New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

Vidarr

Hello @@Luke

Btw the collection folder is really nice but i have some issue since the the update, some folders have 15 entry for the same video. for example look below :

5adf3084d0c37_20180424_152529.jpg

Edited by Vidarr

LukeNukem

I‘ve got the same problem. Some episodes have 4-6 entries for one file.

The metadata manager shows eintries for subfolder „.@__thumb“ and „default“ before filename. Can give you some screenshots later.

Vidarr

The screenshot in my post below and it's like that in many folders as Lukenukem said he is detecting @thumb and stuff.

LukeNukem

Here is a screenshot from metadata manager.

The other files have adefault, a100, s100, s800, instead of „default“ in filename.

When I delete the strange named media Emby Server is not responding any more and I have to restart the QNAP.

Edit: Second Screenshot

post-138246-0-39508500-1524686399_thumb.jpeg

post-138246-0-37416800-1524687283_thumb.jpeg

Edited by LukeNukem

OneCD

The QTS multimedia scanner has been creating those files for years. Despite everyone's best efforts to get it to stop. :lol:

• Like 1

LukeNukem

I'm new to qnap, so I didn't know that, thanks. Emby wasn't showing the folders with older versions.

I only activated multimedia scanning for my photos, does anybody know why it does create the folders in some of my video folders anyway?

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

you can get them to stop being produced easy enough - turn off thumb nail creation in file manager and turn off the QNAP multimedia scanner as @@OneCD said (Welcome OneCd still behind the sofa i see!)

the tricky bit (for the average user) is deleting them as they are hidden by the system by default 

• Like 2

LukeNukem

you can get them to stop being produced easy enough - turn off thumb nail creation in file manager and turn off the QNAP multimedia scanner as @@OneCD said (Welcome OneCd still behind the sofa i see!)

the tricky bit (for the average user) is deleting them as they are hidden by the system by default 

thanks for your reply.

i´ve disabled thumbnail creation for the video folders via file manager at first use.

I enabled multimedia scanner because of the QNAP Photo Station but only added my photos as media folder, so thumbnails shouldn´t be created in video folders?

Well seems to be a qts error and not an emby error, although it´s strange that they weren´t displayed in older emby version.

I´ll try to delete the .@_thumb folders via ssh and hope they won´t be generated again.

maybe I should disable Photo Station and multimedia scanner completely and use emby for photos too ;-)

RRo100
Hi Luke, Emby on my Qnap still has stability issues. Will there be a new version soon?

Or a new beta version (qpkg) for Qnap

Hi Luke, Emby on my Qnap still has stability issues. Will there be a new version soon?
Or a new beta version (qpkg) for Qnap

Please describe your issue by seeing how to report a problem. Thanks.

The new stable release is up on the website. Thanks guys.

Jonny67

Thank you. Just installed the new version but where do I find the release notes / what's new?

Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement. Thanks.

• Like 1