VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

jblaze12

I've noticed when I made and added custom "bumpers" or commercials for a channel, after an hour or so (maybe after a show is over) the channel would display blank/black and the navigation changes from a playlist to something like live with no next video button.

-Edit When I turn off the bumpers settings the channel performs perfectly, like the others without the commercials.

Server on Synology, Emby 4.5.4.0,
Client: Nvidia Shield (2019)

Edited by jblaze12

pünktchen

@LakersFan if the problem only exists on your FireTV while the guide is fine at the same time in a browser, then you should report it in the Android TV forum section and send in app logs. But you've said the problem has gone after clearing the app cache, until it happens again no logs will show any problem and nobody will be able to help you.
So as long as there's no problem any more, just enjoy Emby.

pünktchen
2 hours ago, jblaze12 said:

I've noticed when I made and added custom "bumpers" or commercials for a channel, after an hour or so (maybe after a show is over) the channel would display blank/black and the navigation changes from a playlist to something like live with no next video button.

I'll take look.

LakersFan
7 hours ago, pünktchen said:

@LakersFan if the problem only exists on your FireTV while the guide is fine at the same time in a browser, then you should report it in the Android TV forum section and send in app logs. But you've said the problem has gone after clearing the app cache, until it happens again no logs will show any problem and nobody will be able to help you.
So as long as there's no problem any more, just enjoy Emby.

Thank you. I should be clear that the problem does still exist. In fact, clearing the cache works doesn’t seem to do the trick. For whatever reason the first 12 channels have the issue. There are other channels that seem to consistently work. Either way, I’ll head over to the Android TV forum section to see if they can help.

Thank you! 

hstamas

@pünktchen I used the plugin as my main "TV" setup all weekend and I am experiencing lots of partially watched entries/ This rusults in a long list of "continue watching"s in Emby. Strangly, this doesnt show up right away. All looked fine last night but when I looked at my server this morning I had a list of items.

I only use the plugin to view already watched episodes and I was under the impression that if a show was already watched, if I partially watching it again the plugin would reset the watched state back to already watch playback is stopped?

This doesnt seem to be happening consistently for me.

Logs attached.

Thanks

embyserver-63751971529.txt

pünktchen

@hstamas the log from this morning would suit better than from yesterday. Also your attached log don't show me anything related without the extra plugin logging enabled.
Anyway, i would guess it's the Trakt plugin that's the cause of your issues. There are also connection errors to the Trakt api in your log, maybe it's related but i don't know, because i don't how the Trakt plugin is doing its things.

hstamas
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

@hstamas the log from this morning would suit better than from yesterday. Also your attached log don't show me anything related without the extra plugin logging enabled.
Anyway, i would guess it's the Trakt plugin that's the cause of your issues. There are also connection errors to the Trakt api in your log, maybe it's related but i don't know, because i don't how the Trakt plugin is doing its things.

Thanks for the info @pünktchen. Let me get rid of the Trakt plugin and test again with logging enabled. The Trakt plugin for Emby has always been problematic and I'm ready to get rid of entirely anyway.

Will report back if the behavior continues after doing this.

Oracle

Perhaps someone can brief me on this.

How can I set up commercials to play with this plugin?

I've gotten a little nifty collection of about 100 or so commercials from the mid 80s - mid 90s I'd like to cycle through during shows. What's the proper configuration?

Also, what determines when a commercial is played? Thanks in advance!

PuffyToesToo
4 hours ago, Arly (Sprinkles) said:

Perhaps someone can brief me on this.

How can I set up commercials to play with this plugin?

I've gotten a little nifty collection of about 100 or so commercials from the mid 80s - mid 90s I'd like to cycle through during shows. What's the proper configuration?

Also, what determines when a commercial is played? Thanks in advance!

I have a nice little collection as well, but unfortunately I never had much luck using them. Whenever I did, the screen would freeze just near the beginning or end of it. I did have to add them as their own library on Emby first. YMMV. There is an option right below the directory that you choose for each channel to point to the directory they are in. 

sss.JPG

pünktchen

@jblaze12 @Arly (Sprinkles) @PuffyToesToo I've done a quick test with bumpers for a tv show channel in a browser and the AndroidTV app and all is working fine for me in "Playlist" mode. But i have a feeling i know where your problems are. In "Playlist" mode the videos are played in the context of the logged in user. That means this user needs library access to the "Home videos & photos" library that holds your bumper videos. I guess you have disabled this because you don't want the library to show up on the user's home screen.

Edit: interestingly it even works for me if i disable the library acces for my user?! So forget my assumption. I need more infos from your side.

Edited by pünktchen

PuffyToesToo

I will help with any information I can provide. Let me know how. 

