New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

schogobong

Hi Luke, thanks for your reply!

How can I do that? Because usually when I install an external package there is going to be a second installation. How do I install it on top of the existing version?

Best,

schogobong

schogobong

Honestly, no idea..

It's a QNAP TS-431P with a Annapura Labs Alpine AL212 Dual-core ARM cortex-A15 CPU.

I just downloaded the emby package listed under "QNAP ARM X41, X31+, X31P, X28, X35 - BETA" . I assumed the X31P referred to the 431P as well?

Which package would you suggest I use?

Honestly, no idea..

It's a QNAP TS-431P with a Annapura Labs Alpine AL212 Dual-core ARM cortex-A15 CPU.

I just downloaded the emby package listed under "QNAP ARM X41, X31+, X31P, X28, X35 - BETA" . I assumed the X31P referred to the 431P as well?

Which package would you suggest I use?

The QNAP numbering is confusing. It looks like your architecture is armv7, which means you need either the x31 or x41 package, but I'm not sure which. I would just start by choosing one and trying it. Thanks.

trodarte

Will there be a package for the ts-x28a based architecture on Armv8 with Realtek RTD1296?  uname shows up as aarch64 but the current x31 and x41 packages do not install on my ts-328, which is similar to the ts-228a and ts-128a.  Plex is working on on a beta that supports these devices, but I prefer Emby.  I think Synology has some devices based on this chip too.  There is built in hardware decoding/transcoding with this chipset, so hope to be able to use it one day.   

schogobong

Allright...

So x41 is the one that was already installed, so I tried x31 - which was incompatible. Just to be sure I installed x41 again, but am still experiencing the same issues.

May I ask why you thought that I had the x64 package installed? Because I was already using the x41 package. Maybe that indicates something (says the guy who has no clue...but, you know...)?

alucryd

Will there be a package for the ts-x28a based architecture on Armv8 with Realtek RTD1296?  uname shows up as aarch64 but the current x31 and x41 packages do not install on my ts-328, which is similar to the ts-228a and ts-128a.  Plex is working on on a beta that supports these devices, but I prefer Emby.  I think Synology has some devices based on this chip too.  There is built in hardware decoding/transcoding with this chipset, so hope to be able to use it one day.   

We don't have an aarch64 package for qnap yet, but it's certainly feasible. We're currently adding support for more and more aarch64 devices.

Allright...

So x41 is the one that was already installed, so I tried x31 - which was incompatible. Just to be sure I installed x41 again, but am still experiencing the same issues.

May I ask why you thought that I had the x64 package installed? Because I was already using the x41 package. Maybe that indicates something (says the guy who has no clue...but, you know...)?

I determined this based on the server log.

Allright...

Now that you have x41 installed, can you please attach the emby server log? thanks.

alucryd

It's probably the x31 packages he needs, however it looks like ffmpeg doesn't work at all. I'm wondering about the "no such file or directory" though. @@schogobong Could you SSH into your device and check whether the ffmpeg binary is actually present in the installed package?

Edited by alucryd

schogobong

It's probably the x31 packages he needs, however it looks like ffmpeg doesn't work at all. I'm wondering about the "no such file or directory" though. @@schogobong Could you SSH into your device and check whether the ffmpeg binary is actually present in the installed package?

How would I figure that out? I have never done anything like that ;)

I could probably figure out the SSH part, but the rest is going to be tricky.

Thank you for your support alucryd!

trodarte

Wow.  everything is just working.  i dont think it can use the hardware decoders/encoders built in to Realtek RTD1296 yet, but that's not a big issue for me at the moment.  In Transcoding settings, it just seems to only list H.264 (AVC) ARM V4L2 H.264 in Preferred Hardware Encoders, but nothing in Preferred Hardware Decoders.  Most of my media is directplay and directstream (due to audio differences at different players) and that is all working just fine.  

FYI.  I had just finished setting up the docker release for arm64 and was going to use that for now, but it did have some additional memory overhead since I have to run Container Station.  Now that I can run Emby as a native app, it brings down my memory usage a bit.

Wow.  everything is just working.  i dont think it can use the hardware decoders/encoders built in to Realtek RTD1296 yet, but that's not a big issue for me at the moment.  In Transcoding settings, it just seems to only list H.264 (AVC) ARM V4L2 H.264 in Preferred Hardware Encoders, but nothing in Preferred Hardware Decoders.  Most of my media is directplay and directstream (due to audio differences at different players) and that is all working just fine.  

FYI.  I had just finished setting up the docker release for arm64 and was going to use that for now, but it did have some additional memory overhead since I have to run Container Station.  Now that I can run Emby as a native app, it brings down my memory usage a bit.

Can you please attach the emby server log, as well as the hardware detect log? Thanks !

trodarte

don't know if this helps, but when I run the switch -hwaccels on your custom ffmpeg 4.0.2, i get nothing back.  If I run it again ffmpeg 4.1 from qnapclub I get back two results.  maybe when you upgrade emby ffmpeg to 4.1, support will be included?

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer] # bin/ffmpeg -hide_banner -hwaccels

Hardware acceleration methods:

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer] # cd ..
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg] # cd ffmpeg/
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/ffmpeg] # ./ffmpeg -hide_banner -hwaccels
Hardware acceleration methods:
vdpau
vaapi