New QNAP Package for Testing

Luke

MischaBoender

I can't find a "ca-certificates.crt" file on my QNAP...

It's a TS-453Bmini, firmware: 4.3.4.0486 Build 20180215

alucryd

I think I found the issue, the symlink is created fine, but I believe Qnap deletes it on reboot :( I'll have to create the symlink in the emby startup script instead.

MischaBoender

I think I found the issue, the symlink is created fine, but I believe Qnap deletes it on reboot :( I'll have to create the symlink in the emby startup script instead.

If there's anything you want me to test just let me know. I've installed it for testing, so no problem if it comes crashing down...

alucryd

I took a different approach and used an environment variable. @@Luke could you upload the qnap package I just built please?

MischaBoender

Installed it (same filename?), but still throws the same error message.

Manually symlinking the ca-certificates.crt fixes the issue (until reboot).

alucryd

The CURLOPT_CAINFO env variable should now be set in the startup script pointing to /etc/ssl/certs/rootca.pem. With it I didn't need any symlink and still didn't get any error, that's weird.

MischaBoender

I see the variable in bin/emby-server, so I have the correct version. Removed the symlink and restarted Emby, but the issue persists.

Jibest

I'm on the latest build and noticed I needed to update the channel listing for one of my channels. When I tried to edit the channel list it came up blank. Now when I try to edit the Guide provider an error comes up saying "There was an error downloading tv lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again".

I checked my credentials on the schedulesdirect website and they work fine. I also tried deleting out the tuner and saved guide information and re-creating it but still the same error.

This may not be specific to this build but I have only noticed this since updating to the latest one this morning.

Server log attached

Log.zip

Edited by Jibest

MischaBoender

This might help to workaround the internet connectivity issue until a permanent fix is published:

ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/rootca.pem /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

AvengersFan

Working a treat for me now as well, and a lot lot snappier as well. Really really quick response for me!

Thank you :-)

bennynas

Hi everybody!
Just started using Emby on my WNAP TS-253A and pretty enjoying it (first of all hardware transcoding support :D ). So far I have only a problem to report: playback often starts with a huge delay (a minute or more). This happens under home wifi (not aninternet connection) and usually when streaming to a chromecast, but I noticed it even when using web app from a browser. When I tap "play" , I just see the white circle loader for seconds, and finally playback starts.

Any help for this?

Thanks!

PenkethBoy

Going to need more info than that :)

My 853A does not struggle like that but it will depend on what client you use etc

Does it happen if you turn off the wifi and use the network? Wifi is bad at streaming generally

Also was the video transcoding?

Info on what you did and how and also the type of video(s) you were playing

bennynas

Going to need more info than that :)

Does it happen if you turn off the wifi and use the network? Wifi is bad at streaming generally

Also was the video transcoding?

Info on what you did and how and also the type of video(s) you were playing

Thanks for the reply, I'm talking about mkv files encoded with H264 (but I saw Emby performs very well even hw-transcoding HEVC :) ). The client could be my PC (wifi connected) or one of my two Chromecasts (an old one a new model, same behaviour). In these scenarios Emby does not transcode: when I'm streaming in the browser I can see the "nerd stats" saying "Direct Play", and when on the chromecast CPU usage on the NAS stays low.

The weird thing is that once playback has started, there's no stutter, buffering, high NAS CPU usage, or other problems: it just takes a lot of time to start!

Honestly, I don't think the problem is my home network: using Plex on the same NAS and same videos (so, no transcoding) works flawlessly.

Here are infos about one typical video I play:

Codec: H264
Risoluzione: 1920x802
Formato: 2.40:1
Framerate: 24
Bitrate: 4589 kbps

PenkethBoy

Did you try with a wired connection as a test to eliminate the wifi?

If its direct playing then it has to be the wifi or the client app "buffering" by the sound of it

Just a heads up, I've removed the link from the first post and going forward you can find this package from the download page of our website:

https://emby.media/download

It's under the NAS section, then select QNAP.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

viceversa

Thank you so much Luke! It's working great. Any chance we can see this as an official app in the QNAP App center?

Thank you so much Luke! It's working great. Any chance we can see this as an official app in the QNAP App center?

Yes that is the hope, thanks.