[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

sualfred

Official Kodi board. Stuff like this has to be added/changed by the developers of the software itself. Emby is not related to any Kodi code.

elpirate

Official Kodi board. Stuff like this has to be added/changed by the developers of the software itself. Emby is not related to any Kodi code.

OK Thanks

jonomite

I have a quick question regarding widgets when viewing an Emby node (i.e., not in a hub) - and specifically, the "continue watching" widget. When I view this widget in other areas of the skin, e.g., the home screen or in the movies hub, this widget properly displays my in-progress movies and it is synced to Emby. However, when I open the movies node, the continue watching widget displays a different set of movies that doesn't match up with Emby at all, and the list is different from the list that appears in the continue watching widget when viewed at the home screen or the movies hub. Is there a way to correct this or to use a custom widget in a node? Thanks!

sualfred

What do you use? Emby for Kodi or EmbyCon?

Edited by sualfred

sualfred

That should not be the case. In "all movies" and in "home" you will see the in-progress stuff from all your libraries and in a single movie hub you will only get the one of the opened library.

Please repair your movie databases to be sure nothing is "messy"

If that doesn't help please report back with a regular Kodi log.

jonomite

I did a repair and I'm still seeing the same issue.

I just want to make sure I'm describing the issue correctly - in "all movies" and "home" I do see the correct "continue watching" widget. When I access movies from the sidebar (which I understand to be the same as accessing my library from "all movies") it also displays correctly. It's only when access my movies library from the movies "node" (i.e., from the menu at the top of the home screen) that I appear to get an incorrect continue watching widget.  

Do you need to take a look at an Emby for Kodi log? Or is there a different log that you need?

sualfred

Do you have multiple movie libraries in Emby? Like "Movies", "Kids movies", "Documentations", etc?

Please provide a screenshot of "all movies" and "movies" plus a Kodi log.

jonomite

Do you have multiple movie libraries in Emby? Like "Movies", "Kids movies", "Documentations", etc?

Please provide a screenshot of "all movies" and "movies" plus a Kodi log.

Yes, I do have a separate home videos library.

I will work on this. What kind of Kodi log would be most helpful?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is supposed to be covered under the skin or Kodi itself, but anyhow just needed some help.

I've noticed that the "Latest Movies" widget has got a Watched Status/Playcount filter. Everytime i watch something on the Latest Movies it disappears. How can i make it to ignore Watched Status and remain on the Latest Movies list.

My workaround for it was to create a custom widget that points to my Movies library and sort it by "date added".

Any other smarter way to go about this?

Thx, 

Jon

sualfred

This widget only shows unwatched items. This has not been touched since forever :)

Your "workaround" is the correct way to change it like you want it.

Hi,

I have just started to use Embuary in kodi Leia and I have a question regarding movies in library "Home video and photos.  In the web inteface it´s possible to click on the three dots on a movie and select "play all from here" and all my home made movies will be played after each other. It´s also possible to sort the movies by when they are created. The videos will be sorted in time order. 

In Embuary I cannot get the same result. After I have played a movie the next one will not start to play automatically. I have to manualy start next movie. The sorting function did not work as the web interface function does. I cannot get my files in time order after I have selected "sort by date". There is a lot more choises in the web interface compare to embuary regarding sort function.

I should also mention that all my home made videos are in seperate folders by year. And I put videos from severals diveces in the same folder. The folder structures look like this:

Top folder "Home video"

Does anyone know a solution for my problems in embuary?

BR

sualfred

Kodi doesn't have a native mixed node for photos + videos so not everything is possible. Depending on the path other sort options can be possible. This is not handled by a skin. But since it's a virtual addon node, you can ask @@Angelblue05 for other sort options.

Play from here is working if you open the context menu on the item (keyboard: "c").

Edited by sualfred

Kodi doesn't have a native mixed node for photos + videos so not everything is possible. Depending on the path other sort options can be possible. This is not handled by a skin. But since it's a virtual addon node, you can ask @@Angelblue05 for other sort options.

Play from here is working if you open the context menu on the item (keyboard: "c").

I´ve now tested the play from here function via context menu but the next video will not start.  Before I start to use Embuary I used the skin Titan and I think the home video folder was showed by "smart shortcut". I dont know if it matters? Anyway, in Titan my home made videos work as I want them to do.

sualfred

My auto node detection is using the picture window of Kodi. Try to create your own link as main menu item via -> addons -> video addons -> emby -> homevideos & photos. Maybe this makes a difference, because Kodi doesn't know videos in the picture window.

The playback and the node is handled by the addon.

Edited by sualfred

My auto node detection is using the picture window of Kodi. Try to create your own link as main menu item via -> addons -> video addons -> emby -> homevideos & photos. Maybe this makes a difference, because Kodi doesn't know videos in the picture window.

The playback and the node is handled by the addon.

I´ve start the video via -> addons -> video addons -> emby -> homevideos & photos but the result is unfortunately the same.

I dont have any picures in my folders. Do you think there will be any differences if I remove the folder path and make a new path with "movies" instead of Homevideos & Photos?

sualfred

That will def. work and is the correct approach, because the items are going to be synced to your local library.

chjohans

I just upgraded to Kodi Leia and reinstalled Embuary, everything went smooth. But when reconfiguring Embuary i really miss the option to customize the power menu. I'm managing a few kodi installations remotely and I would like to disable the "shutdown" option to avoid silly mistakes.

Am I missing something or is this option gone in the Leia version?

And if it is, any chance of resurrecting it?

Update: The option is still there and impossible to miss so not sure how I missed it. :)

Edited by chjohans

• 3 weeks later...
horstepipe

Hey Fred,

could you please make the plot/descripton window show up when pressing "I" on a music video like you did for audio books?

Best regards

sualfred

It's not skin related. The info dialog is not going to be called by Kodi.

horstepipe

Yeah but you figured out showing up the plot/description window. I requested it for audio books and you implemented it :-)

sualfred

For audio books it is different, because they are handled as songs. But I will add a fake action. Just keep in mind that this will not work for widgets, but in the library views.

• Like 1

rbjtech

I've just stumbled on Embuary when playing with Kodi/LibreElec trying to breath some life into an old Intel Atom/Nvidia Ion x86 box and it's magnificent ! 

Amazing work - it looks identical (and better in places lol) than the official Apps.

Thankyou.

Some beer tokens certainly coming your way.  :)

• Like 1