New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

still using the 3.6.53 beta and today had a new stable firmware update to 4.3.5.0722 in the QNAP NAS and everything seems to be working without any issues so far.

• 3 weeks later...
pglbrookes

sorry if I'm massively behind the curve, 

I have the qnap app store version of emby server - 3.4.1.0

but i see the website is on 3.5.3.0 on stable releases... 

is this going to be updated on the store so it will auto update?

I have just got had this all working for a while so i havent been playing like I was (AKA breaking things and reinstalling).. but I suffer from fear of missing out on exciting updates.

should i just contain myself and it will happen or have i ended up in a dead end update track wise?

pglbrookes

ts853A

though i am now worried i am having a senior moment and actually downloaded and installed it... if i did should installing the updated app just upgrade?

Just to add my 2 cents...I updated my TS-453A to the new 4.3.5 firmware and it killed Emby completely. I had to downgrade and also delete Emby and start from scratch. Everything was working fine before then.

Their new firmware should still be it Beta testing...it wasn't even close for mass release.

Yea I'm just curious what he meant by "killed emby". This way if another user reports a problem, I may be able to identify it as related to the firmware update. ,Thanks.

• Like 1

Sorry Luke...

It changed the file directory structure...Emby lost the ability to find metadata and the files themselves.

I was able to uninstall the CodexPack and reinstall it, which partially fixed the problem, but not enough to make Emby

operable.

This is an old problem that also occurs with external drives and Plex.

Qnap actually allows unlimited numbers of drives to be added as External. I currently have 5 four drive USB enclosures hooked to a powered 

USB hub and that is hooked to the QNAP for a total of 24 drives (142TB's). I don't run raid as I keep a copy of each drive as a backup.

Each drive contains one folder, either TV or MOVIE as needed. 

Each drive has to be mapped in the library as follows...

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/share/External01/TV5 - Where, External01 is the Drive label and TV5 is the folder in this

case containing TV series.

If I followed the normal path...

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/External01/TV5 - The drive order becomes scrambled after a reboot or firmware update and the file locations no

longer match the database....so Emby can no longer locate locate the correct files. (same thing happens with plex and twonky).

There were 2 firmware updates for my NAS...one which caused problems across the board for everyone and a second that partially 

corrected the situation. In my case, the update deleted among others, the "share" folder from the CodexPack directory so Emby could

no longer access any of the drives. Uninstalling the CodexPack and reinstalling it restored the "share" folder and I could play files

again, but I could not update or rescan any of the existing library. Also, only about half of the library was accessible so I assume

other Emby files may have been corrupted as well. Killed may have been a strong word, but it did more than enough damage to

have to cause Emby to be re-installed. I did not try reinstalling on the new firmware, but instead chose to downgrade and wait until

they get the new version fixed. 

I hope that makes sense....

EMBY was in no way at fault as it worked perfectly before the firmware update. I currently have 1228 TV series (65,466 episodes) and over 6,000

movies and it handles them with ease. Take that as a big compliment.

Oh yeah...a lot of complaints are also about a large increase of resources the updated operating system uses. Some people were

reporting as much as a 40% increase...that could cause a lot of playback issues.

To clarify a little better...the normal path for an external drive is...

/share/external/DEV3304_1/TV18

The DEV3304_1 is what QNAP assigns the drive as it is mounted...I guess you could call it a pseudo label.So as it reboots, it labels the drives

DEV33XX_1 where XX is the random order it mounted, so it's different at every boot.

Mapping it through the ..qpkg/CodexPack/share forces it to use the actual disk label.

And no problem..I hope this might help someone else.

Edited by jimc115

• 1 month later...

Just installed this qpkg. The "Emby Server" icon installed to the QNap desktop opens up https://server_ip:8920, which didn't respond - it took some googling to figure out that I can get to it from http port 8096. Not sure why the SSL port didn't work out of the box, but had I not thought to manually change the port/protocol, I probably would've just ended up thinking "this doesn't work."  Maybe consider defaulting the shortcut to http, and setting up https in the wizard or something. Or at least a note in the package description with the 2 possible links.

