New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

No, you cannot go back and forth between beta and stable. What you can do is report your issue so that it can be looked at. Thanks.

Dear Luke,

I am experiencing playback (to be more precise transcoding issues) since .38 beta. Problem only persists if not on DirectPlay and only (as far as I could test) with the WMAV codec. Please find below attached logs including mediainfo of the video file.

I am on the actual latest beta as of today (.40).

I cleared the logs, navigated to the video in question and tried playing (via transcoding). Issue persists not only on chrome on windows but also in the emby app on android. WindowsStore emby theatre app played this file fine (as this was DirectPlaying).

And yes, I am sure that this file played perfectly fine (while transcoding) before some betas back :)

My guess is on the last line of the fftranscode log: "Decoder (codec wmav2) not found for input stream"

Hope this helps to find the issue and please let me know if you need any more details!

Thank you for all your hard work, you are awesome!

EmbyServer.txt

fftranscode.txt

MediaInfo.txt

Edited by sectune

Dear Luke,

I am experiencing playback (to be more precise transcoding issues) since .38 beta. Problem only persists if not on DirectPlay and only (as far as I could test) with the WMAV codec. Please find below attached logs including mediainfo of the video file.

I am on the actual latest beta as of today (.40).

I cleared the logs, navigated to the video in question and tried playing (via transcoding). Issue persists not only on chrome on windows but also in the emby app on android. WindowsStore emby theatre app played this file fine (as this was DirectPlaying).

And yes, I am sure that this file played perfectly fine (while transcoding) before some betas back :)

My guess is on the last line of the fftranscode log: "Decoder (codec wmav2) not found for input stream"

Hope this helps to find the issue and please let me know if you need any more details!

Thank you for all your hard work, you are awesome!

This should be resolved in the latest beta package, thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Luke,

since the .44 or so beta there is no option anymore under library > display > group movies into collections. Is it on purpose and will this option be coming back? Didn't find it anywhere else in the newest versions.

Thanks!

Edited by sectune

beta 3.6.0.46 Installed and after a day have to stop and restart emby server via QNAP app  installer to be able access my emby server. Think we had this once before with a earlier beta version and may have returned again.  

Dear Luke,

since the .44 or so beta there is no option anymore under library > display > group movies into collections. Is it on purpose and will this option be coming back? Didn't find it anywhere else in the newest versions.

Thanks!

Hi @@sectune. The answers are in the the testing area of the community:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/102-emby-server/

If you are running beta releases then you will want to follow that section of the community. Thanks.

beta 3.6.0.46 Installed and after a day have to stop and restart emby server via QNAP app  installer to be able access my emby server. Think we had this once before with a earlier beta version and may have returned again.  

@@wangbo, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

tried it again and now can't repeat it so guessing my server had a hick up or something but am getting ready to try the 3.6.0.49 beta . Will see if it does it again. If it does will try to capture screens etc for you.

Im using the qpkg 3.6.0.49 Beta Emby and after a short period of time  my server shuts down on its on and this is the unhandled log from that same problem again was using my ipad when it did it this time but earlier it did it while i was using my desktop ( Linux mint 18.3) if i enter my admin dashboard in QNAP then using the icon in the App store to restart server it restarts again until the next time it does a uncommanded shut down after a short period of time. I am unable to restart it using the web address for the Emby connect. So suspect something with QNAP but the firmware has not been updated in some time as no new updates and im using the stable firmware. Any more info required let me know and will try to provide.

System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.
Source: System.Net.Sockets
TargetSite: Void ThrowException(System.Net.Sockets.SocketError)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ThrowIfExceptional()
at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckThrow(Boolean authSuccessCheck, Boolean shutdownCheck)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckOldKeyDecryptedData(Memory`1 buffer)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.HandleQueuedCallback(Object& queuedStateRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshakeRead(Int32 newState)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshake(Exception e, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.RehandshakeCompleteCallback(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteUserWithError(Exception e)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacketAsync(Stream transport, AsyncProtocolRequest request)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
Source:
TargetSite:

62°

The Log I gave you is the log generated when it shut down named unhandeled for the server log generated after restarting the server would prefer to send to you private as it has my ip listed in several places throughout and have no wish to give invitation to attackers just let me know best way to accomplish sending to you privately. Thanks.

tried to pm it to you don't know if it went through or not as no indication if it did let me know. if nothing else as admin you have my private email contact me via and will send that way

Im using the qpkg 3.6.0.49 Beta Emby and after a short period of time  my server shuts down on its on and this is the unhandled log from that same problem again was using my ipad when it did it this time but earlier it did it while i was using my desktop ( Linux mint 18.3) if i enter my admin dashboard in QNAP then using the icon in the App store to restart server it restarts again until the next time it does a uncommanded shut down after a short period of time. I am unable to restart it using the web address for the Emby connect. So suspect something with QNAP but the firmware has not been updated in some time as no new updates and im using the stable firmware. Any more info required let me know and will try to provide.

System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.

Source: System.Net.Sockets

TargetSite: Void ThrowException(System.Net.Sockets.SocketError)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.GetResult(Int16 token)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ThrowIfExceptional()

at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckThrow(Boolean authSuccessCheck, Boolean shutdownCheck)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckOldKeyDecryptedData(Memory`1 buffer)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.HandleQueuedCallback(Object& queuedStateRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshakeRead(Int32 newState)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.FinishHandshake(Exception e, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.RehandshakeCompleteCallback(IAsyncResult result)

at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)

at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)

at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteUserWithError(Exception e)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer

Source:

TargetSite:

62°

Hi, the log you provided doesn't contain this error. can you try to find the right one? thanks.

Did you get the one i sent last night by pm I think the reason before it wouldnt go through was i butted up against the number of character limitation ( i tried cut and paste of the log file into the body of the message when I first tried to PM you) but was able to attach a txt file with the other log as well as screenshot showing what the logs were.

Edited by wangbo

If you look at the screen shot i sent you you will see the second log .txt from the top titled unhandled it is log file i originally posted which is the one that was the un-commanded shutdown the second log.txt i sent via Pm is the top file in same screenshot after I restarted the server you will notice there are a couple of unhandled logs and all of them had the same inside them of what i originally posted . What I posted was the entire contents of that file. other than that there isn't anymore i can provide. On a side note QNAP just updated the server firmware to 4.3.5.0713 latest version updated to it and will see if the same still continues to happen if so will send you every one of the log files if you want me to. Could be something peculiar to the NAS firmware.

Sorry didn't want to jinx myself by speaking to early with the new firmware it isn't doing it and also upgraded to the 3.6.51 pkg and it is working also have tried different means of accessing ie Iphone, Ipad, Linux, Roku, Windows , Emby Theatre all work without a hiccup so I'm guessing it was something with the previous firmware but as to what I have no idea as I had also checked my logs on the NAS itself and wasn't seeing anything to indicate what the issue was. Other than it indicating that the Emby server had stopped  there was nothing else that i could find. The firmware also cleared up another problem but it didn't have anything to do with Emby so no reason to suspect it had anything to do with the problem As up to this recent date have had no more issues with it and everything seems to be working good.