[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

EmbyCon related in that case. You have to talk to @@TeamB

Edited by sualfred

It is not related to EmbyCon because on oryginal skin everything load faster (posters and other images are loading from cache)

Embuary still loading new content from plugin and display „loading content”

sualfred

Please believe me or any other dev if I say it's not related to something. We know how this stuff works. Loading content is displayed as long as the container is updating. And this is related to EmbyCon. Estuary just don't display those things. All I do is calling the addon listing of EmbyCon.

Edited by sualfred

jonomite

Hello,

It appears that the icon for bookmarks/chapters no longer appear in the OSD menu for videos. I've tried updating my library to see if that solves the issue but it hasn't. I am using Emby for Kodi in native mode.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sualfred

Yep, already has been fixed yesterday. Should be fixed with the update of yesterday evening.

• Like 1

sualfred

Oops, missed to update on the Emby repo. Anyway, update is on the way.

Polyzp_emby

Im running into issues with the "Live TV" widget visible through the embuary skin, which accesses PVR simple iptv client. More specifically, the "search tv guide" section.

It opens a page , which then opens another page which allows for a search, however after an initial search is made, it disallows me from re-editing the search string without it searching my entire guide first (blank search takes some time).

I have a quick and easy solution to the problem! (And in my opinion streamlines the search capability in the live tv widget for live tv)

I recommend simply changing the action for "search tv guide" button on the widget for live tv to:

ActivateWindow(pvrguidesearch)

This effectively would remove the issue, and makes the utility of the search within the widget much cleaner.

I tested this by making a custom menu item with the command, and it works flawlessly. (**NOT** see below) I wish the search button in the widget for live tv itself worked in this way. Could it be changed?

Let me know what you think of this proposal!

Await your response!

Thank you again for such a beautiful kodi skin!

**EDIT: upon closer inspection, when kodi is freshly restarted or opened for the first time, the command -- ActivateWindow(pvrguidesearch) -- has default values in each field : ?0? . Search capability is not working, and any attempt to change the ?0? Field input crashes kodi.

Alternatively, when the live tv widget search is first accessed, and then the following command is used afterwards at any time -- ActivateWindow(searchpvrguide) -- , the fields remain properly filled, and the search in fact works.

Is the way you have the widget setup such that these fields are populated initially when "search tv guide" button is pressed on the live tv widget, and then on the following page, the "search" option then activates the window pvrguidesearch with fields properly populated (genre/max/min duration / group / channel)?

It would be nice to have the pvrguidesearch window activate or popup in a single click, with peroperly populated (default?) Fields.

Attachments --

First image : what shows with a fresh kodi start or restart, when I simply input the command -- ActivateWindow(pveguidesearch) -- search actually isnt working in this case.

Second image : what shows when "search tv guide" button is pressed in the embuary live tv widget, and then "search" is pressed on the following page. (This leads to a properly filled window)

post-365377-0-52712100-1556167649_thumb.jpg

post-365377-0-87775300-1556167659_thumb.jpg

Edited by Polyzp_emby

sualfred

That's handled by the Kodi core and the search dialog only works correclty if the main search window has been openend. That's why I did it in this way.

And I've tested it on my end -> I have no problems to do more than 1 search and with editing the search strings. It works very well.

Polyzp_emby

When I make an initial search, it doesnt reset each time the search is made (similar to glbal search). It will re-search what was previously in the search field, when trying to make a new search. If this now made blank , it will search empty field (so basically every single live tv show in past present future, which bogs my system down) Only once this initial search is made, that the search field can be re-edited for a new input. It would be nice to have the search "reset" after each time a search is made within the tv guide. (To behave as it would with kodi opening for the first time - search box is cleared and has zero input, and doesnt need to actually search what was previously in the field, or even search "blank" and result in every single live tv show ever, playing in the past/present/future)

Edited by Polyzp_emby

sualfred

@

I'll reply here so everyone sees it:

It's mostly a Kodi Krypton or Kodi Krypton issue on the ATV4.

There's nothing I can fix or change, because all of this is Kodi filled and controlled. 

But maybe you ATV users will have some luck. Someone started to make the build tools ready to bring Kodi Leia to your devices somewhere in future.

sualfred

Oh, you bought a N2? Good to know. This device is very promising.

sualfred

The Emby + Embuary experience is stutterfree and the UI is smooth?

sualfred

Friends of lighter themes maybe will be happy on the next update. Blex theme has been revised.

Preview:

5cc709ead15bc_unknown.png

5cc70af57b9f4_Anmerkung20190429162941.jp

5cc70aff57983_Anmerkung20190429163014.jp

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

hstamas

Rediscovering Embuary recently and was wondering if the following was possible to better mimic what the native apps do.

When you go to a TV episode detail information screen, below the main info area is a list of other episodes from that particular season ("more from season 2") for example.

As it is right now, that row of thumbnails starts at episode 1 regardless of how many episodes youve actually watched in that season. 

Any way for it to default to the newest unwatched episode in the list like native Emby does?

Senna

PVR TV program info detail screen:

Is it possible to hide sub-title info from detail program page, when sub-title data is NOT present in EPG Guide data ?

5ccc8ebf31c3c_Movie_Info.png

This only happens when TV program detail info is requested from:

• Info button during play
  • On right now
  • Last tuned channels
When requested from PVR TV Guide, the sub-title info "No further program information available" is hidden by Skin.

Edit:

Looks like this is also happening for Recordings info.

Edited by Senna

sualfred

@@hstamas

Not possible. Sorry. I have no control about what item should be the first focused one

@@Senna

I have to try something but I don't think it will work without creating a gap.

Senna

I have to try something but I don't think it will work without creating a gap.

The gap is no problem for me. See example below when program info is launched from TV Guide, but if you can solve it, that would be better indeed.

5ccc9faed752a_Program_Info_from_TVGuide.