[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

That’s not the behavior I’m seeing unfortunately. Here is my use case along with attached Kodi logs.

I’ve enabled “play next video automatically” for TV Shows, Episodes & uncatorgorized just to cover all the bases. I navigated to one of my kids TV shows. It’s only one season so all the episodes are listed. At the top of the screen I’ve selected “shuffle”. Season 1, Episode 22 starts playing. When that episode ends I am returned to the list of episodes.

Note that all of the episodes for this particular show are already watched. Could this feature only work for unwatched episodes?

I also notice that the Kodi system setting to play the next video automatically mentions in the description that it plays the next item in the PLAYLIST. When selecting the shuffle button I’m not seeing any sort of playlis being created.

FYI

This has been changed for the upcoming version. 

The shuffle option will now add items of the container and plays them in a random order

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 2

Hi,

I'd like to request a feature I can't seem to add myself through settings. using embycon with this skin. On the home page under My Media there is a hub for my emby libraries, in this example Movies. In this hub there are more options currently Movies, Unwatched Moves, Genres and Collections. Would it be possible to add a shortcut to embycon's Movies a-z menu here? (and same for tv shows) My media collection is too large for Kodi to load all My movies/TV shows.

If this is not the right place to post a feature request or if this is possible in settings (if so how?) I apologise. 

Great skin,

Thanks!

sualfred

Should be no problem. Will add it on the list for the next version.

• Like 1

sualfred

@@Kinv

Just noticed that A-Z is only available for ALL movies or ALL TV shows. 

In this case just use the regular All Movies and All TV Shows hub and add a shortcut to the menu. 

• Like 1

sualfred

Replied on the kodi board. It's no issue, it's wanted in this way.

Please do a better "issue report" the next time. Describe the scenario and how your setup looks like. That makes it easier for me/us to follow you.

Phishflix

im sry i talk better then i type dont know if you want to continue here or over in the other thread but here the issue on the main screen it only show 5 movies but in the movies hub it shows the 25 movie it used to show 25 on main wondering why it started removeing movies when i havent watched them

post-182669-0-13432000-1558167147_thumb.png

post-182669-0-11888100-1558167161_thumb.png

Edited by Phishflix

sualfred

As replied at the Kodi boards it's because the widget on the home screen is limited to movies that has been added in the last 60 days. That's not the case for the Emby nodes.

Reason:

The home "new movies" covers all possible Emby nodes.

Phishflix

ok thxns for info i understand now guessing that not an editable thing

Edited by Phishflix

S3R14L

How to put when to select a movie it does not play, but open the part of Synopsis and Subtitles setting?

Example: -> 5ce19e8d9ee3b_CapturadeTela20190519as152

sualfred

Sorry, I don't get what you mean. 

Please describe the problem in detail + attach a log if the playback doesn't start.

clarkss12

I have not read through this whole thread, hope my question has not already been answered many times.  I have been testing your ** skin ** on one of my Android boxes running CoreELEC.  Everything is playing smoothly, but I can't get any information on the cast members.  I installed the Extended INFO script, but it does NOT give me any information on the actor.  I think on one of my test, I got it to show the information.  I have installed and uninstalled it numerous  times.  Your YouTube video is not very good at telling me HOW to install that skin and set it up.........

sualfred

Please capture this problem with a log.

You also have to wait a couple of seconds. ExtendedInfo is unmaintaned and has some issues with Leia.

And the video is just for visual demonstration. It's not meant to be a manual. 

clarkss12

I am running it on 2 different boxes, one an Amlogic S905 and one an Amlogic S905x, the 905x, keeps crashing.  I will have to keep testing.  I made a video on how to install it and run it, but it did not come out very well, I am going to try again when I get more time.

I love Kodi, it will play EVERYTHING, all the video codecs AND audio codecs, even on low powered, low cost hardware.  I am now addicted to Emby, so your skin, gives me the best of both worlds.........

sualfred

Provide a log so we can assist you to solve the crashing.

clarkss12

After a few long days of constantly trying to get this skin to work the way I want it to, I finally figured it out.  I have become addicted to the Emby interface, but love Kodi running under LibreELEC or CoreELEC, for the ability to play every media codec that I have.  Somehow I discovered this skin, and it gives me everything I want.  Using this skin, on my inexpensive, low powered Android boxes, running CoreELEC, I have the best of both worlds, Emby and Kodi..

I made a video showing what it looks like and HOW to install it onto CoreELEC.  It plays as good or even better than my Nvidia Shield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FQGuesEwi0

Edit:  From my brief testing, it APPEARS that there is NO transcoding, even with CC or subtitles enabled.  What this means, the server can run on a very low powered device.  I have installed the server on this same 4 year old Beelink MX3 (Amlogic S905) box.  More testing to be done............. 

Edited by clarkss12
  • Like 1

clarkss12

The more I use this ** skin **, the more I like it.  Running this ** skin ** on my cheapie 4 year old box with CoreELEC as the OS, KICKS my Nvidia Shield's butt.........

This gives me the best of both worlds, plays EVERYTHING without transcoding, even CC or subtitles, which the Shield CAN'T do.  It also has many more options than the Android TV OS version.  It has almost as many options as the Windows version, but FAR simpler to use.

Not sure how I ever misses this option of a client.........  Maybe you can wave some flags, to get people to try it.  If I had seen this option a year ago, I would have NEVER purchased the Shield........

