[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

It's running smooth on a old Ion? Never expected that. It wasn't really a fast device back in the days when it was thrown on the market.

Anyway, thanks :)

rbjtech

It's running smooth on a old Ion? Never expected that. It wasn't really a fast device back in the days when it was thrown on the market.

Anyway, thanks :)

Surprisingly quick tbh - the ssd helps  ;) but other than maybe a 1/2 second delay on the loading screens, scrolling is more than acceptable.  Playback on the Ion is faultless @ 1080p as it's DXVA hardware accelerated - it even frame rate switches ! - not bad for hardware that is 10 years old.

Oracle

So, curious as to why in my TV shows library, the show info (such as the main show description specifically) is not there, but under a widget I created that points to latest episodes, it appears. How can I make it appear in the main library? Sorry if that doesnt make sense.

sualfred

Something is messed up with your library. Please perform a database reset.

Angelblue05

So, curious as to why in my TV shows library, the show info (such as the main show description specifically) is not there, but under a widget I created that points to latest episodes, it appears. How can I make it appear in the main library? Sorry if that doesnt make sense.

That sounds like the library is not synced? You can try to repair it. What do you see when you open the Emby for Kodi? Let me know.

Oracle

That sounds like the library is not synced? You can try to repair it. What do you see when you open the Emby for Kodi? Let me know.

Using EmbyCon, and the Embuary skin, I've created custom menu items that link up to specific Emby nodes (i.e. All TV, All Movies, etc etc.) I'll screenshot some stuff and add it here as I get it.

Main Page: https://gyazo.com/39a783fc4755823f3664274ae98d31bf

TV Show Display From Within "Latest Episodes Widget": https://gyazo.com/10cc3e42eae352ba8b33fb72b0dfbdf7

TV Show Display From Within "TV Shows" Menu Item: https://gyazo.com/5202f2e817bb91cb262710e29c006f79

If I'm missing something or didn't provide something, please inform me. I've just begun using Kodi (literally yesterday) and am still figuring it all out.

Edited by Arly (Sprinkles)
  • Like 1

Oracle

Using EmbyCon, and the Embuary skin, I've created custom menu items that link up to specific Emby nodes (i.e. All TV, All Movies, etc etc.) I'll screenshot some stuff and add it here as I get it.

Main Page: https://gyazo.com/39a783fc4755823f3664274ae98d31bf

TV Show Display From Within "Latest Episodes Widget": https://gyazo.com/10cc3e42eae352ba8b33fb72b0dfbdf7

TV Show Display From Within "TV Shows" Menu Item: https://gyazo.com/5202f2e817bb91cb262710e29c006f79

If I'm missing something or didn't provide something, please inform me. I've just begun using Kodi (literally yesterday) and am still figuring it all out.

@@Angelblue05, I've attached the images as requested. Just let me know if anything else needs to be provided.

Oracle

Something is messed up with your library. Please perform a database reset.

How do I do that?

Angelblue05

How do I do that?

You don’t do that unless you are using Emby for kodi. But you are using Embycon, this means content is not synced to your Kodi library and are just displayed via Embycon’s plugin listing.

sualfred

@Arly

Sorry, I thought you are using Emby for Kodi. What you see is the info dialog, but as far as I can see you have activated "show information" as default action. Just switch it back to "play" and everything is fine. The info dialog can be opened with "i". 

Reason for this behavior:

"show information" will always open the info for episode items and movies, but not for shows or season folders inside of the "library" window. It just enters them. The widget "lates episode" is a episode listing, but the library node you are entering are folders. 

Edited by sualfred

jonomite

With the most recent update, I've noticed that when I open a music album and select a song to play, the background image goes from 100% opacity to 0% opacity. This behavior continues after I navigate away from the album page and throughout the skin. I've tried changing the background opacity setting in Settings -> Appearance, to no avail. The only way I've found that I can correct it is to restart Kodi.  

jonomite

@@jonomite

Can you please try the attached version?

Thanks for sending this. Unfortunately I am still experiencing the same behavior with this version.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sualfred

@@jonomite

Please disable the music visualisation, if enabled. I've noticed that the only working music visualisation here is MilkDrop. All others return a black screen that cause exactly this issue.

jonomite

@@jonomite

Please disable the music visualisation, if enabled. I've noticed that the only working music visualisation here is MilkDrop. All others return a black screen that cause exactly this issue.

I confirmed that music visualization isn't enabled, and the problem still occurs.

jonomite

@@sualfred

FWIW, I am noticing this behavior during video playback too. Although videos will play properly, if I click on the info button on the OSD, the info screen has a 0% opague background making the text very difficult to read.

jonomite

@@jonomite

Ok, guess I know the reason.

Please try it again with the attached one.

Pleased to report this has resolved the issue.

Allstar007

hello my english is not that good, so i used google translate. Is there a possibility if you click on the menu on series or movies that you then directly see all series or movies? otherwise a very nice skin.

sualfred

Yes, but you have to create your own shortcut via the main menu editor in the skin settings.

cablegooru

Is there a limit to “up next”? For some reason I’m only seeing about 3/4 of my actual up next. When using web browser or any other native app it works fine

sualfred

Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon?

I limit to 25 for all widgets because of speed penalties