[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

jluce50

First, great skin. Thanks for all your hard work!

I'm having trouble with random playback of TV episodes. I'd like to just shuffle play all episodes of a series, but it never seems to work quite right. If I select Options on a series in the All TV Shows view, then select Play and enable "Random", it will play 2 or 3 episodes and then it seems to forget that it's in a playlist and won't play any more episodes. The other route I tried was creating a playlist in Emby and setting it as a menu item in the TV hub. Playing directly from the playlist results in the same behavior. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

• Like 1

sualfred

Not really skin related. But please provide a log so we are able to see what's causing the break.

@@Angelblue05

fyi

sualfred

@@jluce50

The playback stops if the current item is on the last position of the playlist because there is no item after it. 

I'll add a "play folder" feature to Embuary to bypass the issue so you don't have to touch the "random" option at all.

• Like 1

jluce50

Thanks, that would be great!

However, I don't think that's what's happening. It's very consistent and I have a hard time believing that playback always starts 2-3 episodes from the end of the playlist.

I'm working on getting the log and I'll upload it shortly

@@jluce50

The playback stops if the current item is on the last position of the playlist because there is no item after it. 

I'll add a "play folder" feature to Embuary to bypass the issue so you don't have to touch the "random" option at all.

clarkss12

How do I change sever.

I have Embuary installed on CoreELEC, but now I added the Emby server onto same device. How do I change server??  Right now, I am using a server running under Windows, I want to change to Emby running under CoreELEC (on same device).

thanks

jluce50

Here is my log. In reproducing the issue, I'm starting to think it has something to do with either the Up Next functionality or Kodi's "Play next video automatically" functionality. Initially, I manually skipped to the next video multiple times and it worked fine. However, when I let the video play through and the next video started automatically, that appears to be when the issue arises. After the next video automatically starts, you can no longer advance manually (though it will still play the next video automatically). I described it as "forgetting" it's in a playlist because the playlist icon disappears from the player controls (although the "Random" icon is still there).

The issue started with the episode "5x17 - It Takes a Village Idiot. and I Married One.avi" towards the bottom.

https://paste.kodi.tv/vegawuxoba.kodi

Edited by jluce50
  • Like 1

sualfred

@@clarkss12

addons -> emby -> reset local database. With this dialog you are able to reset your database and all emby addon settings. After a Kodi restart you can start from the beginning

@@jluce50

Thanks for the log. We will take a look into it. ( @@Angelblue05 fyi )

I've pushed the skin update a few hours ago. you are now able to start a shuffled playback via context menu, slide view or info dialog.

• Like 2

clarkss12

@@clarkss12

addons -> emby -> reset local database. With this dialog you are able to reset your database and all emby addon settings. After a Kodi restart you can start from the beginning

@@jluce50

Thanks for the log. We will take a look into it. ( @@Angelblue05 fyi )

I've pushed the skin update a few hours ago. you are now able to start a shuffled playback via context menu, slide view or info dialog.

Thank you, @@sualfred

Edited by clarkss12

Angelblue05

If you have up next, it kicks in if you let the episode run it’s course until the end. If you don’t want to play the next episode (given by upnext) then you need to hit close when the upnext dialog shows up. This will cancel upnext and keep your current playlist intact.

Edited by Angelblue05

Zodler

Love everything about this skin. There is one issue and it's when you change volume.

The whole UI info shows up which is very distracting when you need to change the volume several times during a movie.
Especially if you depend on reading subtitles.

It would be great if like most other skins, when you change volume, only a small icon like a circle show up and not the entire player interface.

clarkss12

Is it possible to incorporate Emby's live TV into your addon?  Right now, I am using your addon on CoreELEC, but I have to use a Linux port for the HDHomeRun TV app, to get the live TV.

If you go to time 10:55 on my video you can see what I am talking about.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv09QjyW4SY&lc=z22pvnioayq0ix3llacdp432spujzugpj1zslfqvhplw03c010c

sualfred

Kodi requires real PVR backends. They are using binary addons. There is no way to bypass anything that is related to PVR. Even the JSON API is limited to access it.

Afaik there is a HD Homerun Client available -> https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:HDHomeRun_PVR Just install it from the official Kodi repo.

Btw:

You can switch the EPG thumbnail aspect ratio in the skin to 4:3 to get rid of your thumbnail borders.

Vidman

Kodi requires real PVR backends. They are using binary addons. There is no way to bypass anything that is related to PVR. Even the JSON API is limited to access it.

Afaik there is a HD Homerun Client available -> https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:HDHomeRun_PVR Just install it from the official Kodi repo.

Btw:

You can switch the EPG thumbnail aspect ratio in the skin to 4:3 to get rid of your thumbnail borders.

A year or 2 back there was some discussion about developing an emby live TV PVR addon for kodi, but i guess this was abandoned

hstamas

Is it possible to incorporate Emby's live TV into your addon?  Right now, I am using your addon on CoreELEC, but I have to use a Linux port for the HDHomeRun TV app, to get the live TV.

If you go to time 10:55 on my video you can see what I am talking about.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv09QjyW4SY&lc=z22pvnioayq0ix3llacdp432spujzugpj1zslfqvhplw03c010c

@@clarkss12 are you aware of the "unofficial" HDHomerun add-on for Kodi:

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=71135

Polyzp_emby

Hi again!

Iv been testing embuary krypton on kodi for apple tv 4k. I noticed im getting a non stop embuary helper error popup. Im not sure why.

I pm'd you my kodi log with both embuary helper debugging and embuary helper logging set to on in its setting panel. I simply open kodi, and the errors arrise, and do not cease.

Thanks again!!

sualfred

It's a known issue with TVOS. The shipped PIL module is broken/incomplete on that device. 

I've muted the error for @@horstepipe 2 days ago and since yesterday the updated Krypton version is available on the repo:

https://repo.derfred.net/krypton/script.embuary.helper/script.embuary.helper-1.0.9.zip

But this only mutes the error. I cannot fix it. It's an issue of the weird bitten apple.

• Like 1

Polyzp_emby

I had installed the latest from the repo as of last night. I will try the latest tonight. What version should embuary krypton be with the "fix" ! Thanks again!

clarkss12

I installed Tvheadend PVR server and client on the same device running CoreELEC.  Is it possible, you could make the guide look more like the Emby guide?  Or is a function of Kodi?

Emby guide >>  post-38990-0-24175200-1563397457_thumb.jpg

Kodi guide >>  post-38990-0-86204500-1563397491_thumb.jpg

Embuary guide >> post-38990-0-85739700-1563397532_thumb.jpg

jluce50

Just so I'm clear, it sounds like the issue with with the UpNext addon somehow kicking me out of the playlist? If so, I'll see if I can contact the UpNext dev as I use that functionality quite a bit. 

If you have up next, it kicks in if you let the episode run it’s course until the end. If you don’t want to play the next episode (given by upnext) then you need to hit close when the upnext dialog shows up. This will cancel upnext and keep your current playlist intact.

Angelblue05

I don’t think there is a proper solution right now for those competing behaviors (kodi play and upnext).

Emby for Kodi sets up upnext, I’m not sure if there’s a way to resolve this, since this behavior would also happen without Emby for Kodi, for example using native playback + shuffled playlist would still trigger upnext.

sualfred

Yeah, it's super annoying.

My wife is watching King of Queens shuffled right now and it took some time until she realized that she has to decline the upnext message for the next episode ;)

Edited by sualfred

jluce50

There is, but playlists are my main use case for Up Next!

Isn’t there a setting to disable up next on playlist which should do the trick?

Edited by jluce50