Great job............. thanks.

Spaceboy

The more I use this ** skin **, the more I like it. Running this ** skin ** on my cheapie 4 year old box with CoreELEC as the OS, KICKS my Nvidia Shield's butt.........

This gives me the best of both worlds, plays EVERYTHING without transcoding, even CC or subtitles, which the Shield CAN'T do. It also has many more options than the Android TV OS version. It has almost as many options as the Windows version, but FAR simpler to use.

Not sure how I ever misses this option of a client......... Maybe you can wave some flags, to get people to try it. If I had seen this option a year ago, I would have NEVER purchased the Shield........

Great job............. thanks.

as noted in the other thread that’s not the case for subtitles outside of the US.

I’ve used kodi in the past with skins. I just don’t like it

clarkss12

as noted in the other thread that’s not the case for subtitles outside of the US.

I’ve used kodi in the past with skins. I just don’t like it

If you have a device that can run CoreELEC, you may be amazed what this ** skin ** does.......  

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to feed the EmbyCon 'Continue watching' and 'Next up' dynamic playlists into the Nvidia Shield Kodi channel so they can be displayed on the Shield home page?

sualfred

Nope. The Kodi channels are not working with plugins. 

If you direct access your media you can simply use the great Emby Android app. This one supports it.

Shame. I do direct access media but I'm having too many issues with lip-sync with the Emby Android TV app.

Senna

@@sualfred

Could you please look at the following issue regarding multiple Kodi profile use:

When multiple Kodi profiles are used, logging off my Embuary Kodi profile always loads the same other Kodi profile directly, without staying in screen where to select another Kodi profile.

This issue is present for a long time already, but I thought it was my Kodi (Windows version) setup causing this so never reported this, but last weekend, I setup an Embuary Kodi profile on my brothers and his wife Android TV and now I see this happening also there.

On my system logging off my Embuary Kodi profile, it defaults to loading the Master Profile. On my brothers and wife Android TV, I can't remember exactly where it defaults to when logging off, but I guess it is also the Kodi Master Profile.

Logging off from a Kodi profile where no Embuary skin is used, Kodi shows normal behaviour showing the screen with all profiles and staying there, so this issue must be Embuary skin related.

sualfred

I've implemented a forced refresh, because of bugs in Kodi 18 after a profile change or if the system has locks. The system is completed messed up and will be recreated from scratch for Kodi 19

Can you give me a detailed explaination how your profile structure looks like so I'm able to reproduce it?

In the meantime please help me to identify the root of the issue:

script.embuary.helper -> service.py

First try to remove this part:

# Workaround for login screen bug
	if not has_reloaded:
		if visible('System.HasLoginScreen + Skin.HasSetting(ReloadOnLogin)'):
			log('System has login screen enabled. Reload the skin to load all strings correctly.')
			execute('ReloadSkin()')
			has_reloaded = True

If that doesn't help, please add it back and remove this part:

# Master lock reload logic for widgets
	if visible('System.HasLocks'):
		if master_lock == 'None':
			master_lock = True if visible('System.IsMaster') else False
			log('Master mode: %s' % master_lock)

if master_lock == True and not visible('System.IsMaster'):
			log('Left master mode. Reload skin.')
			master_lock = False
			execute('ReloadSkin()')

elif master_lock == False and visible('System.IsMaster'):
			log('Entered master mode. Reload skin.')
			master_lock = True
			execute('ReloadSkin()')

elif not master_lock == 'None':
		master_lock = 'None'

You alway have to restart Kodi to apply the changes.

Senna

The system is completed messed up and will be recreated from scratch for Kodi 19

I know, Kodi profiles has always been troublesome in whatever Kodi version :rolleyes:

Can you give me a detailed explanation how your profile structure looks like so I'm able to reproduce it?

Kodi profiles are set up with separate media info/sources, but with a copy of default settings and fresh media sources.

In master profile:

5cf8fd8ee84a2_Master_profile.png

In Embuary profile:

5cf8fda9be8ad_Embuary_profile.png

Also looked for locked profiles, but non are present:

5cf8febf6ea12_Profileselection.png

In the meantime please help me to identify the root of the issue:

script.embuary.helper -> service.py

First try to remove this part:

# Workaround for login screen bug
	if not has_reloaded:
		if visible('System.HasLoginScreen + Skin.HasSetting(ReloadOnLogin)'):
			log('System has login screen enabled. Reload the skin to load all strings correctly.')
			execute('ReloadSkin()')
			has_reloaded = True
If that doesn't help, please add it back and remove this part:

# Master lock reload logic for widgets
	if visible('System.HasLocks'):
		if master_lock == 'None':
			master_lock = True if visible('System.IsMaster') else False
			log('Master mode: %s' % master_lock)

if master_lock == True and not visible('System.IsMaster'):
			log('Left master mode. Reload skin.')
			master_lock = False
			execute('ReloadSkin()')

elif master_lock == False and visible('System.IsMaster'):
			log('Entered master mode. Reload skin.')
			master_lock = True
			execute('ReloadSkin()')

elif not master_lock == 'None':
		master_lock = 'None'
You alway have to restart Kodi to apply the changes.

Tried both, no changes in behavior.

What I do notice, when I "enter" to log off and during the log off, when I do another "enter" it loads the Embuary Kodi profile again. So maybe when logging off with one "enter" than Kodi registers it as two "enters" and uses that to load the Kodi Master profile ?