Archive - Samsung Smart TV App - Public Alpha Test

chessdragon136

chessdragon136

Screenshots please - I've just checked the build files and cannot see why this should be happening. 

chessdragon136

I think this may be a tv related issue where it is using older "cached" versions rather than the latest - can you uuninstall, turn tv on and off a few times and reinstall. 

I've checked my compiled version and it has the latest files in so I don't know what's causing your issue currently.

Sorry.

mbnwa

I find that removing the app from the TV power off , power on , log in as develop, re-enter IP, sync user apps, restart TV after download works every time. also use the updated IP from page 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I manged to update to 0.450, that fixed my previous experience, TV collection shows properly from either way, thanks.

Now, testing music, only horizontal navigation works, I cannot go through albums using up, and down arrows. 5 albums in a screen, and they're not in the same row

evu5u4yn.jpg

Clicking on any doesn't do any thing, Am I missing something?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk

Edited by DaN

Update :that was the case, when I navigated from Media Folders to my music collection, but it worked under Music tab

aradezyv.jpg

Some covers are not showing, but tracks are accessible, and they play well

chessdragon136

I manged to update to 0.450, that fixed my previous experience, TV collection shows properly from either way, thanks.

Now, testing music, only horizontal navigation works, I cannot go through albums using up, and down arrows. 5 albums in a screen, and they're not in the same row

evu5u4yn.jpg

Clicking on any doesn't do any thing, Am I missing something?

v0.450a pushed out to fix that issue

Edited by chessdragon136

0.450a didn't fix it, I'm still getting the same screen when I navigate to music collection from Media Folders

chessdragon136

Ok that is odd - it hsould work from what i can see in all the emulators and real devices i have

Try v0.450b that i've just pushed out. 

sornis

I find that removing the app from the TV power off , power on , log in as develop, re-enter IP, sync user apps, restart TV after download works every time. also use the updated IP from page 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that did it thanks

Ka Hooli

I'm still having the same issue with the latest versions on my HT-E6750W home theatre system. Oh well, one day maybe... Keep up the good work regardless :D

Just tried with the latest version, but still same issue with installing. :(

chessdragon136

Just tried with the latest version, but still same issue with installing. :(

Ye those systems are weird.. I can't find any documentation on any of it

CBers

Just updated to 450b and music playback is working.

I don't get a MUSIC tab across the top, but I can access my Music folder. Is that the expected method?

Edited by CBers

I don't get a MUSIC tab across the top, but I can access my Music folder. Is that the expected method?

Music TAB is available in my case, and music works for me that way only, I'll update to the latest and check

chessdragon136

The Music tab showed up after exiting and re-entering the app.

Yeah if you change the Experimental setting you need to restart the ap (it does say so in the settings description)

CBers

Yeah if you change the Experimental setting you need to restart the ap (it does say so in the settings description)

Yes, that's why I exited and re-entered after re-reading the description :)

Good work by the way.

Shame my TV's screensaver doesn't kick in until after 2 hours!

@@DaN it should look like this

53aeef693517f_Music.png

It shows for me; but only from Music TAB; I posted an update above; but when I navigate through media folders to my music collection, I cannot get the same view; I get another, also posted above, thanks

chessdragon136

No not quite..

If you access albums or artists from the menu you get a 6x3 grid of artists or albums.. Accessing Suggested, Album Artists or from the media folder menu will show the screenshot i just presented, which is 2 sets of 1x5 grid where the albums shown under each artist update dependant on the selected artist. 

CBers

Works for me from Media Folder OK, but not sure I like the sideways scrolling for artists.

I only have 130 artists and it does lag a bit when jumping a page full at a time.

I assume the app is trying to fetch all the metadata etc.

Edited by CBers

chessdragon136

Well you can use the artist page or album page from the music menu that shows 18 per view and is a vertical scroll

sornis

Works for me from Media Folder OK, but not sure I like the sideways scrolling for artists.

I only have 130 artists and it does lag a bit when jumping a page full at a time.

I assume the app is trying to fetch all the metadata etc.

this happened to me to. for instance if i what an artist/band which starts with the letter F (position 75) the scrolling is fluid until it reaches an auto-stop position like 25 and then it stops for a minute or two (at first I thought it was blocked for good) and then all is good again until scroll stops again in a far ahead position.

the app counts 379 folders.... 

Edited by sornis