VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

VicMoore

I would like to reset and clear all of my channels and start fresh. How can I do this?  My configuration is emby running on a synology NAS.

This is a great plugin...

Vic

VicMoore

Punktchen, I can't find the XML file in the plugin directory. What is it's name? I am running emby on a synology NAS. I don't know if that makes a difference.

I removed the old DLL, restarted Emby, refreshed the Live TV Guide, copied the new Virtual TV DLL (version 0.9.6) to the plugin dir and then restarted Emby again and refreshed the TV guide again. Now nothing works. I can use the virtual TV plugin to create channels but noting populates the TV guide. I tried using tags, movie names, and emby libraries. None worked. The problem might be in the XML file that I could not find and delete.

Please don't take any of my comments as complaints. You are doing a fantastic job.

Vic

VicMoore

Deleting the XML file helped. But I can't filter a channel with either tags or by giving movie or TV show names (the associated emby libraries are checked). I am using the 0.9.6 plugin.  I can populate the directory for a channel if I select an emby library and don't add any other filtering. I hope this helps explain my problem. I know you are working hard on this plugin and I appreciate your time.

Vic

pünktchen
9 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

But I can't filter a channel with either tags or by giving movie or TV show names

Your input is not saved or you don't get any result with your entered input?

VicMoore

When I filter with a tag or a filename, nothing gets displayed in the TV Guide. If I just select one of the Emby libraries, the TV guide gets populated. For example, I have an Emby library with various TV shows. Each is in a separate folder, such as "good witch" and "Matlock." All are in one library called TV Shows. In your plugin if I select the library "TV Shows" and do no further filtering, such as giving a tag name or a file name, then the TV Guide gets populated properly with all of the shows in the directory. In this case it would include both "Good Witch" and "Matlock" episodes.  If I tag the Good Which directory using the meta data tool, and use that tag to select from "TV Shows" only the Good Witch episodes then nothing appears in the TV Guide. With earlier versions of your plugin the tags worked perfectly. That's how I organized content for each channel. 

Vic

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, VicMoore said:

When I filter with a tag or a filename, nothing gets displayed in the TV Guide. If I just select one of the Emby libraries, the TV guide gets populated. For example, I have an Emby library with various TV shows. Each is in a separate folder, such as "good witch" and "Matlock." All are in one library called TV Shows. In your plugin if I select the library "TV Shows" and do no further filtering, such as giving a tag name or a file name, then the TV Guide gets populated properly with all of the shows in the directory. In this case it would include both "Good Witch" and "Matlock" episodes.  If I tag the Good Which directory using the meta data tool, and use that tag to select from "TV Shows" only the Good Witch episodes then nothing appears in the TV Guide. With earlier versions of your plugin the tags worked perfectly. That's how I organized content for each channel. 

Vic

Which sever version are you running? I can confirm it works with both Include Name rule and Tags rule on 0.9.6/4.5.4.0 stable. 

GrimReaper
3 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I am using version 4.5.4

Vic

Then I suppose your rules are not being met at some point. Log might give some insight there. As would your setup screenshot. 

GrimReaper

Attached is the log. I don't know if I did it right or not. I enabled debug logging in the plugin and then refreshed the TV Guide.

Vic

embyserver.txt 1.03 MB · 0 downloads

2021-02-23 01:15:45.490 Info VirtualTV Plugin: GetLibraryItems > No Episode Items match the Channel Conditions

2021-02-23 01:15:45.490 Info VirtualTV Plugin: GetPrograms > Channel: Good Witch, ChannelId: VirtualTV0, Returning 0 TVShows

How did you tag your show? And is it located at TV2 folder? 

GrimReaper

Below is a snapshot from the metadata editor

p4.jpg

Well, it might've just as well be that that syntax is causing some issues, as I've also had 0 returns when tagging with 'GoodWitch'. Could you try assigning another tag to that TV show, let's say 'Test', and use that as an argument in channel Tags field, Save, Refresh Guide? 

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I changed the tag to 'test' and it now works.  

Great. Just keep it simple for now, until @pünktchen takes a look at it. 

VicMoore

will do...  thanks for the help. I live in Florida and it's 2AM in the morning. Time to stop programming and go to bed.

Vic

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Well, it might've just as well be that that syntax is causing some issues, as I've also had 0 returns when tagging with 'GoodWitch'. Could you try assigning another tag to that TV show, let's say 'Test', and use that as an argument in channel Tags field, Save, Refresh Guide? 

Further testing, upon reapplying 'GoodWitch' tag and using 'goodwitch' Tags field argument - it worked. As it worked upon changing condition back to 'GoodWitch'. And also when tagging another Show with 'GoodWitch', it got included properly. Strange. 

pünktchen

@VicMoore the tag name already points out where the problem is. It's the "Witch" 😆
Honestly, i don't know. Let's wait if more user now have problem with tags. In the meantime i will create you an extra debugging build around the tags
and also because you get an error when the config screen tries to get your library folders.

• Haha 1

VicMoore

Thanks Punkchen. I will install the build as soon as you get it ready. I will also build another channel to confirm everything is now working OK.

Vic