I have not used 'Playlist' mode so I will try that and report back. I've exclusively used 'Continuous Play (Live)' mode.

PuffyToesToo

I've given it another try, which I had not done since installing the latest version. SO far I am happy to report that it seems to be working well, using the same 'Continuous Play" mode. 

As a side note - when I happened to hit the "sort channels by number" option by accident, it deleted several of my channel images, and all of them no longer lined up with the channels. For example, I have a 70's, 80's and 90's channel. These were not showing the images I used for those channels, but ones from other channels. I don't know if it is related to this or Emby itself, just an odd behaviour I would let you know about.

NitroKyx

Hey, guys. Tried to do a reinstall/update to 0.9.6, and no dice. I had 0.9.5 working as recent as 20 minutes ago no problem, but I want to take advantage of the new tagging feature and individual movie listings.

Can someone talk to me like a toddler and get this installed with me? Feel free to DM if easier.

I copied my file to any Emby plugin folder I could find.

PuffyToesToo

If I remember correctly, there are two different version of this update depending on which server version of Emby you are running. Is it possible you grabbed the wrong one? Also, what directory did you place it in?

C:\Users\YOUR USER ACCOUNT\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins is where mine resides.

LakersFan
On 3/20/2021 at 7:56 PM, LakersFan said:

Thank you. I should be clear that the problem does still exist. In fact, clearing the cache works doesn’t seem to do the trick. For whatever reason the first 12 channels have the issue. There are other channels that seem to consistently work. Either way, I’ll head over to the Android TV forum section to see if they can help.

Thank you! 

Just a quick follow up to this, embarrassingly enough it just ended up being a corrupt config file. The issue went away once I deleted everything and started over.  Usually I try that before asking for help.. no idea why I didn’t think of it this time.

SMTV91

I was looking in the wrong section to download but finally figured out how. Great plugin. Thanks!

Edited by SMTV91

PuffyToesToo

Agree, it does not respect the parameter. I've noticed it also does not respect the one that dictates maximum number of episodes to play in order. I also cannot get it to play more than 5 music videos, as it boots me out of the Emby app on my TV every time. I just kind of deal with it as it's such a totally fantastic plugin, and I hope maybe it'll get resolved in a future update.

• Like 1

pünktchen
2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

the plugin does not seem to be respecting the maximum run time as far as i can see:

Working fine here. Make sure the library item really has the proper runtime.

1 hour ago, PuffyToesToo said:

I've noticed it also does not respect the one that dictates maximum number of episodes to play in order.

This also seems to be okay here. What channel content type, sort option and min/max episodes have you set?

1 hour ago, PuffyToesToo said:

I also cannot get it to play more than 5 music videos, as it boots me out of the Emby app on my TV every time.

What app? Which playback mode? With or without bumpers?

Spaceboy

yep, it has the proper run time

image.thumb.png.a719e947dd8c1a443cd4b80b94fc1481.png

its not just that one item

image.thumb.png.76498b1420184ce09e1cea256d74ed61.png

i did originally set this channel up without the max run time and later implemented it. dunno if that can help explain?

let me know if you need logs or anything else to diagnose further

daedalus

are u using emby build-in "randomizer" for randomizing? cause i have the feeling you do, and the bulid-in function is broken for a very long time now, with no will to fix it (

the more i use it i see the same episodes of a series showing up way more often, the exact same behavior embys "random" function is showing

Edited by daedalus
  • Like 1

PuffyToesToo
2 hours ago, daedalus said:

the more i use it i see the same episodes of a series showing up way more often, the exact same behavior embys "random" function is showing

Yes, this is an issue as well. I have tried setting the DVR function and scan options to 7-14 days, to see if it would help. I'm just trying this of late so I don't have any difference to report yet.

PuffyToesToo
19 hours ago, pünktchen said:

This also seems to be okay here. What channel content type, sort option and min/max episodes have you set?

For my music videos channel, here are the options I have. Every channel has  *All channel rules have to be TRUE' checked. This is on my Roku TV and also my Roku Streaming stick. I will test on my desktop when I have a chance and see if it plays beyond 5 videos.

ex1.JPG

ex2.JPG

Edited by PuffyToesToo
additional info

PuffyToesToo
19 hours ago, pünktchen said:

For the TV channels, these are my options, the only differences are the directory a channel would be pointing at,  a few tags for some of them and I only use bumpers for about 4 of the channels.

ex3.JPG

ex4.JPG

VicMoore
9 hours ago, daedalus said:

are u using emby build-in "randomizer" for randomizing? cause i have the feeling you do, and the bulid-in function is broken for a very long time now, with no will to fix it (

I have the same problem