New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

Stuck at installing 4.02 at 75%...any suggestions?

This is normal behavior!!

On 75% it is resetting all ownerships of the files in the EmbyServer directory.

I doubt the need, but you should really let the installer take its time!!

This is normal behavior!!

On 75% it is resetting all ownerships of the files in the EmbyServer directory.

I doubt the need, but you should really let the installer take its time!!

Could be..it was getting up to about 2 hours wait when I 1st cancelled it. BUT...the file count when deleting was in excess of 200,000 (don't remember the exact total),

So that could have explained the long delay. 

There was also a long wait when TVdb and MovieDb were installed and updating a few days prior...I didn't pay attention to how long though.

• 1 month later...
jimc115

Just noticed after the last update that certain A files are not appearing.

NOT ALL FILES BEGINNING WITH "A"....but files containing a single A as a start of a title 

Such as...

A.I Artificial Intelligence

The A List

A.P. Bio

A.N.T Farm

The A-Team

A.D The Bible Continues

It appears only to be "A" files as Z-Nation and The X-Files appear OK and again...all other "A" files show up...Aaron Stone, Abby's, The ABC Murders etc..... 

I just ran a library scan and they still don't appear....if I search the titles, they appear in the results though. 

If I change the SORT to sort by date added, I can scroll through and find them also, so it only appears to affect the sort by name option. 

I should add...this is a fresh install on a new TVS-473e....so technically it wasn't an update...the last version was on the TS-453a 

Edited by jimc115

So it sounds like they are appearing, but you need to check their sort titles. You probably customized the sort title and have forgotten that you did that.

jimc115

Nope...no customizations.or filters.

Looking through the Media Manager, the files are listed in the wrong order.....

A.P. Bio is listed under "P"

A.D The Bible Continues is under "D"

A.N.T. Farm is under "N"

The A-Team is listed under "A" but between "The Assets" and "Atlantis High" 

A Touch of Frost is listed under "T"

The A List is listed under "L"

Edited by jimc115

I would use the metadata editor to check the sort titles for those items. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

jimc115

The original and sort title fields are empty on all titles, but populating the sort title of the problem files seems to correct the problem.

I don't remember if these fields were left empty on prior versions.

Thanks Luke...that's an easy enough fix to make and then lock the title from changes.

The original and sort title fields are empty on all titles, but populating the sort title of the problem files seems to correct the problem.

I don't remember if these fields were left empty on prior versions.

Thanks Luke...that's an easy enough fix to make and then lock the title from changes.

Thanks, I think we just need to improve our handling of those abbreviated titles.

• 4 weeks later...
OddbOd

NOT ALL FILES BEGINNING WITH "A"....but files containing a single A as a start of a title

This is intended behaviour, very difficult to get right and why the Sort title field exists at all.

It happens because the following alterations are made to the title string before sorting:-

• dot, plus and percentage symbols are replaced with spaces
  • comma, ampersand, dash, curly brackets (braces) and single quote symbols are removed
  • a, an, and the articles are removed
If you look carefully all of your examples are consistent with these rules e.g. The A-Team sorts as ATeam (the dash gets removed making ATeam a single word) which comes after Assets and before Atlantis High.

This is relatively simple in English but not so in other languages, for example the German equivalent of the English definite article the can be der, das, die, den, dem or des depending on the declension. An  example in French would be enfant (child, kid, little boy but not little girl), l'enfant (the child) and des enfants (children) which should all sort together but require very different rules to English. There are also wacky edge cases like punk band The The which default sorts as nothing.

Locking titles shouldn't be necessary as the metadata scrapers don't populate the Sort title field.

Edited by OddbOd

• 3 months later...
AvengersFan

Hello all,

I have been enjoying uninterrupted EMBY service for a long long time, and loving it. I never have to worry about it as it chugs away in the background doing its thing, so that is such a plus to me. 

A quick question after the latest update, after doing a quick check of everything I noticed my Users ICON is red and showing 0 seconds. Unsure if that is the default colour (red means warning to me) and not sure if 0 seconds means anything? Everything is working well otherwise and no issues, so perhaps its just a strange visual cue I am misunderstanding from my end.

Cheers Mark

post-91733-0-61027500-1565077849_thumb.png

Spaceboy

0 secs is how long ago your user account was active. The red background is just random. Nothing to worry about

AvengersFan

Cool thanks mate. Just wondering if say my Qnap has been up and happening for a week let’s say, ( actually 8 months without a shut down) should that say more than 0? Just trying to understand the 0 seconds.

Cheers Mark

Spaceboy

the zero seconds is the time since your user account was last active. so if you are logged in as that user then i would expect it to say 0 seconds. for people with more than one user this will say a variety of times

Cool thanks mate. Just wondering if say my Qnap has been up and happening for a week let’s say, ( actually 8 months without a shut down) should that say more than 0? Just trying to understand the 0 seconds.

Cheers Mark

ozgreg

Greetings,

Just a heads up to the devs incase it has not been reported, QNAP is now checking and displaying a message for QPKG APPS that lack Digital signatures and issuing warnings if it cannot find one..  (Similar to other platforms "install from other sources concepts").  Lucky for now it is a warning, I suspect  it will eventually be enforced so you might need to tweak your build script to support it..  (and BTW we LOVE the fact you are supporting QNAPS!!)

FYI QPKG Developer's Kit 2.0 supports including digital certificates..

jimc115

Nevermind.....had to restart 3 times to get it to take though.

Update or not?? Apps says new version but Emby doesn't.

5d4d9279d801d_e1.jpg

5d4d928866160_e2.jpg

Edited by jimc115

You can install the latest version from our website. Does that answer your question?

AvengersFan

Hello all, is the logo meant to be this in the AppCenter? I thought it was the Emby Logo once upon a time? Just looks weird and dose not have your name on it?

Cheers Mark

post-91733-0-73573100-1565498735_thumb.png

Just looks weird and dose not have your name on it?

That's the default icon QTS assigns when it can't find the embedded package icons. :)

• 2 months later...

Once again....I open Emby to find all corrected titles, fixed artwork and customized descriptions reset.

What is the exact purpose to add a function to  LOCK an item if the program is just going to overwrite it when it feels the need?

Once again....I open Emby to find all corrected titles, fixed artwork and customized descriptions reset.

What is the exact purpose to add a function to  LOCK an item if the program is just going to overwrite it when it feels the need?

Hi there, please go over an example and attach the emby server log. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
AvengersFan

Hello all, for some strange reason, my auto organise is not picking up existing shows and transferring them. If I try the manual process, I get an error NUL message. Can anyone advise if an error my end please?

Cheers Mark

post-91733-0-44396800-1573794212_thumb.png

log.txt