New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

We never include nvidia libs. It is required to install the latest nvidia driver from the nvidia website. The packaged drivers may not be sufficient.

The error from the detection log is:

Cannot load libcuda.so.1

Do you have libcuda.so.1 somewhere on the device?

Yes... multiple options.

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NVIDIA_GPU_DRV/usr/nvidia.u18.04/libcuda.so.1
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NVIDIA_GPU_DRV/usr/nvidia/libcuda.so.1
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/NVIDIA_GPU_DRV/usr/lib/libcuda.so.1

libcuda.so.1 is a symlink to libcuda.so.384.111

elpirate

So how do I upgrade from the community version (3.5.2) which is installed via the QnapClub store, to 3.5.3 or the latest beta from the Emby website, without losing my watched status etc??

Disabling the app and then installing the new version results in 2 Emby installations, instead of overwriting the existing version (3.5.2) that is shutdown/disabled.

I have to remove 3.5.2 to install next version properly which means I loose my watch status etc.

I want to update my Ts228 to latest build.

Any advice on this is appreciated.

Edited by elpirate

So how do I upgrade from the community version (3.5.2) which is installed via the QnapClub store, to 3.5.3 or the latest beta from the Emby website, without losing my watched status etc??

Disabling the app and then installing the new version results in 2 Emby installations, instead of overwriting the existing version (3.5.2) that is shutdown/disabled.

I have to remove 3.5.2 to install next version properly which means I loose my watch status etc.

I want to update my Ts228 to latest build.

Any advice on this is appreciated.

@@elpirate, I would suggest checking out our Backup Guide to move data between the two servers. Thanks.

You can download the server version here: https://emby.media/nas-server.html (and select QNAP from the dropdown). It looks like the TS-431+ has the same processor as my TS-431P, so the version that I THINK you want is QNAP ARM X41, X31+, X31P, X28, X35 - BETA.

That said, I (and others) have been having issues getting files to play through the Emby server installed on my TS-431P (and the team here at emby is working on it), so it might not work just yet.

Edited by will74

Will have to see what I can do on that.. since this is a bundled package from QNAP, it isn't as simple "update" command I can issue.

Just an FYI, I checked with my contacts at QNAP.  It looks like the Nvidia drivers will likely be updated when QTS 4.4.x is released (which also includes a kernel upgrade).

schogobong

Hi guys,

I posted an issue a while back that I'm not able to play any movies with the new x41 package in my TS-431P and that somehow the subtitles are not showing up on the itemdetails page despite existing.

What I forgot to mention is that I am not experiencing any playback issues when trying to play movies through Kodi on my Mi Box (Android TV). However, subtitles are also not being shown and I need to download them manually through Kodi.

bmv98rus

Hello,

I installed emby-server-qnap_4.0.0.2_x86_64.qpkg  (qnap s2/ hs-210) today and it is not working with two different client properly on LG TV (screenplay and Emby) . After press play button I see the previous  screen but not movie. 

The another issue (I think it will be useful for everybody), there is no any url to previous version on the download page and if it wasn't kept  locally, it is not possible to return back.

Hello,

I installed emby-server-qnap_4.0.0.2_x86_64.qpkg  (qnap s2/ hs-210) today and it is not working with two different client properly on LG TV (screenplay and Emby) . After press play button I see the previous  screen but not movie. 

The another issue (I think it will be useful for everybody), there is no any url to previous version on the download page and if it wasn't kept  locally, it is not possible to return back.

@@bmv98rus, we're happy to help. Please see how to report a problem. thanks !

AvengersFan

Hello all, where do I go to revert back to 3? Having a few issues with KODI at the moment and my family are screaming at me to get it working lol.

Can I get a link to the previous version?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Mark

Installed latest version on TS-453A...long pause at 75% installing, but after that, ran library scans and it's fast. Great Work guys.

Miss the total (number) for Shows and Movies that was displayed at the top. 

Edited by jimc115

• 4 weeks later...

Yup..it finally stopped and asked in I wanted to cancel...I did and tried again...same. 

Rebooted...same.

I ended up manually deleting the installation and reinstalling from scratch....looks like all is good now.

In less than 8 hours, it's repopulated about 3/4's of the metadata, so that in itself is a great improvement. 

Starting from scratch before use to take about 4 days to complete the first scan