[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

rbjtech

-edit- Apologies, now found the answer on why chapter images do not show with a refined search.

Edited by rbjtech

cablegooru

Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon?

I limit to 25 for all widgets because of speed penalties

Using Emby for Kodi. Is there a way to change that locally?

lightsout

I just stumbled across this have wanted to say wow, I am impressed, I have never taken the time to really dig into Kodi. But this made Emby integration so much better. Sent a beer your way. Cheers.

feerlessleadr

Hi Fred - I've noticed this particular behavior for a while, but just realized that it may be a bug. 

I use the NHL.tv addon to watch NHL games through my NHL.tv account, and when viewing the list of games in either the 'List' view or 'Wide' view, it looks like the wrong picture is being shown for the thumb/poster. There is an icon that is generated by the addon to be used as the thumb, however it looks like emuary is using the background fanart for that thumb instead. See below for a picture of what I'm talking about, with a comparison to the default Estuary skin (which displays the thumb correctly in both list and wide views). Apologies for the big pictures, I can't quite figure how to make them smaller.

If you need a log, please let me know. Also, just FYI, you do not need an NHL.tv account to view the screens that I'm showing in the screenshot, only to actually play the games (so if you'd like to test yourself, you'll be able to). 

Thanks!

5ca940b163ade_embuary.png5ca940bf5a9f9_defaultskin.png

sualfred

@@lightsout

Thanks!

@@feerlessleadr

Addons are a pita. Most of them don't follow the rules and set the content type and listitem values incorrectly. As you can see it also uses colors for the text. That's something only a skin should do. I don't  promise anything but please add a screenshot with activated debug overlay from the sidebar. So I'm able to see the reason.

Edited by sualfred

feerlessleadr

@@lightsout

Thanks!

@@feerlessleadr

Addons are a pita. Most of them don't follow the rules and set the content type and listitem values incorrectly. As you can see it also uses colors for the text. That's something only a skin should do. I don't  promise anything but please add a screenshot with activated debug overlay from the sidebar. So I'm able to see the reason.

Sure - see below. Not sure it will be much help since it is cutoff (and it wasn't scrolling, or I would have captured the actual image name). 

5ca9faa999813_debug.png

sualfred

As I thought. Wrong Container.Content. It's set to TV shows but it has to be "episodes" or even better "videos". ListItem.DBtype is also empty and should be video or episode instead. Nothing I can do without breaking other things. Sorry.

Edit:

Even "ListItem.ActualIcon" is wrong...and dozens of overwritten font styles. A great example what content developers should not do.

Edited by sualfred

feerlessleadr

As I thought. Wrong Container.Content. It's set to TV shows but it has to be "episodes" or even better "videos". ListItem.DBtype is also empty and should be video or episode instead. Nothing I can do without breaking other things. Sorry.

Edit:

Even "ListItem.ActualIcon" is wrong...and dozens of overwritten font styles. A great example what content developers should not do.

That's definitely surprising since the dev is a member of Team Kodi. 

Assuming the addon modifies the Container.Content to be episodes, as well as the ListItem.DBtype, to either video or episode, would that then allow the skin to show the correct thumb with no additional changes to embuary? Or are there other changes that would need to be made to the addon/skin for this to display properly in Embuary?

I'm going to try and tackle modifying this myself, but if I can't, I'm going to request the addon developer to see if he/she would make the change. 

sualfred

Being a Kodi member doesn't mean that you are a good developer :) Lot of them are just contributors that have a deeper relation to the team.

Anyway, that are unwritten rules and we skinners are always the ones who loose. Some people just think in their own little universe and not what's behind the next door (general problem in every scenario, nothing against the dev of the addon).

I'll ask him for the things to change tomorrow, because he is reworking the addon anyway. His GitHub branch is "WIP" and the last release was in 2017.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

feerlessleadr

Thanks - his last release was actually October 2018, which was for a test version of the addon to allow in progress game to be played from the beginning. Not sure why he never sent it to his repo, just a direct download link on the forum (that's the version I'm using, which is why I bring it up). 

Appreciate the help, as always, Fred. 

sualfred

Attention:

The next version of Krypton will be the last one and then it gets freezed. 

For future skin versions you have to use Kodi v18 from now on. 

• Like 1

sualfred

It got some fixes regarding missing labels. Nothing really special.

horstepipe

Okay.

The ‚reduced widget reload on startup‘ would be a nice last change for Krypton :-)

As we Apple TV users are bound to Krypton, we‘re very affected by this issue as we start Kodi quite often compared to Libreelec etc..

sualfred

Ok. I'll prepare a last Embuary Helper version for Krypton that has this change included.

• Like 1

flatline69

@@sualfred

I just updated a day or so ago to latest and today while I was reading the info for a title, I noticed a green exclamation mark (in a circle) beside the weather. I did a quick search of the thread but couldn't find any hits -- what's this for?

sualfred

It's an indicator if you have filtered by watched/unwatched items.

• Like 1

Sualfred are you using some of kind caching mechanism for images in your skin?

I tried to use embuary but it is not usable because still i see „loading content” mesage when navigating.

There is no such info on oryginal skin. Everything works smooth

I am using Kodi 17 on osmc + embycon