement

pünktchen
6 hours ago, home04277 said:

Is it just as i use Emby on Synology?

Not Synology in general. It seems to be a problem with modells that need the Mono framework to run Emby or it's just your installation. What Synology do you own?

home04277

I had initially the Emby Version from Synology App Store, later updated manually using the packages from Emby Page. VirtualTV hasn’t worked on any versions so I guess it’s may related to Synology specific s

masterdot

Hi there,

at first thanks for this BRILLIANT idea!

Im currently setting up some channels and have some questions/ problems:

I want to make a channel with just horror and thriller movies. I did filter with Horror||Thriller but it looks like its not working correctly. Maybe you have a quick help for that?

And I want to make a channel just playing my youtube "mirror". But It doesnt seem to collect the movies from there, I did create a library with all the youtubes in it. But it seems to ignore it.

Is there any chance to use a playlist as source filter? In combination with smart playlists I have a idea how to solve my problems, but it seems not to be possible.

One idea is a channel with: "play all the movies that are not watched, or been played more than one time. sorted by date added/ last played" for creating a channel with unwatched movies or often watched movies. 

And how would I create something like playing some shorts between the movies/ episodes? As you see I have some problems with collecting the materials :) 

thanks in advance

home04277
10 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I've asked the Emby chief developer for some help.

Thanks, much appreciated your time on this issue. I saw your plugin and thought that’s it for my Mediathek but since that stucking. 
What I tried so far:

- multiple versions from emby

- create new users with full access

- create multiple api keys

all those get the library selection showing content

pünktchen
On 10/9/2022 at 6:02 PM, masterdot said:

I want to make a channel with just horror and thriller movies. I did filter with Horror||Thriller but it looks like its not working correctly. Maybe you have a quick help for that?

The condition sounds okay to me. Keep in mind strm files are not supported. If that's not your problem, i kneed more info.

I did create a library with all the youtubes in it. But it seems to ignore it.

A Home Videos & Photos library is not supported for channel creation. I don't see the need for it. Those libraries can only act as a source for bumpers/shorts between the main program.

Is there any chance to use a playlist as source filter?

It's something i'd like to add at some time, but obviously it's currently not possible.

And how would I create something like playing some shorts between the movies/ episodes?

Fill in the bumpers folder path with something (a subfolder for example) that is part of a Home Videos & Photos library.

pünktchen
On 10/9/2022 at 6:09 PM, home04277 said:

Thanks, much appreciated your time on this issue. I saw your plugin and thought that’s it for my Mediathek but since that stucking. 
What I tried so far:

- multiple versions from emby

- create new users with full access

- create multiple api keys

all those get the library selection showing content

I still need more time to solve your problem. The proposed solution to fix your issue, also breaks some main functionality of the plugin, where i'm still searching for an acceptable workaround.

• Thanks 1

jblaze12

A Home Videos & Photos library is not supported for channel creation. I don't see the need for it. Those libraries can only act as a source for bumpers/shorts between the main program.

I just ran into this too. It's not a good reason but I have one: I have a bunch of halloween single episodes from random shows I don't want to collect overall (and have clutter my library). So making a home videos channel means I can even customize season only content without having to collect entire shows for 1 episode.

jblaze12

I ended up just creating a new library as tv shows instead of mixed content and put the individual episodes into series folders and it worked.

home04277
9 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I still need more time to solve your problem. The proposed solution to fix your issue, also breaks some main functionality of the plugin, where i'm still searching for an acceptable workaround.

Just curious what could be the cause of that. Is it the Package Management of Synology or dependencies which might causing it. Seems to work for others like a charme.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, home04277 said:

Is it the Package Management of Synology or dependencies which might causing it.

It's the dependencies. Because you have a Unix like OS and an ARM processor, your Emby installation needs the Mono runtimes to execute code that was developed for Windows .NetFramework. It seems that Emby for Mono is compiled against older libraries than my plugin is targeting. But i'm on a good way and will provide you another test version later today.

• Like 1

home04277

That works now! But is it normal that i just can choose the top level folder and not be more granular? I have one Big Library with dozens of TV Shows but i put them in separate Folders. How can i just include specific subfolders? I can Always include specific Shows but how to limit just to this?