Do you guys still struggle with this? @@PenkethBoy ?

Yeah the link to the Https port 8920 has been a continuing problem but have gotten into the habit of just changing the port to 8096 in the search box on my browser that I do it without even thinking about it now have tried setting it in the dashboard settings but doesn't seem to have any effect . And I'm using the latest Beta qpkg so i"m assuming hasn't been fixed yet.   

schogobong

I recently switched to Version 3.6.0.76 beta on my QNAP TS431-P and am experiencing the following issues:

- Playback: I am unable to play any movies on the emby web interface. Watching movies through the Emby Kodi plugin on my Android TV works fine, but trying to play back a movie on the web interface results in the playback window opening and just "loading" into eternity

- Subtitles: In older versions there was a subtitle dropdown on the page with the movie information. That has disappeared. Also, when trying to watch the movie through kodi, there are no subtitles available. When looking at the actual files, there is a subtitle file available. I have never had this issue before. Also, it seems that subtitles are nolonger downloaded automatically, even though subscene is connected, the scheduled task is scheduled once every 24 hours, and when manually downloading the subtiltes they appear in the respective folder (they still don't show up in emby though...

I recently switched to Version 3.6.0.76 beta on my QNAP TS431-P and am experiencing the following issues:

- Playback: I am unable to play any movies on the emby web interface. Watching movies through the Emby Kodi plugin on my Android TV works fine, but trying to play back a movie on the web interface results in the playback window opening and just "loading" into eternity

- Subtitles: In older versions there was a subtitle dropdown on the page with the movie information. That has disappeared. Also, when trying to watch the movie through kodi, there are no subtitles available. When looking at the actual files, there is a subtitle file available. I have never had this issue before. Also, it seems that subtitles are nolonger downloaded automatically, even though subscene is connected, the scheduled task is scheduled once every 24 hours, and when manually downloading the subtiltes they appear in the respective folder (they still don't show up in emby though...

@@schogobong please see how to report a problem and we'll be happy to help. thanks !

schogobong

Sorry for that.

QNAP TS431-P

Emby V 3.6.0.76

Google Chrome /  Emby for Kodi 3.1.35a on a Windows 10 machine, an Android TV or an Android phone running Google Chrome

I have first noticed both problems after updating to ne Emby version mentioned above.

Please find attached the log file as well as a couple of screenshots. I hope this clarifies my issue, please let me know if you need anything else.

What you can see in the screenshots:

- Playback: This is the screen I get when trying to play a movie. The movie never starts playing

- Movie Information: As you can see, the dropdown for the subtitle selection is missing, which was previously there

- Files: Although, subtitles actually exist

- Subtitles: And subtitles can also be downloaded (even multiple exact matches)

- Scheduled Task Subtitles: And the scheduled task to find missing subtitles is enabled

20181215-1941 Log.txt

post-275247-0-98121300-1544904041_thumb.png

post-275247-0-61278900-1544904057_thumb.png

post-275247-0-36737000-1544904069_thumb.png

post-275247-0-21514300-1544904075_thumb.png

post-275247-0-27092500-1544904079_thumb.png

Sorry for that.

QNAP TS431-P

Emby V 3.6.0.76

Google Chrome /  Emby for Kodi 3.1.35a on a Windows 10 machine, an Android TV or an Android phone running Google Chrome

I have first noticed both problems after updating to ne Emby version mentioned above.

Please find attached the log file as well as a couple of screenshots. I hope this clarifies my issue, please let me know if you need anything else.

What you can see in the screenshots:

- Playback: This is the screen I get when trying to play a movie. The movie never starts playing

- Movie Information: As you can see, the dropdown for the subtitle selection is missing, which was previously there

- Files: Although, subtitles actually exist

- Subtitles: And subtitles can also be downloaded (even multiple exact matches)

- Scheduled Task Subtitles: And the scheduled task to find missing subtitles is enabled

Can you please update to the latest beta, try again, and then attach the emby server log? thanks.