[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

These two code snippets are the only things I do. As I said. Kodi 18 profiles are completely fucked up. 

Can you provide a debug log that captures it?

Senna

Can you provide a debug log that captures it?

Off course, do you want any specific component logging activated ?

sualfred

nope, just a common debug log. 

And one without debug logging enabled. Just to be sure. Debug logging is always so full of spam.

Senna

nope, just a common debug log. 

And one without debug logging enabled. Just to be sure. Debug logging is always so full of spam.

Logs are in your PM box :)

sualfred

Nothing special in the logs, so it's not caused by me. Sorry. I guess we have to wait for Kodi 19.

Senna

Nothing special in the logs, so it's not caused by me.

Well, it is only happening with Embuary skin and NOT with Estuary skin, which I use in my other Kodi profiles.

But as I said already in PM, only reporting this issue and it has no priority for me, so lets wait and see what Kodi 19 brings indeed.

sualfred

I have a lot of users using profiles so I have no idea. Because of them I've implemented this stuff from above to get rid of 2 main Kodi profile issues. My test profile at home also works as expected.

sualfred

@@Senna

Another idea

Can you please try to remove these three lines from the startup.xml of the skin?
I guess it's related to it because "auto login last user" doesn't fill the bool HasLoginScreen.

<onload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(EmbuaryFirstStartup) + !System.HasLoginScreen">AlarmClock(startupdelay,ReplaceWindow(1119),00:02,silent)</onload>[/font]
<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(EmbuaryFirstStartup) + !System.HasLoginScreen">AlarmClock(startupdelay,ReplaceWindow($VAR[StartUpWindow]),00:02,silent)</onload>
<onload condition="System.HasLoginScreen">ReplaceWindow($VAR[StartUpWindow])</onload>

And replace it with

<onload>ReplaceWindow($VAR[StartUpWindow])</onload>
Edited by sualfred

Senna

And replace it with

<onload>ReplaceWindow($VAR[StartUpWindow])</onload>

That replacement fixed my issue with the log off :)

Saw a quick warning on screen so I captured the last lines of the Kodi log:

2019-06-06 15:45:02.081 T:68384  NOTICE: [ script.embuary.helper ] Service stopped
2019-06-06 15:45:02.087 T:83996   ERROR: Unable to find plugin script.embuary.helper
2019-06-06 15:45:02.088 T:83996   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getinprogress&reload=
2019-06-06 15:45:02.131 T:85732  NOTICE:   load skin from: C:\Program Files\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary (version: 2.0.22)

sualfred

Ok, so I have to think about a workaround for people with those settings. Thanks for pointing me into the right direction.

The line in the log is a possible race condition caused by the profile switchings. My hands are bound if Kodi doesn't change the way how it works.

Senna

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction.

Always welcome to help :)

Angus2064

Hello !

I use Embuary with Embycon since a while and I'm very happy with this combo.

But I discover a little default in the "media information" .I don't know if the problem come from embycon or embuary but the language info for audio and subtitle are not showed in the information beside of the others codec/resolution etc...

That would be very great if I can see these infos.

Maybe I got a problem on my install ,or this problem come to others too ?

Thanks in advance.

post-439724-0-54787300-1560333304_thumb.jpeg

sualfred

Subtitle information is shown for me but I can confirm that ListItem.AudioLanguage isn't filled by EmbyCon

@@TeamB

FYI

gtmnyc

hi all great skin, getting the hang of it now. I have a question about a few widgets. Can i change the on now thumbnail from the channel icon to the actual show/ episode thumb, like in Channel guide.

thanks in advance

5d04e932273d2_Kodi_20190615_133742.png

5d04e88faa27a_Kodi_20190615_133703.png

sualfred

Skin settings -> Playback & media -> use EPG thumbnails for PVR widgets

This settings is usually enabled by default.

5d05285b9ad41_Anmerkung20190615191802.jp

gtmnyc

Thanks, i dont how or when i turned off the thumbnail settings.. now i've came across another little anomaly. I set tv shows as widgets, but because they are in their folders they are not clickable.. is there a way to remedy this. 

sualfred

You have to configure the widget and set the correct target type

Edited by sualfred

Menama

Hello,

I just installed Embuary, It's a good job, thank you sualfred.

However I've some requests:

- Maybe there is something I don't do correctly but I don't have acces to my "personal video and pictures"

- Maybe I'm alone but I think that the plugin should be better with a bigger size for the texts (and pictures in parameters)?

- When I navigate in artist music, when no fanart, at background we see fanart of movies.

Edited by Menama

tealc59

Hello sualfred,

I use Emby for Kodi  (Coreelec 9.0.2 / Kodi 18.2)  with Emby Server  (all latest versions).

Sorry for maybe 2 noob questions :

On the Embuary Home Page,  i can't see the 'latest' library items except for one (TV shows).  Missing : latest movies/kids/music/Fun/...  

Are you aware of any issue that could explain that ?   Or do you know what/where should i check ?

(All information are correctly displayed if i go to Emby Home webpage :   http://<IP>:8096/web/index.html#!/home.html )

Still on the Embuary Home Page,  if i go to the item  "Collections"  (which was automatically created &  type = "Mixed Content"),  it then shows an "Emby" folder then doesn't show the Collections with the items that exist  (it was working correctly in earlier versions of Emby/skin months ago, but i can't remember when)

Thanks a lot for your time  :-)

(ans as always, thanks for all your work !)

I use Emby for Kodi  (Coreelec 9.0.2 / Kodi 18.2)  with Emby Server  (all latest versions).

sualfred

Are your movies synced?

For collections I use the Kodi internal one. Not a Emby node.

Edit:

"newest movies" only populates items of the last 60 days. I guess I have to drop this limitation because a lot of users asked a similar question.

Edited by sualfred

tealc59

Are your movies synced?

For collections I use the Kodi internal one. Not a Emby node.

Edit:

"newest movies" only populates items of the last 60 days. I guess I have to drop this limitation because a lot of users asked a similar question.

Thanks, 

- Kodi is well synced, yes.  I'll try to find more information for Collections problem.

- for the latest items in Home page not displayed in KODI, maybe the 60 days limitation could explain the problem  (if possible can you remove this limit please ?)

Regards,