New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

Hi, I think you have the community package if you installed using the app store. I would suggest removing that and installing our official package from our website:

https://emby.media/download

Our official package will just work, perform better, use less resources, etc. We will soon be looking to replace that in the Qnap catalog. Thanks.

Emby Server 3.5 is up on the website for download. The announcement on the blog is soon to follow. Thanks everyone.

AJNinGA

OK, 3.5 installed. When selecting Transcoding on, does it matter which Hardware Acceleration method? TS-251+

It's on my to do list to make sure the selections only show what is supported on the particular platform.

Jonny67

Thanks for the 4k option in the filter but it doesn't work. I've just installed new version on my QNAP and I've tried the Windows 10 Emby Theater client. I choose 4K in the filter on both devices but I get no results.

I've also noticed that all my blu ray cover arts are now labelled H.264 and what was labelled 4K is now labelled HEVC, so maybe "4K" in the filter does not match "HEVC" in the cover art?

You'll need to refresh metadata on existing titles to get that info populated into your database.

• Like 1

wangbo

The download link takes me to the downloads page but when click on the link for a NAS only gives info for Synology NAS and there is no link for a QNAP NAS so where is the real link what am I missing here.

Hi, did you try using the dropdown to switch to QNAP? Then it will show you the QNAP instructions. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

wangbo

Now I just feel stupid as did not notice that drop down arrow until you told me to look for it do you want your eggs scrambled or sunny side up after i remove them from my face LOL Thanks .

AvengersFan

Don’t worry wangbo. Been there done that myself mate.

Luke, maybe make the drop down arrow black, it kinda blends in with the background, espically on mobile devices anyways.

Just a thought.

Loving the new release, thanks to everyone for the hard work

Cheers Mark

wangbo

Downloaded the new 3.5 version installed it and as soon as try to log in it tells me that im not allowed to access my account so reinstalled the 3.4.1 version and can access again with no changes to firewalls etc. I'm going to download again in case maybe got a corrupted download and try again. will let you know if happens again. 

wangbo

did a reinstall of the 3.5.0.0 version and when tried to go to account it fails with a no access error when reinstall 3.4.1 version then i have access with no other changes other than emby server version.Any ideas?

wangbo

Ok got it to work here is what i had to do to get it to work in case anyone else runs into this : shutdown server before install wait a minute for it to shutdown then to clear then install the new version restart the server log out of QNAP server relog back in and now works Not sure why had to log out of QNAP server and back in but was only way could get it to work if restarted Emby server then tried to log in to it without the QNAP server log out and back in it would fail with a no access error. Hope this helps 

• Like 1

wangbo

One other oddity is that the Emby Icon disappears off the QNAP desktop irregardless of whether set to be visible on admins or everybody's desktop.

The 3.5.1 stable release is now available on the Emby website.

Also I have some great news. Thanks to some new QNAP build tools we're able to integrate into our build machine and we will be producing QNAP betas just like all of the other platforms. If you want to run beta then check the website later today and it should be updated with download information. Thanks.

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

@@Luke - does this also mean we might get auto updates via the QNAP App Centre in the nearish future - as things will be more automatic?

Yea it's on my to do list to submit to the qnap app store. That would only be stable releases though, as betas will be too frequent for that.

thanks.

PenkethBoy

Just updated to 3.5.1 - however with issues

emby 3.5.0 would not shut down and caused the update to fail to install - i.e 3.5.0 kept running

i tried to disable from the app centre - indication was that emby have shut down - but upgrade failed again

finally went into emby dashboard and used the shutdown option - to kill the 3.5.0 process - and then the upgrade would work

in this context - fail - in that there was no visual feedback - that things had failed - its only by going to the emby dashboard and seeing its still - 3.5.0

I will have a look at the logs and see if there is anything obvious - around the time of my upgrade attempts